Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 21 2009, 07:24 AM   #1
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

My Official "The Ending Sucked" Thread

I voted Below Avg for the ending and I felt that I was being kind.

To abandon technology and and embrace hunter-gather/agrarian living...that is what I waited for?

Kiss My Ass.

A WMD devastated earth was more interesting than this "back to the land" bullshit.

I am not happy.
Old March 21 2009, 07:29 AM   #2
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Re: My Official "The Ending Sucked" Thread

Ok.
Old March 21 2009, 07:32 AM   #3
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I am very happy. Sorry, mate, no despair here.
Old March 21 2009, 07:34 AM   #4
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

If you don't like then don't watch!!!

Oh...wait.
Old March 21 2009, 07:38 AM   #5
USS Gettysburg
Captain

Master of Tarquin Hill wrote: View Post
To abandon technology and and embrace hunter-gather/agrarian living...that is what I waited for?

A WMD devastated earth was more interesting than this "back to the land" bullshit.

I am not happy.
So you hate it because you don't like what the last human survivors decide to do? You would have been happy if they had made cities? That's your complaint? You know the ending wasn't that one decision. Kind of a small part in the whole "this has all happened before and will happen again" stuff.
Old March 21 2009, 07:39 AM   #6
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
If you don't like then don't watch!!!

Oh...wait.

I don't hate the show and I'm glad I watched - but yeah, I'm pretty seriously let down that they whole point was a very simplistc and very very cliche' message that "technology is teh evil and God is watching us!!!"

It isn't original and it's been done many times before!
Old March 21 2009, 07:40 AM   #7
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

bryce wrote: View Post
I don't hate the show and I'm glad I watched - but yeah, I'm pretty seriously let down that they whole point was a very simplistc and very very cliche' message that "technology is teh evil and God is watching us!!!"
Clearly not the message of the show.
Old March 21 2009, 07:43 AM   #8
bryce
Commodore

Plus, after all they have been through - they just "took the risk" that they Centurions wouldn't come back someday and whipe them out!?

How was that "worth the risk!?"

I'm not even saying that it wasn't the right decision - genocide of the Centurions or enslaving them wouldn't have been better IMHO - I just don't see the Colonials thinking it was "worth the risk" - again.
Old March 21 2009, 07:46 AM   #9
USS Gettysburg
Captain

Plus, after all they have been through - they just "took the risk" that they Centurions wouldn't come back someday and whipe them out!?

I'm not even saying that it wasn't the right decision - genocide of the Centurions or enslaving them wouldn't have been better IMHO - I just don't see the Colonials thinking it was "worth the risk" - again.
Yes, because they had the guns and the ship to... destroy... the centurions. Damn, Galactica's back was broken. OK, Centurions, be free!
Old March 21 2009, 07:46 AM   #10
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Or, it clearly IS the message of the last episode.
Old March 21 2009, 07:51 AM   #11
bryce
Commodore

USS Gettysburg wrote: View Post

Yes, because they had the guns and the ship to... destroy... the centurions. Damn, Galactica's back was broken. OK, Centurions, be free!
No they didn't & I'm not suggestiong that would have been the right decision - but just letting the Centurions take off the last FTL capable, nuclear *armed* ship like it was no big deal...that seemed kinda out of character to me...

What if the Centurions decided to come back next *week* and just nuke the planet and be rid of all the humans/human-form cylons - just to be on the safe side!?

How could they stop them?
Old March 21 2009, 07:55 AM   #12
USS Gettysburg
Captain

^ Yea, I am saying what else could they do? They couldn't win against the centurions. So letting the free willed centurions go free was basically paying lip service to the fact that they couldn't stop them from leaving. Their faith in the centurions not coming back to kill them (which if the circle repeats itself could still happen) was about all they could have.
Old March 21 2009, 07:55 AM   #13
bryce
Commodore

Master of Tarquin Hill wrote: View Post
sidious618 wrote: View Post
Or, it clearly IS the message of the last episode.

I think this week's little animation at the end - "You damn hippies!" - kinda acnowledges that the producers were expecting the episode could be interpreted that way...to be a neo-Luddite "back to nature" polemic...
Old March 21 2009, 07:57 AM   #14
bryce
Commodore

USS Gettysburg wrote: View Post
^ Yea, I am saying what else could they do? They couldn't win against the centurions. So letting the free willed centurions go free was basically paying lip service to the fact that they couldn't stop them from leaving. Their faith in the centurions not coming back to kill them (which if the circle repeats itself could still happen) was about all they could have.

They could have kept their weapons & space-travel capacity...just in case...
Old March 21 2009, 07:59 AM   #15
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Shrug, I liked it, a lot. The majority of people liked it. nuBSG was a very good show, thank you Ron Moore for providing us the entertainment.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us