Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 5 2009, 09:37 AM   #16
clint g
Admiral

Re: A few PS3 questions

CaptainHawk1 wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
dkehler wrote: View Post
One other thing I forgot to mention: Sony releases firmware updates pretty much every month or so that often add features or make other improvements.
Just not the ones people want.
I don't know where you're getting that. Sony has been very good about addressing PS3 owner's needs with their updates.
Now the only need they need to address is their games

I kid, I kid....sort of

I'm guessing that you don't own a PS3 because it always seems like the people who take a dump on it are the people who don't own one.
I may be wrong, but from what I recall Hermoid is one of the biggest PS3 supporters on the board. Just because someone has issues with a system doesn't mean they're resorting to fanboyism. I own a PS3 and as a consumer I have several gripes with the product. Be careful with your assumptions.
Old April 5 2009, 10:44 AM   #17
Hermiod
Admiral

CaptainHawk1 wrote: View Post
I don't know where you're getting that. Sony has been very good about addressing PS3 owner's needs with their updates.

I'm guessing that you don't own a PS3 because it always seems like the people who take a dump on it are the people who don't own one.
I have a PS3. It's my main gaming system and I also use it for playing all of my media, DVDs and Blu-Rays because it does such a good job. I buy all my cross platform titles for it instead of my Xbox 360 or my fairly decent gaming PC. Don't make assumptions, as clint g says.

My issue with Sony is that they keep adding new features with every firmware update while ignoring the two that people actually want - cross-game invites and voice chat. The Xbox 360 has a considerable advantage when it comes to multiplayer because a player can just A) chat to a friend or friends while they're all playing different games and B) send easy invitations to join each other's games directly.

I have other features I would like to see, such as vastly improved privacy options. I would like to be able to hide my games list and trophies and hide my online status. These are features Xbox Live has and PSN lacks. I can appreciate the fact that Xbox Live is a paid service and PSN is not, and that's fair, but I value these features more than some of the ones we've seen lately.

My overall impression of the PS3 has been extremely positive, I prefer the controllers, the PSN Store is much easier and faster to use than the Xbox Live Marketplace, the machine is quieter and more reliable, I enjoy being able to use whatever Bluetooth headset I like with it etc.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2009, 10:43 AM   #18
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Thanks for all the info folks!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote