Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 18 2009, 11:09 AM   #1
chrisspringob
Commodore

"Daybreak, Part 2" reviews (mild spoilers)

So, the finale has been screened for critics, but the critics aren't allowed to talk about it yet. But that won't necessarily stop them from giving non-review reviews.

Post any reviews you find in this thread, but please spoiler code any significant spoilage, if there is anything. Minor "spoilers", like whether the reviewer liked it, or thought it answered all the important questions, are OK. Like the following review:

http://www.allyourtv.com/index.php?o...reviewstvshows

As it turned out, I'm not sure I was actually supposed to be there. But regardless, I can't actually say much about what I saw. Signed paperwork and many promises prevent me from revealing any spoilers, and given the way the finale is structured, I'm not sure I can say much of anything without straying into spoiler territory. I can't even say much about the Q&A session that followed, since every question basically touched on some aspect of the finale that I can't discuss. There was some discussion about the decision to declare the show's end date after the third season. But most of what Ron Moore, David Eick, Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell discussed can't be revealed until after Friday.

So here's what I can say. I had previously seen parts of an early cut of the finale, and the extra time producers spent on the effects was well worth it. It's an amazing looking episode, with a couple of spectacular shots.

What fans want to know is if they'll be disappointed by the final answers. Is this final episode true to what has come before? Does is respect the fans and yet offer some staggering suprises?

The short answer is yes. It's an absolute kick-ass finale, and I can guarantee that when the final credits roll, you'll want to watch it again. I thought I had everything figured out, and yet there is at least one twist that seems to come out of nowhere. But thinking back over the previous episodes, I realize that the answers were there all along.

I can't wait to talk about the finale once it airs. In fact, I can't wait to see it again, because I still have so many questions about what I've seen.

It's a really, really strong finale and everyone involved with the show should be proud.
Old March 18 2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Brutal Strudel
Rear Admiral

Location: Here, frozen between time and place, not even the brightest lights escape...
Re: "Daybreak, Part 2" reviews (mild spoilers)

"I thought I had everything figured out, and yet there is at least one twist that seems to come out of nowhere. But thinking back over the previous episodes, I realize that the answers were there all along."

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

I.
Can't.
Wait.
Old March 18 2009, 11:39 AM   #3
USS KG5
Vice Admiral

Frak I'm excited about this!!!

Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Ahem..retains composure...

No, its gone again ... squeeeee!!!

Old March 18 2009, 11:44 AM   #4
chrisspringob
Commodore

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1004144.aspx

Q: Did anyone at TVGuide.com attend the Battlestar Galactica press screening on Monday night? If so, what's the frakkin' word? — Danny

A: I am in Florida, exploring an unfamiliar civilization of a different sort (the retirement community), so we sent TVGuide.com Nerd High Priestess Erin Fox. Once Doc Cottle revived her with smelling salts, she said this: "The first hour-and-a-half of the finale is so intense, you'll find it difficult to breathe. So many questions will be answered — including some you probably thought wouldn't be addressed due to time constraints. Also, if Mary McDonnell isn't recognized by the Emmys this year, it'll be a frakkin' shame. She had the crowd in tears more than once with her brilliant performance." Erin then hugged her Cylon toaster to her chest, placed a paper bag over her mouth and nose and breathed gently until it was safe to stand again.
Old March 18 2009, 12:49 PM   #5
CaptainHarlock
Lieutenant Commander

* Yeah. Answers! Thanks! :-)
Old March 18 2009, 02:08 PM   #6
scotthm
Rear Admiral

This has made me much more optimistic than that BSG 'special' that aired on Monday. Let's hope for the best.

---------------
Old March 18 2009, 02:22 PM   #7
billcosby
Commodore

Something about the final scene reportedly takes the air out of everyone's lungs.
It must imply an armeggedon of some kind.

Old March 18 2009, 02:27 PM   #8
The Stig
Rear Admiral

I can't believe it's two nights away.

I don't think I've been this invested in a series finale since "All Good Things..."

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
Old March 18 2009, 03:06 PM   #9
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
I can't believe it's two nights away.

I don't think I've been this invested in a series finale since "All Good Things..."
For me, it's the DS9 finale.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
Old March 18 2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Wow! I can't wait!!

Mr Awe
Old March 18 2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I hope, come 11PM Friday night, we're all posting how this is the most spectacular series finale we've ever seen.
My blog
Old March 18 2009, 04:05 PM   #12
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

This is FANTASTIC NEWS!
Old March 18 2009, 04:42 PM   #13
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Considering I just watched the Six Feet Under finale for the first time, and since then about a dozen more times, I have very high hopes. There is no way it will top that, I'm hoping for BSG to end after TNG, which is number two, but higher than West Wing which is 3.
Old March 18 2009, 04:49 PM   #14
ClayinCA
Commodore

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I hope, come 11PM Friday night, we're all posting how this is the most spectacular series finale we've ever seen.
I think that's putting waaaay too much pressure on it - I find that I usually get disappointed by things if my expectations are sky high. I'm certainly expecting this finale to be very, very good indeed, but best ever? I dunno.

(Besides, the best finale--ever--is the last episode of M*A*S*H, followed very closely by Newhart. )
Old March 18 2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Agreed on M*A*S*H being the best finale ever.

Here is hoping BSG can top it, though.

Of all the series finales I've seen, I think this one is the one I've most looked forward to.

Most finales, I'm so depressed about the show ending, I can't enjoy it much. Or it turns out bad, like Voyager and Enterprise -- though Voyager's was a good episode, just a horrible finale. With nBSG though, the hope of answers and resolution is so strong it's equaling out my sense of loss.