Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 27 38.57%
Above Average 32 45.71%
Average 11 15.71%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19 2009, 03:17 AM   #16
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Re: Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

Another episode and another Excellent. If Season 5 keeps this up, it'll be just as good as seasons 1 & 2.

I have to say that I really like the character of Sawyer this season. Before Season 5, I was indifferent about him and hoped that he'd get killed off because he didn't seem to add anything to the show except sex appeal for the women and nicknames for everyone else. But this season the writers have really saved his character and gave him more depth. When he dissed Jack, I was cheering Sawyer on, something I would never have done in the previous 4 seasons.

I do have one worry about this season that this episode does not ease and that is the dreaded love triangle. Kate and Sawyer better not "fall in love again". The same goes with Juliet and Jack. Jack should remain with Kate and Sawyer should remain with Juliet.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- Does Sayid know he's in 1977? If he doesn't, then he shouldn't know that the kid is a younger Ben.
Considering the Dharma Initiative is on the island and the kid named Ben bears a striking resemblance to Benjamin Linus, I'm sure Sayid knows he's in the past.
Old March 19 2009, 03:18 AM   #17
Mr Light
Admiral

Interesting. I did not notice an extra person in the background of the Pala Ferry building. Jacob?

I actually found Sawyer's hostility towards Jack a little strange. Wasn't he faithfully waiting for them all to return for three years? Hasn't he matured into a better leader and person now? Or was he only looking for Kate and Locke?

So at this point in Ben's timeline he's arrived at the Island and met Alpert after chasing his dead mother, and was told he could join the Natives but he has to be patient. So for Young Ben this is a rare chance to meet one of his otherworldly heroes in the flesh. So interesting that Sayid first meets Adult Ben when he's a captive, now Sayid first meets Young Ben when HE is the captive.

Old March 19 2009, 03:18 AM   #18
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Great episode...I love Sawyer in charge and of course all things Dharma.
Old March 19 2009, 03:19 AM   #19
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Where has Faraday gone to? Is he just working down in the Orchid?
Until we hear otherwise my theory is that he is off the island, via the sub. Perhaps he left, and told his Mother everything, and that is how she knows all the future events that will happen and how they have to happen, cause he tells her everything 30 years in the past. Just a theory, but even if that isn't the case, i still think Faraday is off the island at this point.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 19 2009, 03:24 AM   #20
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Where has Faraday gone to? Is he just working down in the Orchid?
Until we hear otherwise my theory is that he is off the island, via the sub. Perhaps he left, and told his Mother everything, and that is how she knows all the future events that will happen and how they have to happen, cause he tells her everything 30 years in the past. Just a theory, but even if that isn't the case, i still think Faraday is off the island at this point.
I'll buy that he left the island, but I don't think he's Ellie's source of info. She knows a bunch of stuff that Daniel had no way of knowing. If he's already gone then he should have no way of knowing how the O6 came back.

Ostensibly, he shouldn't know any details about Desmond's past life either. Then again, all bets are off where Des is concerned so there's some wiggle room there.
Old March 19 2009, 03:24 AM   #21
Mr Light
Admiral

I gotta say I'm getting a little sick and tired of Christian's appearances. I want to see Jacob. Plus sometimes they're a little superfluous. Was it really necessary for him to show up and say hey come in this cabin and look at this picture! Couldn't they have just investigated the cabin on their own? Not to mention we pretty much know that Christian is just like Locke... a normal guy who was resurrected by the Island and speaks for Jacob but isn't mystically knowledgeable himself.

Old March 19 2009, 03:25 AM   #22
Agent Richard07
Admiral

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
Does Sayid know he's in 1977? If he doesn't, then he shouldn't know that the kid is a younger Ben.
Considering the Dharma Initiative is on the island and the kid named Ben bears a striking resemblance to Benjamin Linus, I'm sure Sayid knows he's in the past.
The guy's sharp but is he sharp enough to figure... "Oh, I must be in 1977!"

As for Ben faking his arm injury, my first thought when he took off the sling was maybe the island healed him.
Old March 19 2009, 03:26 AM   #23
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I gotta say I'm getting a little sick and tired of Christian's appearances. I want to see Jacob. Plus sometimes they're a little superfluous. Was it really necessary for him to show up and say hey come in this cabin and look at this picture! Couldn't they have just investigated the cabin on their own? Not to mention we pretty much know that Christian is just like Locke... a normal guy who was resurrected by the Island and speaks for Jacob but isn't mystically knowledgeable himself.
Unless what we are seeing isn't christian, but actually jacob/the island, and it has chosen to take on the form of christian, and contains his memories, we really don't know the nature of what we are seeing.

Old March 19 2009, 03:27 AM   #24
Brent
Admiral

As for Ben faking his arm injury, my first thought when he took off the sling was maybe the island healed him.
But we've seen in the past how the island hasn't healed him, the back problem Jack had to fix for example. I like the idea that he was faking, that is Ben being Ben.

Old March 19 2009, 03:31 AM   #25
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

How'd he appear down by the donkey wheel? He definitely seems more than normal.
Old March 19 2009, 03:32 AM   #26
Agent Richard07
Admiral

But we've seen in the past how the island hasn't healed him, the back problem Jack had to fix for example. I like the idea that he was faking, that is Ben being Ben.
He was probably faking, it just wasn't my first thought.

As for the island not healing him in the past, that was then. Sure he's still Ben, but maybe something has changed and he's a "redeemed" man who can be healed. Who knows... He did come off as a better man, at least a little bit, at the end of last season.
Old March 19 2009, 03:32 AM   #27
Mr Light
Admiral

^^ Come to think of it that also took place decades/centuries in the past as well. So I guess there is some weirdness to him

Old March 19 2009, 03:34 AM   #28
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

He was probably faking, it just wasn't my first thought.

As for the island not healing him in the past, that was then. Sure he's still Ben, but maybe something has changed and he's a "redeemed" man who can be healed. Who knows... He did come off as a better man, at least a little bit, at the end of last season.
And then he killed Locke
Old March 19 2009, 03:36 AM   #29
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh yeah, when Ilana is coming to on the plane after the crash, did she say "Sarah..."? I didn't have my captions on then. If so, could this be Jack's ex-wife?

Old March 19 2009, 04:28 AM   #30
Agent Richard07
Admiral

By the way, this episode is exactly halfway through the season. There were eight episodes before this one, and there are eight episodes left.