Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 2 2009, 06:51 AM   #16
Autobot
Captain

Re: Comic Con 2009 sold out already!!!

Actually, Comic-Con is rather inexpensive for attendees. 4-day passes were only $75 and single day passes are in the $20-$35 range. This is very affordable -- I spent $45 for a one day pass to Star Wars Celebration IV a couple years ago, basic Botcon tickets are $15/day this year, and Dragon*Con is $75-$100 for 4 days depending on when you buy your membership. Also, Comic Con is run by a non-profit organization, so it's not about making money.
Old April 2 2009, 05:53 PM   #17
Dark Gilligan
Writer

^^ Still though, there LOTS of money to be made. San Diego's entire downtown area gears up for this every year. $$$$
Old April 3 2009, 04:00 AM   #18
miraclefan
Commodore

Dream wrote: View Post
miraclefan wrote: View Post
Ah..ComicCon is OVERhyped & OVERpriced!
If it was cheap they wouldn't make much money now would they?
Autobot wrote: View Post
Actually, Comic-Con is rather inexpensive for attendees. 4-day passes were only $75 and single day passes are in the $20-$35 range. This is very affordable -- I spent $45 for a one day pass to Star Wars Celebration IV a couple years ago, basic Botcon tickets are $15/day this year, and Dragon*Con is $75-$100 for 4 days depending on when you buy your membership. Also, Comic Con is run by a non-profit organization, so it's not about making money.
I meant the vendors selling there ''modern'' comics which would normaly sell for $5 they now sell it for $50!(not even rare or in demand issue's) or toys that are still at retail, and they (vendors) turn aroud and sell them 4 or 5 times higher then they would be! I know comic shops do the same, but at comic-con they turned it in to an art!

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!
miraclefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2009, 09:24 AM   #19
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Dream wrote: View Post
Ah..ComicCon is OVERhyped & OVERpriced!
If it was cheap they wouldn't make much money now would they?
Autobot wrote: View Post
I meant the vendors selling there ''modern'' comics which would normaly sell for $5 they now sell it for $50!(not even rare or in demand issue's) or toys that are still at retail, and they (vendors) turn aroud and sell them 4 or 5 times higher then they would be! I know comic shops do the same, but at comic-con they turned it in to an art!
That's why the internet was invented. Ye don't have to buy stuff at ComicCon, yanno.
Old April 3 2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Darth_Pinche
Captain

While there are over inflated prices, there are also some bargains. There is also competition among the vendors so if your are smart shopper you can get some deals. But I never think of Comic-con as a place to do a lot of shopping. The spectacle is the draw. That and the opportunity to just bump into famous writers, actors and directors, etc enjoys the show with you. I had a nice conversation with John Landis one year while we were in line buying pretzels.
Old April 4 2009, 12:47 AM   #21
Autobot
Captain

Ahhh I see. Comic Con never costs me much other than the passes, I go for the programming and the fun of being with like-minded people.
Old April 4 2009, 01:30 AM   #22
Lookingglassman
Admiral

I got a buddy who is a HUGE comic fan and he always goes and gets me free stuff.
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2009, 06:05 AM   #23
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

My biggest dilemma is whether to wear the same sombrero I wore last year, or go out and buy a new one. Decisions, decisions.