RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 682
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Today is the Day"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 7 16.67%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 23 54.76%
"Thank you for explaining." (Average) 10 23.81%
"If we stay the course we are dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average) 2 4.76%
"You are TERMINATED!" (Poor) 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14 2009, 09:48 PM   #136
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Terminator-218 "Today is the Day" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

^ I thought that it was somewhat perfectly placed (if not morbid). In a way he just heard Riley for the last time.

Though the creepy part to me was Cameron as Riley.

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2009, 09:54 PM   #137
Wouter2
Captain

I also though that was really creepy. John wanted her to convince Riley's foster dad she was still alive, but what was talking to John while still pretending to be Riley all about!??
Wouter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2009, 11:12 PM   #138
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Worst submarine set ever. Who built this Ed Wood? Other than that I really enjoyed the episode.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 12:40 AM   #139
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Great episode and a big improvement over the last few which have been very slow and all seem to be spinning wheels in Sarah's head for an hour.
Chess Piece Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 01:35 AM   #140
Tim
Vice Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I dunno, even 3.9 million has to be cancellation numbers... Even with the car product placements and movie promotions...
Fox has already said that they are also counting DVR and online viewing from Fox sponsored websites toward their numbers for this show. They said that the high rate of DVR and rewatching was what got it Season Two.

I'm not saying that it will be renewed, that's just something that has to be remembered.
Yeah, with the 3.9 million viewers plus DVR and online viewings, this episode could garner somewhere in the 5-5.5 million range total, which isn't so bad considering.

I also agree with nx that this show might be better suited to a cable network.

I'm hopeful but not overly so. The memories of what was done to Enterprise are a good cautionary tale.
Old March 15 2009, 03:09 AM   #141
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

that was the same 600 series as from the torture episode, is it an agent of John's, SKYnets, or an unseen 3rd faction?
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2009, 03:11 AM   #142
nx1701g
Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
that was the same 600 series as from the torture episode, is it an agent of John's, SKYnets, or an unseen 3rd faction?
There are multiple copies of each model. It could be the same or it could have been a different one.

Not Dead Yet.
Old March 15 2009, 03:18 AM   #143
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

it was wearing the same outfit and weapon rigs
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old March 15 2009, 03:20 AM   #144
nx1701g
Admiral

^ Again multiple copies (personally though I do believe that John was the one behind Derek's capture because the same Terminator captured him in Dungeons and Dragons and the same one reverted in the subbasement to be destroyed by Cameron).

In the story of the show though there has been time passage between the events of D&D and Today is the Day. Plus the T-600 in D&D had a distinctive yellowed skin and damaged skin. This one had neither. T-600 skin can't regenerate.

Not Dead Yet.
Old March 15 2009, 03:34 AM   #145
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

has there? I got the feeling that the flash foreward/backs from Today is the day happened BEFORE the ones in D&D
Old March 15 2009, 03:40 AM   #146
nx1701g
Admiral

^ No. Derek met Jesse following being trapped in the basement. In Alpine Fields he argued with General Perry about Kyle's mission again trying to find out more details. The Battle of Topanga Canyon (where Kyle went back in time) happened while Derek was being confined. Later in the episode Alpine Fields he met Jesse for the first time when she responded to a distress call from the same base Derek had been sent to investigate.

The first scenes of the episode were Derek with Jesse.

Not Dead Yet.
Old March 15 2009, 03:41 AM   #147
nx1701g
Admiral

Upcoming news:

Not Dead Yet.
Old March 15 2009, 03:50 AM   #148
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

oh ok, as mentioned before, I missed a few eps
Old March 15 2009, 05:36 AM   #149
nx1701g
Admiral

^ Ah sorry didn't know.

Not Dead Yet.
Old March 15 2009, 06:55 AM   #150
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Why would you have a secret oil platform secretly crewed entirely by terminators? That's a question that had sort of been bugging me. Just getting all of the terminators out to the platform must have required a great deal of effort. The only reason to have them there would be to do something that is far too dangerous (both physically and morally) to be trusted to a human. There aren't many useful things that you can do secretly on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean that you can't secretly do on dry land. So this had to have required a conspicuous amount of resources.

My thought, whatever is in that box wasn't captured, it was made. It was probably manufactured, to Connor's specification, on that oil rig. Whatever it is was so dangerous that Connor couldn't risk letting it on land before it was finished and tested and it was so outrageous that any human would go apeshit upon learning of it's very existence.

Now, it would probably be safer to have terminators manufacturing man-portable nuclear weapons, due to the inherent radiation risk in handling weapons grade fissile materials, and it would certainly freak people out to know that Connor was using machines to build nukes, this is unlikely. The effort required to set up an oil rig nuclear weapons plant would just as easily have produced a ground based plant with the proper safety precautions to have human labors do all the work.

That really leavea just a 1000 series terminator. Making one from scratch would be the best way to work around the inherent difficulties in reprogramming one, and the fact that they're very nearly uncontrollable and very nearly impossible to kill is sufficient to pique the concern of any human who knew about it.

But it really could be anything fitting those two criteria.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote