Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 20 2009, 09:10 PM   #31
species5618
Commodore

Re: What do you plan to do for the final episode and Podcast?

I have around 10 people coming over for the finale. One of them is bringing a projector, so I spent a couple hours last night painting the wall the projector will be aimed at (mainly to get rid of little scuffs and marks). I then spent a couple hours today re-arranging the entire living room and surround sound system due to the new set-up. Now I have to go get some munchies and beer before my friend with the projector stops by. Oh and another friend is baking a cake with the corners cut off. Yes, we're all pathetic Battlestar geeks...

It should be a good night...
We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Colonel Saul Tigh
Old March 20 2009, 09:37 PM   #32
Neroon
Mod of balance

species5618 wrote: View Post
I have around 10 people coming over for the finale. One of them is bringing a projector, so I spent a couple hours last night painting the wall the projector will be aimed at (mainly to get rid of little scuffs and marks). I then spent a couple hours today re-arranging the entire living room and surround sound system due to the new set-up. Now I have to go get some munchies and beer before my friend with the projector stops by. Oh and another friend is baking a cake with the corners cut off. Yes, we're all pathetic Battlestar geeks...

You are a man (?) after my own heart! Going to such lengths to provide the right atmosphere for such a significant occasion. Now THAT's the way to enjoy a finale of this magnitude.
- Proverbs 12:20
Old March 20 2009, 10:43 PM   #33
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

species5618 wrote: View Post

If I was living in Toronto, could I come? Now that's a party.
Old March 20 2009, 11:31 PM   #34
species5618
Commodore

heh, I'm a guy, WhaddaMarroon, and yeah, no one else among my friends had the space or inclination (or cable hookup) to stage this, so I decided to step up.

Tomalak301
, if you can make it from California to Toronto before 9pm Eastern Time tonight, you're more than welcome to attend! Be quick about it though, seating is at a premium...
We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Colonel Saul Tigh
Old March 21 2009, 01:20 AM   #35
empty
Captain

3 friends, 1 fat blunt per person (at least) and 1 hd projector loaned from uni will make the haze of this night quite unforgettable.
Maybe I'll watch the episode beforehand though so as to not break down before them in tears ...
Old March 21 2009, 01:21 AM   #36
RoJoHen
Awesome

Well, I actually got off REALLY early, so I'm watching Part 1 right now.

However, my friends are going to see "I Love You, Man," at 9pm. I'm gonna go with them because friends always rank higher than TV. So I guess I'll have to catch Part 2 online.
Old March 21 2009, 01:35 AM   #37
WendellM
Commodore

I'm having some ramenghetti right now while rewatching "Part 1" on Sci Fi. Then I'll record Dollhouse while watching "Parts 2 & 3" and lurking in the Live Commentary thread during commercials as usual. Then I'll watch Dollhouse and afterward record "Parts 2 & 3" (probably while rewatching). It promises to be a very good night for SF.
Old March 21 2009, 04:50 AM   #38
steveman
Fleet Captain

Just sit back and listen to it (the final podcast) whenever it gets posted on iTunes, I suppose. I never listen to 'em in tandem with the episode. Tried it once. Just distracts me from what Moore is saying - which is really all I care about once I've seen the episode.

I've loved hearing his ramblings each week, though. I soak up everything he says like a sponge.
Old March 21 2009, 05:04 AM   #39
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Damn where's my podcast. Ron said it would be done "tomorrow" as of a few days ago. To me, BSG is not over until I've listened to the podcast.