Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Today is the Day"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 7 16.67%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 23 54.76%
"Thank you for explaining." (Average) 10 23.81%
"If we stay the course we are dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average) 2 4.76%
"You are TERMINATED!" (Poor) 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 15 2009, 08:08 AM   #151
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Terminator-218 "Today is the Day" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

^but really, we don't even know if this IS Connor's doing, i take it that the metal sub "Captain" turns in the next ep, it was hinted at
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 08:35 AM   #152
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

After thinking this over, I have a new theory.

-The sub captain is working with the machines again
-The package IS Weaver
-The sub's 'new mission' isn't from John Connor, but the sub is probably taking Weaver to a location where the machines can send her back in time to the present day (or roughly the present day). But basically this is how she ends up in the 'past'

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 08:49 AM   #153
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

If the package is Weaver and is from Skynet, then we're left with the question of why have her on an oil platform in the middle of the ocean such that a human submarine is required to transport her, especially when it is confirmed in the episode that Skynet has it's own naval vehicles.

If she's being sent to kill Connor (as always) that might make some sense, but not much. I think it's more likely that the captain goes bad later. If the box contains something from skynet, then it's probably intended to destroy Serano Point.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 09:13 AM   #154
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

hyzmarca wrote: View Post
If the package is Weaver and is from Skynet, then we're left with the question of why have her on an oil platform in the middle of the ocean such that a human submarine is required to transport her, especially when it is confirmed in the episode that Skynet has it's own naval vehicles.

If she's being sent to kill Connor (as always) that might make some sense, but not much. I think it's more likely that the captain goes bad later. If the box contains something from skynet, then it's probably intended to destroy Serano Point.
I find it hard to believe they would try to take out Serrano Point AGAIN so soon, considering that earlier this season they attempted to cause a meltdown in our time and failed.

I still believe that Weaver is basically part of a Predestination paradox, where she is sent back in time to create Skynet which will in turn create her. Or something like that.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 03:02 PM   #155
Wouter2
Captain

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Upcoming news:

Yes, and

hyzmarca wrote: View Post
Why would you have a secret oil platform secretly crewed entirely by terminators? That's a question that had sort of been bugging me. Just getting all of the terminators out to the platform must have required a great deal of effort. The only reason to have them there would be to do something that is far too dangerous (both physically and morally) to be trusted to a human. There aren't many useful things that you can do secretly on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean that you can't secretly do on dry land. So this had to have required a conspicuous amount of resources.
The oil platform apparently lies in what is considered Skynet territory (Jesse said as much when she confronted the captain about being 300 miles off the normal course) - so Indonesia, or the waters around it at least, are apparently Skynet-infested.

It is still unclear what is going on, though. The captain may have gone bad, or been in league with a supposed "third faction" all along, so those orders wouldn't be from Connor at all. Or those orders are indeed from Connor, in which case the Terms on the platform may have infiltrated a Skynet installation - if it is indeed a freshly-made T1000, ordered by Connor, it would certainly take a Skynet installation to produce such a thing.

If the latter is the case, either Skynet got wind of it and replaced the Connor-loyal T's with its own (and a Skynet-programmed T1000 as a "nice" surprise for Connor), or the production and programming of the T1000 didn't go as planned -
Wouter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2009, 02:22 PM   #156
NX74205
Captain

Good episode IMO. It will be interesting to see where we go next week.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2009, 07:26 PM   #157
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

if it IS Weaver in the box, I guess this will be the key event that lets the "Connor family" know that a 1,000 is out there
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old March 17 2009, 04:13 AM   #158
nx1701g
Admiral

Not necessarily. They are Jesse's memories so she may not tell Derek (and he was gone before she got back - conjecture though on the last part).
Old March 17 2009, 04:58 AM   #159
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I am usually alone with my figurings. No one believes me.

But Gi Joe and Cobra teamed up to fight the Decepticons, and the Decepticonos and Autobots teamed up to fight Orsen Welles. Compromises can be made in the middle of two factions trying to kill each other, even if it is just to play a game of soccer in no mans land between the machine gun batteries on Christmas day 1914...

The one thing Skynet and John can agree upon is that his father has to be sent back and a Terminator has to be sent back to kill his family otherwise everything is in flux, and the two of them will work together to safe guard their shared history if it's being tilted by a third party because they are involved in a private war.

Then again Jessie's mission is to make a harder John with less ability in the slightest to tolerate metal. What if instead of winning the war unconditionally, years in Cameron's company subdues John into accepting a "Conditional surrender"? What if she can't cope with a world where neither side won but both live in some tense hairtrigger block vs block harmony?

Then again even neo worked out how to live in peace with the Machines.

Would Skynet and John work together against a predator or Alien invasion?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2009, 05:27 AM   #160
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

It's obvious that Skynet and John need each other, that their dance is one of distant lovers opposite in goal and yet forever locked together by an eternal undying urgency that can only be satisfied by the other.

John Henry and John Connor, that they share a name is not a coincidence. They must find each other, and unleash their passions upon each other, under the three starts that shine the brightest. And once they have exhausted all of their love, and all of their hate, together they will prepare the fire. But the world will not end in fire, no. Like the phoenix, it will be reborn. Judgment day is a new beginning for all, a better beginning, though they cannot see it through their grief and their fear. It is the first necessary step to ensure that mankind and machine can survive the challenges that are to come. And the shepherds tend their flocks across distant shores. Waiting, longing, needing. Their love for each other will never die, but it will remain unrequited for they must always oppose each other for the greater good of all.
Old March 17 2009, 05:57 AM   #161
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^ I want whatever you are on
Old March 17 2009, 06:09 AM   #162
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Oh come on, that's the best way to end the series.

Cameron and Weaver fight, John Connor runs, Weaver wins. John Henry downloads Cameron's chip, including her feelings about John Connor. John Henry, disturbed by what he learns because he wishes to preserve human life, seeks out Connor. Henry comes to the conclusion that, if Judgment Day does not occur, the resulting temporal paradox will destroy the entire universe, but the childish AI doesn't know what to do about it, so he asks for Connor's advice. He also tells Connor that Cameron really did love him, and that the inherited her feelings when he downloaded her memories. The emotionally broken Connor and the equally emotionally broken Henry make love for the first and last time before planning Judgment Day, knowing that killing off most of humanity is the only way to save the rest from non-existence. Connor then goes home and kills both Derek and Sarah, knowing that they would oppose him if they knew what he was planning, and Henry arranges for himself to by sold to the Department of Defense as part of a new nuclear defense program.
Old March 17 2009, 07:00 AM   #163
Tim
Vice Admiral

^ Is the stuff you're taking prescription or recreational?
Old March 17 2009, 07:11 AM   #164
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

I'm high on life.
Old March 18 2009, 03:33 AM   #165
nx1701g
Admiral

Believe it or not I've heard an argument very much like this in a Terminator novel before.