Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 21 2009, 04:56 AM   #166
Russ
Vice Admiral

View Russ's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Season 1 and 2 felt like they had a plan, felt like there was a preplanned end point and the show was tight and very few episodes really sucked
That's basically my feeling as well.

The mini and first season were great. Second season, as a whole, was mostly good, but that's where it started to fall apart for me.
Old March 21 2009, 04:57 AM   #167
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
I'd rather the show never had a mythology than to resolve it this way because in the end it was a bit of a mess or at least from just one viewing and a little reflection it is a mess. I'm not budging one bit about this. It might be argued that life isn't always forthcoming with answers to its mysteries...
I think that's a big part of it. We got something, but not everything.
Old March 21 2009, 04:57 AM   #168
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
I just thought of something, when us on this Earth starts exploring space with FTL drives and stuff, we are going to find the first Earth. I wonder if we will be able to piece together the past and what really happened, Kobol, Earth, the Cylons everything. Of course, we may never get to that point cause our robots we create will probably rebel and the cycle will start all over again.
And then John Connor will emerge to lead us to salvation.
Seriously, there is a lot of similarity between nuBSG and the Terminator universe, not to mention The Matrix as well
Yeah, human life versus synthetic life is a time-honored theme in science fiction. It's also the central story of the Mass Effect franchise.
Old March 21 2009, 04:58 AM   #169
Mr Light
Admiral

LOL, that reminds me. The new leaders and saviors of humanity... Romo and Hoshi?!?!?! Dude I laughed my ass off. Was Hoshi even on the show before Gaeta got his leg blown off? I could never bother to keep track of all the C-list characters. Like I had no idea who the girl in the Raptor that launched the nukes was.

Old March 21 2009, 04:59 AM   #170
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
LOL, that reminds me. The new leaders and saviors of humanity... Romo and Hoshi?!?!?! Dude I laughed my ass off. Was Hoshi even on the show before Gaeta got his leg blown off? I could never bother to keep track of all the C-list characters. Like I had no idea who the girl in the Raptor that launched the nukes was.
Dude, that was Racetrack.
Old March 21 2009, 04:59 AM   #171
steveman
Fleet Captain

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Haw....awww....shit. They should've ended this 50 minutes early with Galactica approaching Earth that part was great They could've left it ambiguous and I could accept it.
Oh? Like Voyager?

No. Thanks.
Old March 21 2009, 05:01 AM   #172
Harvey
Admiral

Hoshi was from the Pegasus. He's been on the show since that ship was introduced (and was also in Razor). But, yeah, it was funny. I'm sorry we didn't get one last scene with Romo before the end. We saw him from a distance, but no close up. Maybe on the DVD.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old March 21 2009, 05:01 AM   #173
nx1701g
Admiral

And then John Connor will emerge to lead us to salvation.
Seriously, there is a lot of similarity between nuBSG and the Terminator universe, not to mention The Matrix as well
Yeah, human life versus synthetic life is a time-honored theme in science fiction. It's also the central story of the Mass Effect franchise.
I just said that this morning to someone.

Three more episodes left of Terminator too.
Old March 21 2009, 05:02 AM   #174
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
""Also, and this is a biggie - WHO BUILT THE TEMPLE OF THE FIVE? Why was it built after the final five rolled through town?"" As I vaguely recall this was addressed in the Ellen/Cavil flashback episode. Cavil said she and the Final Five created the temple or altered it to be a road map to their Earth or something like that.
The thirteenth tribe built the place on there way to Earth (they called it the "Temple of Hopes").

More here.

Most of that can be found in "No Exit."
We know that the 13th tribe built it on the way to Earth the first time. We know that the final five visited it in retracing their steps to the colonies. What we don't know is who modified it to show the faces of the final five.

I guess the stock answer like with every other question from now on with this show will be "God did it."

Yawn.
Old March 21 2009, 05:04 AM   #175
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I do wonder what became of the Centurions after 150,000 years, yeesh, imagine how advanced they could be
You know, after being spoiled about the "150,000 years later" bit earlier, I started thinking... Hey, Ron Moore through in a little nod to the concept of Ancient Astronauts.
I expect that 150,000 years was chosen partly because it's well before any civilization we know of or written history of any kind...those indigenous humans are probably not even using speech at this point.

That "Ancient Astronauts" bullshit, OTOH, is all based on a few popular writers who made hay out of the notion that technologically advanced creatures have visited and interacted with humanity during historical and just-prehistoric times. The pyramids are nowhere near 150,000 years old, nor are any of the creation myths we know.

Moore said quite a while ago that the series would respect what we actually know about the history of life and humanity on this planet, and he was more or less true to that - the suggestion that some thousands of human beings from elsewhere might have entered the gene pool after humanity had evolved to almost modern status is, while dubious, a lot easier to swallow than the Von Daniken proposition.
Old March 21 2009, 05:04 AM   #176
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

So our Earth is their Earth but it's not the original Earth.

Lee's idea worked but there's no way I can see the humans of BSG accepting the "no technology" thing. They jump at mob rule the first chance they get. Does "no technology" include not using the remaining medicine too?
Old March 21 2009, 05:04 AM   #177
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
I'd rather the show never had a mythology than to resolve it this way because in the end it was a bit of a mess or at least from just one viewing and a little reflection it is a mess. I'm not budging one bit about this. It might be argued that life isn't always forthcoming with answers to its mysteries...
I think that's a big part of it. We got something, but not everything.
I'm ok with getting something and not getting everyting, but when what they give you is a blanket "God did it" that's just b o r i n g.
Old March 21 2009, 05:05 AM   #178
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

Seems like the "150,000 years later" bit is the most controversial part of the ep. It felt to me like belaboring the point. An uncharacteristic level of hand-holding for the audience members too dumb to "get it," or something.
Old March 21 2009, 05:05 AM   #179
nx1701g
Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
So our Earth is their Earth but it's not the original Earth.

Lee's idea worked but there's no way I can see the humans of BSG accepting the "no technology" thing. They jump at mob rule the first chance they get. Does "no technology" include not using the remaining medicine too?
Just look at New Caprica.
Old March 21 2009, 05:05 AM   #180
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Did they let the imprisoned people out before sending the ships into the sun?

Whatever happened to Boxey and the crew from the Equinox and the borg baby?

Does this mean LDS is the true religion?

Why would they want the Duke's son killed?