New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 24 2009, 05:13 AM   #121
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Re: 24 - Day 7: 10:00PM - 11:00PM: Discussion and Spoilers

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
According to the TV Guide web site, Connor still has two more "hours" to go. I'm guessing he'll be dead by 1 a.m.

What ticked me off is that I asked Manny and Brannon at Vegas why he hadn't been on before this and Manny said they wanted to give him a role where he could shine ... a guard who takes a bribe and runs away like a terrified rabbit? ??!!

Maybe he'll be better in episode 11p-12m.
Conner should just kiss their asses for even having him on a REAL network show..just keeping it real...

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 11:43 AM   #122
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I suspect, probably not too much of stretch, that Jack isn't exposed to the BIOLOGICAL WEAPON. Either he was just exposed to the device's refrigerant, the bio weapon isn't a virulent as we may suspect, or it was a benign decoy device. Obviously there's no way Jack was exposed to something severe and will die. At "worst" it'll slow him down over the rest of the "day" and he'll be cured between seasons. Anyone remember his severe heart trouble at the end of Season 2?

And, yeah, Harvey is definitely coming around to the Ways of Jack.

Well, there is such a thing as the human immune system, which is one of the many reasons why bioweapons are a crapshoot. It's also possible that Starkwood designed their weapon to be used on the battlefield, rather than as a weapon of terror, in which case they would have gone with something that is incapacitating but not deadly. The big idea behind using bioweapons isn't to kill huge numbers so much as it is to make the enemy so sick that none of them can fight back. Assuming that they originally wanted it to pacify urban areas to make it easier to get to insurgents, a less-lethal bioweapon makes sense. Puking civilians can be a mild PR hit. Dead civilians, substantially worse.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 04:39 PM   #123
apostle83
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to apostle83 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to apostle83 Send a message via Yahoo to apostle83

As I watched 24 last night with Jack Bauer on my lap, I could not help but laugh at the "bio-weapon." It's going to be designed to kill people. Blackwater would never get backed into a corner like that without a lethal option to blackmail with.
Old March 24 2009, 07:42 PM   #124
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

Was that a shot of Kim in the pre-veiw for next week?
at least the clock wasn't silent after Jack was exposed?
Old March 25 2009, 03:07 AM   #125
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I tuned in at random just for the heck of it and I was glad I did. It's not hard to figure out what's happened in the past 4-5 episodes I bailed on - Jack's still chasing terrorists (the boring Africans being thankfully out of the way, Angelina's pappy is so much better!), the FBI wuss is still trying to poop Jack's party, and the White House is a festering nest of viperous vipers.

I would have been very sad to have missed Jack sticking a gun in Trip Tucker's face!

Nice of Jack to save Trip at the expense of Tony's life, probably. But hey Tony's a survivor and possibly is unkillable like on Heroes?

Anyone else scream "REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE MASON?!?" at the teevee when Jack started poking around in the truck?

What happened to Chloe and Rhys Coiro? They need to get them back in the mix.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 04:17 AM   #126
TGTheodore
Writer

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
What happened to Chloe and Rhys Coiro? They need to get them back in the mix.
And Chloe still doesn't know what happened to Bill. (At least it's not been shown on camera).

--Ted
Old March 25 2009, 08:20 AM   #127
Hermiod
Admiral

Isn't Chloe's absence something to do with Mary Lynn Rajskub being pregnant ?
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 01:04 PM   #128
Servo
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Like many here my buddy and I expected Trip to die, especially with the setup with the pregnant wife, the guy just wanting to do his family good, etc. Was pleasantly surprised that he survived.
It was plainly obvious from the second he appeared on screen that he wasn't going to die. Firstly, they were never going to hire Trineer to be a redshirt for 20 minutes. Secondly, they were laying on the "dedicated family man" angle way too thick, and it would have been way too obvious and cheap to kill him after that. It was plain as day that Jack, after losing so many innocent lives today, was going to go out of his way to save Carl.
Old March 25 2009, 01:16 PM   #129
Hermiod
Admiral

Jack would have ceased have any kind of credibility for me if he'd allowed Trip to die. He promised that he'd have Trip's back. He made a similar promise earlier this season and was prevented from keeping it.

This time, however, it was a choice between firing or not firing.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 08:39 PM   #130
Harvey
Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Isn't Chloe's absence something to do with Mary Lynn Rajskub being pregnant ?
Yes. I think Morris might be back for a few more episodes to take her place.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote