Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 21 2009, 05:32 AM   #1
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Of the "BIG" questions, how many were answered?

All Along the Watchtower..... no

Kara's ressurection and her connection to Watchtower, Hera, God etc.... no

The opera house..... sort of. The visions, yes, the opera house itself.... no.

The head characters......... no.

The hybrids and Anders and their mystical insights.... no.

How Tyrol gained 50 pounds from eating algae rations and working 16 hour shifts every day...... no.

I loved the finale, really, but I am somewhat miffed at the lack of explanation for so many key questions. I do appreciate the concept of leaving it up to the viewer, and I think concrete explanations for every detail would be 1) impossible and 2) a let down, but come on. A little more would have been nice.

Maybe in The Plan?
Old March 21 2009, 05:34 AM   #2
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Of the "BIG" questions, how many were answered?

Uh, we got a lot of answers to all of those questions.
Old March 21 2009, 05:35 AM   #3
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Really? Okay, what were they. Saying "God did it" isn't an answer, that's what we've already known all along.
Old March 21 2009, 05:37 AM   #4
nx1701g
Admiral

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
Um yes. It was the road map to Earth (the harmonics of the notes were the coordinates).

Kara's resurrection wasn't answered, but her connection to the Watchtower (and Hera's) were. Hera drew the way to Earth. Kara's father wrote the song lyrics and the course to Earth.

They were answered in the final scenes. They were God's angels.
Old March 21 2009, 05:38 AM   #5
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

The song is the muscial equilivant of the jump cords for earth

Her new body knew of the songs purpose as stated above. Hera is only as special as she is a blend of species and to an end for god to use. She has some connection to the god

The opera house..... sort of. The visions, yes, the opera house itself.... no.

I think we can call the Galactica the opera house.

They so much as tell us they are angels sent by god

The hybrids and Anders and their mystical insights.... no.

No real answer here, but they most likely have the same connection Hera does

How Tyrol gained 50 pounds from eating algae rations and working 16 hour shifts every day...... no.

Thats like how Hurley can get fatter on the island.

I loved the finale, really, but I am somewhat miffed at the lack of explanation for so many key questions. I do appreciate the concept of leaving it up to the viewer, and I think concrete explanations for every detail would be 1) impossible and 2) a let down, but come on. A little more would have been nice.

Maybe in The Plan?
bolded in topic
Old March 21 2009, 05:41 AM   #6
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Really? Okay, what were they. Saying "God did it" isn't an answer, that's what we've already known all along.
You have stated the EXACT problem with this show from the last 6 episodes.

Just one example:
Kara playing the piano = she's special. We've known that all along.

Well in the finale - we get a "kind of" definitive answer that head baltar and head six are some kind of agents of a "god", or "angels". We've known that all along.

They were either gonna find our earth in the past, present or future. We've known that all along.

You get my point. They can leave unanswered question, sure, but when the answers they DO give you, you have know for a long time, some even seasons long, that's very lame.

And when the one big answer they give you is "god did it" - YAWN.
Old March 21 2009, 05:41 AM   #7
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

We know god did it. But, we don't know WHY god did it. What the hell was the story with the Lords of Kobol and all that jazz. Is he the jealous 13th lord or what's the deal. Why are his angels such dicks? Is he trying to end the cycle or keep it going?
Old March 21 2009, 05:43 AM   #8
nx1701g
Admiral

^ We did see in the end coda that the angels were betting on if it would happen again.
Old March 21 2009, 05:43 AM   #9
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

The fact that God "doesn't like to be called that" leads me to think that he may not be so good.
Old March 21 2009, 05:44 AM   #10
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Also let me say this about the musical notes. Saying Hera drew them and Starbuck played them and they were the jump coordinates to Earth is not answering WHY. It is saying what they were.

The answer is, for some reason, God chose to do it this way.

Why? Who is this God and why is he planting little clues everywhere? The answer "God did it" really doesn't answer shit.
Old March 21 2009, 05:44 AM   #11
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

I'm also incredibly disappointed that all of these intricate plot details that RDM and the writers contrived didn't add up to a more interesting picture. I understand not every single question and every single detail needs to be explained, but I really think they dropped the ball on this a bit.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Old March 21 2009, 05:45 AM   #12
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Um yes. It was the road map to Earth (the harmonics of the notes were the coordinates).
Yes, that's not an EXPLANATION though, that's just another cool twist. HOW was it a road map? How is it possible? Why THAT song? Etc...

Kara's resurrection wasn't answered, but her connection to the Watchtower (and Hera's) were. Hera drew the way to Earth. Kara's father wrote the song lyrics and the course to Earth.
Same as above... you're saying things we knew already. HOW these things are connected and why, is the question, and that question was not answered beyond "it was god's plan".

I refer to the last line of my original post. Saying god did it is not an answer.

I mean, I guess the message here is really that there was an actual God behind all of this. That's sort of an answer, but since we have been told this all along, it's not anything knew, and it's also the easy way to explain everything.

I feel now I should reinforce my opinion that this was an excellent finale, and these complaints are really minor in the grand scheme of things, in my view.
Old March 21 2009, 05:48 AM   #13
nx1701g
Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Yes, that's not an EXPLANATION though, that's just another cool twist. HOW was it a road map? How is it possible? Why THAT song? Etc...

Same as above... you're saying things we knew already. HOW these things are connected and why, is the question, and that question was not answered beyond "it was god's plan".

I refer to the last line of my original post. Saying god did it is not an answer.

I mean, I guess the message here is really that there was an actual God behind all of this. That's sort of an answer, but since we have been told this all along, it's not anything knew, and it's also the easy way to explain everything.
You answered your own question then: God did it and you've known it from the beginning. Have a problem with it? Get over it.
Old March 21 2009, 05:48 AM   #14
steveman
Fleet Captain

Warp Coil wrote: View Post
I'm also incredibly disappointed that all of these intricate plot details that RDM and the writers contrived didn't add up to a more interesting picture. I understand not every single question and every single detail needs to be explained, but I really think they dropped the ball on this a bit.
Oh, man. Couldn't agree more. You just verbalized a formless thought that's been swimming around in my head since the finale ended.
Old March 21 2009, 05:49 AM   #15
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

"God is the answer" is only a way of saying that there is no answer.