New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 21 2009, 05:15 PM   #16
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Re: Am i alone?

I liked it, about the only thing I thought was crappy about it was not fully explaining who Kara was and Six and Baltar making the reference, "it doesn't like to be called God". All that did was set up a whole new mystery of what "it" is and we will never know what or who they are talking about.
Old March 21 2009, 05:28 PM   #17
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Dar70 wrote: View Post
Of course you are not alone. In fact those of us who didnt think it was great are the minority. I have said in other threads I didnt hate it all. I just wish they went a different route with the last hour. It was pretty much the most unoriginal way to go with it. Again no surprises for me becuase I and just about everyone had thought about the past earth scenerio. I much would have seen them carry the "earth is gone" scenerio to the end. Afterall this show has been about the unconventional from the start right? Why all of a sudden the last epsidoe disregards that?? It was a qucik fix. No surprises.

For those who are compalining that those who werent satisfied are somehow missing the point. Thats unfair. You can like it well enough but some cant hate it? To each his own as they say, but there is nothing wrong with debating the good and bad of the episode.
Quoted for Truth.

I liked the finale as much as a regular BSG episode. I just felt the "God did it" stuff was an incredible cop out. You don't show me years of a mystery hinting that Col Mustard is the killer and then in the end Col Mustard is the killer. THAT'S SOME MYSTERY.
Old March 21 2009, 05:49 PM   #18
cbspock
Rear Admiral

I loved the finale. I thought it had a whole 2001 type vibe to it.

-Chris
Old March 21 2009, 05:53 PM   #19
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Phily B wrote: View Post
You can tell this is a Star Trek forum though, with everyone whining about little details that do not matter.

The only thing I didn't like was the constant flashbacks to the opera house, I'd prefer if they left this to the viewer to dot together.

LOL!!!

I thought the whole Opera House thing was visually well done, but I got the connection way before they started cutting to it. They could have let the viewers figure it out, but then we would be hearing all sorts of whining about people not getting it.

I think some Star Trek fans need to learn to relax and just enjoy the story and stop nitpicking every frakking thing. The new movie could be the best thing ever to happen to Trek and they will still bitch and moan about some stupid little detail.

-Chris
Old March 21 2009, 05:54 PM   #20
Ward Fowler
Commodore

I thought everything up to finding Earth was fantastic. It went a bit down hill from there, at least for me. Didn't hate it, but I felt it could have been better. Giving up their tech doomed them to certain death in a short amount of time. Not explaining Starbuck and the "Head People" was a cop out. Overall, it was really good, but not completely satisfying.
Old March 21 2009, 06:33 PM   #21
USS Gettysburg
Captain

You gotta have long term faith in a series finale like this. There is a certain shock that occurs after watching it. Kind of that gut reaction of "NO it's over and I am mad as hell about it!" I doubt a lot of the mad people could ever be satisfied by a finale of this show.

It is a dense episode that gives us a ton to think about. I think its real glory will be in its analysis and comparison to the rest of the series.
Old March 21 2009, 06:43 PM   #22
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Phily B wrote: View Post
You can tell this is a Star Trek forum though, with everyone whining about little details that do not matter.
On the flipside though people need to allow that one can enjoy it but still voice some complaints. Sometimes I think it's expected that "real" fans must enjoy every single element in its totality.
Old March 21 2009, 09:20 PM   #23
mswood
Rear Admiral

I loved a lot of parts of the episode, I didn't care for it as a solid connected episode. I have no problem with religion (even if I think its hogwash in real life), that aspect is one i have always found enjoyable on the show.

But i hated the pacing and structure of the episode, as it felt like about 6 episodes shoved into two (One of the problems I had with New Caprica). I have found this to be one of the few real problems I have with the storytelling throughout nuBSG.

Still take each individual scene, and I have a lot of love for it.
Old March 21 2009, 09:47 PM   #24
hxclespaulplayer
Commander

[quote=Ward Fowler;2739134Not explaining Starbuck and the "Head People" was a cop out.[/quote]

"Head People" weren't as such explained but implied to be angels - HeadSix and Baltar, in the final few minutes, seemed to act as if they'd witnessed the cycle many times, and keep in mind that HeadSix told Baltar that when he pointed to that Tylium refinery in s1, Baltar paniced, to which HeadSix said "God doesn't always speak in words".
Old March 21 2009, 10:09 PM   #25
scotthm
Rear Admiral

Lookingglassman wrote: View Post
about the only thing I thought was crappy about it was not fully explaining who Kara was...
Kara was Kara, a human female who died, and was then miraculously returned for a time to fulfill her destiny. I guess we might say the Kara after the return was a ghost.

...and Six and Baltar making the reference, "it doesn't like to be called God". All that did was set up a whole new mystery of what "it" is and we will never know what or who they are talking about.
"It" is god, of course. What makes you think you could even understand what that means if someone could explain it to you?

---------------
Old March 21 2009, 10:21 PM   #26
USS KG5
Vice Admiral

scotthm wrote: View Post
...and Six and Baltar making the reference, "it doesn't like to be called God". All that did was set up a whole new mystery of what "it" is and we will never know what or who they are talking about.
"It" is god, of course. What makes you think you could even understand what that means if someone could explain it to you?
Good point here - are people here seriously expecting a TV show to explain the nature of God, or worse still to totally debunk God?

There is a horrific and terrifying tendency amongst scientifically minded people to dismiss all spiritualism, or even the basic human belief in forces and powers in the universe greater than we are because of the bigoted attitude of the ignorant morons who criticise science from organised religious bodies.

Not all humans are capable of logically analysing a situation effectively, if you are that is a gift but it does not mean there is not a greater power out there, and heck, why not call it "God"?

Because some morons see it as an excuse to bash anyone who does not follow rules written by a human in a book 2000 years ago does not mean there is not a guiding power in the universe.

We need our technology, and the amazing human beings that created the Internet, the jet engine and antibiotics are the same race that committed the Holocaust, wiped out the native Americans and flew aircraft into skyscrapers of innocent people on 9/11.

Sadly the fundamental human truth of BSG - that we are all the same on a basic level and we HAVE to rub along, take responsibility, and above all grow up or face destruction - will be drowned out on this board because sci-fi fans often need every t crossed and i dotted.
Old March 21 2009, 10:47 PM   #27
TK421
Commodore

Frontier wrote: View Post
Check the grading thread, lots of love there.

I loved it. It was perfect. You're not alone.
Absolutely agreed
Old March 21 2009, 10:51 PM   #28
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

TK421 wrote: View Post
Frontier wrote: View Post
Check the grading thread, lots of love there.

I loved it. It was perfect. You're not alone.
Absolutely agreed
Yep. By and large it was loved. People who didn't like it are just louder than those who did. I adored it and nothing is going to change that. Why would it? I cheered, cried and laughed during the finale. Perfect BSG in my book.
Old March 21 2009, 10:58 PM   #29
Seven of Five
Commodore

I wanted one last gibbering-wreck episode and it definately delivered.

I really enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No, but I doubt it could please everybody. It was still excellent though.
Old March 21 2009, 11:02 PM   #30
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Seven Of Five wrote: View Post
I wanted one last gibbering-wreck episode and it definately delivered.

I really enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No, but I doubt it could please everybody. It was still excellent though.
I thought it was near perfect. No finale is ever perfect but this one could have been if Roslin screamed, "I'm coming for all of you!" one last time. Didn't even have to make sense or anything. She could have seen those deer and screamed it out. So long as she did it.