Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 19 2009, 06:35 AM   #31
What's his face
Rear Admiral

Re: Will Caprica be... you know, good?

cultcross wrote: View Post
One particularly interesting thing for me might be the opportunity to actually see a couple more of the 12 colonies - after all, in nuBSGs entire run we only ever saw Caprica. It would be nice to see what Saggiteron or Tauron is (was?) actually like.
For sure!
Old March 19 2009, 07:03 AM   #32
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I'm definitely interested in Caprica. I think it has a good chance of being creatively successful and not a bad chance of financial success - being on cable makes it a lower hurdle.

Oh, and it looks like Temis was right about Esai Morales. He feels like an Adama to me.
Based on his performance in Jericho, it was a slam dunk (and I'm reasonably sure that performance factored into his getting this gig - he was basically playing Jericho's version of Bill Adama.)
And if there is anything certain in this life...
the world needs more Bill Adama.
Old March 19 2009, 08:31 PM   #33
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

For the life of me, I don't understand why people aren't more encouraged about this. That clip from amazon looks very, very good. I like the two leads. It doesn't remind me at all of the 4400 or shows of that ilk. I like knowing that they're doomed, that this man Daniel is unknowingly leading humanity to disaster. Creepy is good.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old March 19 2009, 09:36 PM   #34
RoJoHen
Awesome

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
For the life of me, I don't understand why people aren't more encouraged about this. That clip from amazon looks very, very good. I like the two leads. It doesn't remind me at all of the 4400 or shows of that ilk. I like knowing that they're doomed, that this man Daniel is unknowingly leading humanity to disaster. Creepy is good.
The clip that I saw looked absolutely ridiculous and made me even less interested than I was before.
Old March 19 2009, 10:18 PM   #35
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I've no doubt that the pilot will be good. I'm worried that when Ron leaves and Jane takes over things will go downhill. I really hope I'm wrong, though.
Old March 19 2009, 11:18 PM   #36
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

For the life of me, I don't understand why people aren't more encouraged about this.
It's very different from the mainstream of sci fi now. And maybe folks are annoyed at the general lack of space-opera on TV. For a new BSG series to not be space opera leaves us with Stargate representing the genre, urk. I'm frustrated at this too.

But Caprica is (or I hope will be) also an underrepresented sub-genre of sci fi: a show that really delves into a serious issue of sci fi (AI) and uses that as its basis for stories, exploring how AI impacts the society and the people in the story.

Other than that, we have Lost, which is great but is largely a character drama where the sci fi elements are not the point of the show; Heroes, which is in the superhero genre and certainly does not take science seriously; and various other shows, none of which really make science fiction the core of their story. Plus all the cop shows with sf/f window dressing elements.