Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old March 29 2009, 11:23 PM   #31
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Empok Nor: Is Garak guilty of murder?

There was a certain Starfleet serial killer on DS9 that probably made the Starfleet officers aboard a lot more uncomfortable, or at least fear for their lives, more than Garak ever did. Garak may be scary, but I wouldn't be constantly worried he was going to randomly cap me when I wasn't looking.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2009, 12:02 AM   #32
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Damar

Praetor wrote: View Post
There was a certain Starfleet serial killer on DS9 that probably made the Starfleet officers aboard a lot more uncomfortable, or at least fear for their lives, more than Garak ever did. Garak may be scary, but I wouldn't be constantly worried he was going to randomly cap me when I wasn't looking.
There is nothing worse than a Vulcan with a damaged sense of Logic.

Thor Damar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2009, 12:03 AM   #33
Meredith
Vice Admiral

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Thor Damar wrote: View Post
^ No one ever stops to think about the henchmen do they?
I like to think of them as Vreenak's Nos. 21 and 24.

Picturing Both of Vreenak's Body Guards as 21 and 24 is quite amusing.

V21: Dude did you hear that Vreenak got his birthday cake he was all like "It's my Caaaaaake!!!!"

V24: Yeah, he totally like to hold his A's way past what could be considered normal.

Vreenak: Minions!!!!!! Stop Talking about me!!!
Old March 31 2009, 05:46 PM   #34
jamestyler
Commodore

View jamestyler's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jamestyler

This is an odd one for me... I'd only just realised a connection to some real life examples in my profession.

The most recent was a guy who'd killed someone in a nursing home accidently. It's very different case, no experimental drugs involved, but he had mental problems which made him lose control and accidentally kill someone. He wasn't charged as he wasn't under control of his faculties and wasn't able to stop himself.

Another, more extreme case, was a guy who killed his family two years ago. A very pleasant man by all accounts, but over the years he had become heavily brain damaged to the point where he was paranoid and delusional. He killed his wife, child and them - possibly out of remorse, but we'll never know for sure - killed himself the following day.

Ever since then the fandom was split into two camps. One who'd disown him for being an evil man who did an evil thing. However I'm with the side who believes he wasn't an evil man and while he'd done something unforgivable I place the blame for those who were responsable for his health and pushed him into positions that caused the brain damage and used him to the point where he was no longer in control of himself.

I feel there that the fault was with those that caused his medica state. Much like Garak in this episode, the fault lies with the drug that altered him and made him lose control. In every day life he wouldn't go around killing people for sport, he's a very controlled individual. And thats the difference. For me at least...