New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 24 2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Jax
Admiral

TV Ratings (Monday 23rd March)

-Total Viewers:
ABC: 16.71 million, CBS: 10.29, Fox: 8.99, NBC: 6.36, CW: 2.23

-Adults 18-49:
ABC: 4.2 rating/11 share, CBS: 3.4/9, Fox: 3.0/8, NBC: 2.4/6, CW: 1.1/3

ABC

Dancing With The Stars (2 hour) - 20.02 million & 4.9/13
Castle - 9.81 million & 2.7/7

CBS

How I Met Your Mother (series low) - 7.40 million & 2.9/8
How I Met Your Mother (repeat) - 6.95 million & 2.6/7
Two and a Half Men (repeat) - 11.06 million & 3.5/9
Rules of Engagement - 9.43 million & 3.4/8
CSI: Miami - 13.46 million & 4.0/11

FOX

House (repeat) - 7.67 million & 2.7/7
24 (season low) - 10.30 million & 3.4/8

NBC

Chuck - 6.05 million & 2.2/6
Heroes (series low) - 6.48 million & 3.0/7
Medium (series low) - 6.56 million & 2.2/6

CW

Gossip Girl (series low) - 2.20 million & 1.0/ 3
One Tree Hill (series low) - 2.26 million & 1.1/3
Old March 24 2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Borgminister

Re: TV Ratings (Monday 23rd March)

Hopefully good word of mouth will turn Heroes numbers around... demo is hanging by a thread.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Mr Light
Admiral

Wow, bad ratings all around for my shows. I guess it was unrealistic to expect the actual rating of Heroes to go up because it was the Bryan Fuller episode; after all who outside of internet chat groups would even be aware of that? Hopefully next week will match or raise, though.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 10:39 PM   #4
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Heroes should be canceled right now, NBC should just go "We already canceled that shit show". It's not only a terrible show with terrible ratings that deserves to die, but now it's taking Medium down with it.
Old March 24 2009, 11:11 PM   #5
wamdue
Admiral

am I the only one who is enjoying this Volume (BBC 2 pace) ?
Old March 24 2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Borgminister

No, Chuck is taking Heroes down with it!
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Thrall
Commodore

Borgminister wrote: View Post
I really hope you're joking about that.
Old March 24 2009, 11:47 PM   #8
BigFoot
Admiral

I personally think it's the other way around.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 12:03 AM   #9
Tomato
Rear Admiral

WTF happened to How I met your mother?? Is DWTS taking it down? And is that a good rating for Castle??
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Jax
Admiral

^

CBS screwed up HIMYM by airing it in the normal slot for TBBT but no one knew so most people thought it would be a TBBT repeat at 8pm and normal HIMYM at 8:30pm, so they loss 2-3 million viewers in the process. Whoever made that call to air it at 8pm should be sacked for being a total idiot.

BigFoot wrote: View Post
I personally think it's the other way around.
Chuck is taking itself down just like Heroes, neither have anysort of affect on each other. Chuck for me is dead now as is Medium, which is suffering from Heroes as many 10pm shows really need a strong lead in to survive unless your a house hold name like CSI but then again CBS always has strong 9pm lead ins.

Heroes will be cancelled next year, there is now no doubt, what a fall from grace ey
Old March 25 2009, 02:08 AM   #11
nx1701g
Admiral

Tomato wrote: View Post
Is DWTS taking it down?
Dancing with the Stars does seem to be a beast. I like seeing how it does against AI.
Old March 25 2009, 04:10 AM   #12
Thrall
Commodore

Chuck is taking itself down just like Heroes, neither have anysort of affect on each other.
Except most experts have been saying the exact opposite. When Chuck started out this season they were averaging 8 to 9 million viewers. Now it's 6. Heroes is the flagship show on Monday's. That's just a fact. Chuck is the orderves to Heroes main course to Mediums desert. The decline in viewership to both Chuck and Medium occurred at the exact same time as the decline in quality of Heroes and the publics dissatisfaction with it. I don't think that's a coincidence. If it is, it's one hell of one. The decline in Chuck and Medium's ratings have nothing to do with their quality. But rather the stiff competention on Monday's combined with the publics distain for Heroes. If people don't like the food, they ain't gonna eat the onion rings before it or the ice cream after it.

Medium probably is gone. Because it's never been that great ratings wise and it's becoming expensive. The only reason they didn't get rid of it after last season is that Lifetime would have gotten the rights to it.

Chuck could go either way. It's ratings and demos are crap. But it still does better then a good portion of NBC's other scripted shows, which is just sad. But it costs less then most of their shows, so they do make money on it. It's also a critics darling, and NBC loves those. And the higher ups seem to like it as well. The only thing keeping Chuck from getting Friday Night Lights numbers is the fact that it has a very vocal cult following as well. And most people seem to understand that a small little cult show going head to head with juggernauts like DWTS, House, 24, and CBS's Monday Comedy Block just isn't going to happen. What it needs is a new night or a move to USA, where it would fit in nicely back to back with Burn Notice.
Old March 25 2009, 12:39 PM   #13
Jax
Admiral

^ I fail to see how a 9pm show can affect a 8pm show in Chuck, lets face it the show has never grabbed an audience and the writers strike made sure of that In fact the writers strike may of been a blessing because if it had a full 1st season, what we are seeing now could have occured in People don't want to watch it just like Heroes because they don't like it, sadly TREK BBS viewers don't make up the normal viewings of the TV world or TV might be actually half decent
Chuck should be cancelled but I still call it 50/50 and Heroes will end next year unless it can rise to at least 8 million, ideally a 18 or 19 episode season 4 could leave into a 5th season of 21 or 22 to hit 100 and end the show but I don't see that happening now.
Old March 25 2009, 05:32 PM   #14
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

The decline in viewership to both Chuck and Medium occurred at the exact same time as the decline in quality of Heroes and the publics dissatisfaction with it. I don't think that's a coincidence. If it is, it's one hell of one.
Shows overall have been showing erosion in ratings - it's a general trend as cable sucks up more broadcast network viewers. And I have seen way too many counter-examples to believe that there is any correlation between quality and ratings.

I'm also skeptical about the whole "lead-in" phenomenon. That might be true for lowest common denomenator shows like reality TV and cop shows, where the audience is just watching whatever happens to be in front of their faces, but for both Chuck and Heroes (and Medium too) I'd say they all have established audiences that watch a particular show or shows and the placement of those shows is irrelevant. Networks cling to the lead-in philosophy because it gives them an illusion of control over increasingly uncontrollable TV audiences.
I fail to see how a 9pm show can affect a 8pm show in Chuck,
And there's that, too. But the whole NBC Monday night is advertised as a package with cross-promotion between them, so presumably they can help each other out by sharing audiences. But it's futile; I watch Chuck and Heroes because I like them, but no amount of advertising will induce me to watch Medium. Already tried it, not for me.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2009, 06:03 PM   #15
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I'm also skeptical about the whole "lead-in" phenomenon.
As I've demonstrated in the past, I readily admit I don't understand all this ratings stuff, but count me as another person skeptical of this as well. It makes no sense to me that I'm going to necessarily watch the show following the current show I'm watching just because it's on the same channel. (with the possible exception of 1/2 hour sitcoms)

This isn't 1960 anymore. People have remote controls. People have multiple channels to choose from. I just think the concept that people are tied to a channel is outdated.