RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,719
Members: 26,183
Currently online: 409
Newest member: dean 1960

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode:
Excellent 5 25.00%
Above average 8 40.00%
Average 3 15.00%
Below average 1 5.00%
Poor 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29 2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Aragorn
Admiral

Battlestar Galactica 5x03: "Outbreak"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 5x03: "Outbreak."
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Outbreak"

Bill learns that his surprise visitor (William Shatner) has been living on the planet for quite some time now. When Baltar tries to nurse an injured pigeon back to health to appease the native tribe he has offended, Head Gaeta tells him there's a 51% chance he won't kill it. Tyrol returns just in time for the widespread illness to become a full blown epidemic... and may hold the key to the village's survival.

Previously on Battlestar Galactica...
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Meanwhile, Bill finds out he's not alone...
Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
What was with the cutaway to Tyrol during the negotiation scene? It looked like he was digging something up, but they didn't show us what. Though that explains the title, I guess.
Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
Oh, but I did like Baltar and that chick. He should get a spin off of just him roaming around banging native chicks.
Lindley wrote: View Post
I only have one question. What the hell was up with William Shatner's cameo?
CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
The part with Adama sleeping in the fully built cabin turning out to be a dream sequence? Lame. Looks like he's going to be building it all season.
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I love what they did with Gaeta's return. I wonder if he'll be the new comic relief this season.
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
As for Kara's return, I think the pigeon is a pretty big clue.
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Glad to see Bill's making good progress on his cabin, especially now that he has Zombie Laura to help.
I'm still not convinced she's physically there. In fact, I'm not convinced Adama is even really building a cabin. The whole "glass city" thing makes me thing he's lost his mind and is hallucinating all of it as he's dying.
Old March 29 2009, 02:12 AM   #2
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 5x03: "Outbreak"

Poor.

I've been waiting for Adama to meet Will Shatner for years, and what do we get? Five minutes of chopping wood. Huge disappointment.

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - The immortal Terry Pratchett
Old March 29 2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

They're dragging this pigeon thing out -- it will either miraculously heal and fly out of the hut (making a perfect left turn) or Baltar will intentionally kill it.

Either way, best scene was Shatner and Adama showing off their woodsman skills, with Zombie Laura running in front of the axe constantly. I got a laugh.

-nobody
Old March 29 2009, 02:15 AM   #4
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

I was worried about this one form reading the summary, but it was amazing. The best this season by far.

I wonder what's behind Shatner's character refusing to tell anyone his name. We could call him Rocket Man, since they slipped that joke in there. The humor seems to be increasing this season.

Did anyone catch that background tribal guy who said something about there being "sky fire" before the disease appeared? I'm thinking it may have something to do with that diseased satellite Baltar and the Cylons found in season 3...
Old March 29 2009, 02:19 AM   #5
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

^ Could be a piece of the supposed flown-into-the-sun fleet. God knows how nasty those ships were.

Gaeta seems pretty pointless this season, after his dramatic return -- he fails to remember any of his rudimentary biology skills he once bragged about? Does the afterlife bring amnesia? Whatever. God will fix it.

-nobody
Old March 29 2009, 02:20 AM   #6
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

Well Cottle finally ran out of smokes, and what does he do? Takes off his clothes and runs around camp like a crazy man. Thank Gods that Romo found that pot plant eh?
Old March 29 2009, 02:22 AM   #7
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Nobody wrote: View Post
^ Could be a piece of the supposed flown-into-the-sun fleet. God knows how nasty those ships were.

Gaeta seems pretty pointless this season, after his dramatic return -- he fails to remember any of his rudimentary biology skills he once bragged about? Does the afterlife bring amnesia? Whatever. God will fix it.

-nobody
Well....he seems to be an Angel of God this season, and they have a history of being vague and semi-useless. Maybe it's a prerequisite for the job.
Old March 29 2009, 02:40 AM   #8
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

I am going to rate all these season 5 episodes "poor". I am not sure why.
Old March 29 2009, 02:41 AM   #9
Skywalker
Admiral

I'd really like to know where that centurion head that Tyrol dug up and brought back with him came from. I thought the Cylons had never been to this Earth?
Old March 29 2009, 02:43 AM   #10
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

-nobody
Well....he seems to be an Angel of God this season, and they have a history of being vague and semi-useless. Maybe it's a prerequisite for the job.

Hopefully, when Starbuck returns we can have an Angel of God smackdown. I'm guessing they drag her return until episode 12, "Upon The Watchtower".

Does anyone else get the impression that the Shat might be "God"? Or is he really just some dude in the woods?

-nobody
Old March 29 2009, 02:43 AM   #11
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I'd really like to know where that centurion head that Tyrol dug up and brought back with him came from. I thought the Cylons had never been to this Earth?
"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."
Old March 29 2009, 02:44 AM   #12
Skywalker
Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."
That's bullshit. The cycle was supposed to have been broken! I'm tired of RDM dicking around with us.
Old March 29 2009, 02:45 AM   #13
Aragorn
Admiral

Does anyone else get the impression that the Shat might be "God"? Or is he really just some dude in the woods?
I'm getting a Tim Curry/Earth 2 vibe from Shatner's still-unnamed character. But so far he hasn't killed any of our Colonials.
Old March 29 2009, 02:47 AM   #14
Skywalker
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
I'm getting a Tim Curry/Earth 2 vibe from Shatner's still-unnamed character. But so far he hasn't killed any of our Colonials.
Give him time.

I'm actually pretty impressed with what Shat's done so far. Usually he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, but he's really brought his A-game to this role.
Old March 29 2009, 03:25 AM   #15
CommanderTrip
Captain

I gave this one an above average. The episode felt like mostly filler, up until the last 5 minutes or so. I can't wait for the showdown between Adama and Shatner next week. I had a feeling Shatner wanted to take over Adama's cabin. Seeing Adama and Shatner's characters face off with axes in hand, and then just cutting to be continued..... epic...

My favorite cliffhanger of Season Five thus far:

"Adama: You can cut me whatever you like. I'm getting my wood.

Shatner: You are making.....such.......a mistake..

Adama: I'm getting..... my wood."