New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 13 2009, 03:47 AM   #31
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: Hayden & Milo split, cause trouble on Heroes set

Rat Boy wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Isn't Peter the de facto main character? This would be like the kicker saying Peyton Manning made a pass at his girlfriend so the Colts need to get rid of him.
Tony Romo would be a better analogy, I think.
So if Milo is Tony Romo, should they treat Hayden like T.O.?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 03:51 AM   #32
Jen
Vice Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
She ought to hook up with Zachary Quinto now just for humor sake.
Um. I'm kinda new to the Heroes world, but I just assumed that Zachary Quinto was gay.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:02 AM   #33
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Um. I'm kinda new to the Heroes world, but I just assumed that Zachary Quinto was gay.
He is.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:03 AM   #34
Jen
Vice Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
He is.

For a moment there, I thought my gaydar had broken.

Carry on.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:08 AM   #35
Jax
Admiral

Kill off claire, making up plots for the sake of giving her something to do is harming the show and if any actor or actress tried to get someone else fired, I would fore them on the spot...SPOILT BITCH
Old March 13 2009, 04:20 AM   #36
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Norrin Radd wrote: View Post
12 year gap?

That's just fuckin' creepy.
Oh please. Out in the real world there are lots of relationships between people that have a much greater age differential. Besides, some mature faster than others. Newsflash... Once you get out of College nobody *cares* about your age. Not in the "omigosh he/she is dating a senior" way at least.

Is it eyebrow-raising if one is perhaps less than 20? Sure... But they are both adults. It ain't that "f'n creepy". It's just life.
Hyperspace05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:26 AM   #37
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

She sounds like a complete nitwit of a moron.

And yes, regardless of the circumstances of the breakup, she's the nitwit not Milo, since she's trying to get him kicked off the show.
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:27 AM   #38
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Sadly, being a dick is making press. Making press puts bums on seats.

They want bums on seats.

The prima donna will save the show easier than the level headed old man trying to keep everything calm and pleasant.

Veronica Mars sleeping with her brother was the most awesome awesome thing ever, Nip Tuck's dip into incest was not exactly grand but the faux wannabe incest raging on in Reaper right now is hilarious.Back peddling on Sylars lineage was pathetically weak of the writing staff that they can't steer the course of their own decisions but if they keep doing that again just so a couple characters can make hay?

Surely, they'd save money if they forced one of them to quit: Every scene together half naked and sweaty.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; March 13 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:37 AM   #39
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Is it eyebrow-raising if one is perhaps less than 20? Sure... But they are both adults. It ain't that "f'n creepy". It's just life.
She was 17 when he started "dating" her. That is creepy. Dude will be 32 in July. She'll be 20 in August. They've been going out over a year and a half. Do the math.

Teenaged girls get so cranky when you sleep with them and then break up with them. At least don't sleep with a teenager who's also a coworker. Words to the wise. Date one of those wrinkled 21 or 22 year olds.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 04:44 AM   #40
Kryton
Admiral

I thought this was ancient history like, a couple of weeks ago by the time I'd heard it.

I'm a little surprised it's just getting out around here! Hayden went off the handle at some paparazzi the other day about something to do with her new boyfriend.

Saw the info at work...I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:00 AM   #41
DeadmeatDiggory
Commander

I remember after season one the creator of the show made allusions to season two starring a completly new cast and I (and I'm sure quite a few other people) was like "No way, man, you can't do that!"... but after the season two and three we got, it mightn't have been a bad idea.

Hell, let's face it, shouldn't Hiro be on the path to be the Future-Hiro we saw (even with the timeline changes)?

Hell, Heroes is one of two shows I wouldn't mind being canceled; the other being Smallville (you all know that's the only way we'll see Clark fly). But I digress, how about those smurfs?
DeadmeatDiggory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:10 AM   #42
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

You know, a lot more people know who Hayden is than Milo. She's far better publicity for the show than he is, which is probably their major concern.

And of course many people date across age gaps of a decade or more without any more or less difficulty than folks closer in age.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:41 AM   #43
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
Norrin Radd wrote: View Post
12 year gap?

That's just fuckin' creepy.
I had a high school teacher who's wife was about 10 years younger them him. In fact he actually had her in class before they got married.
Bah, that's nothing. My dad was my mom's teacher... and he's almost 15 years older than her. I imagine quite a few eyebrows were raised at that one.

Anyway, as Kryton said, their split is old news -- I heard about it weeks ago. I wondered if it would affect the show at all. I wonder if anything like what happened with Alias will occur here (Michael Vartan stopped being a regular shortly after breaking up with Jennifer Garner... actually, there was some speculation that Ben Affleck wanted him off the show, IIRC. But that's probably not too relevant to this situation).

And Dennis is right -- Hayden is probably the more recognizable star of the two, at least to the general public. Plus, the target audience is probably males aged 18-35... and which of the two do you think that group is more likely to be interested in, at least on a superficial level?

Who knows? If one of them has to go, it may end up being Milo, even if his character is (marginally) more interesting than Hayden's. I say marginally because neither of them are terribly interesting right now, but that's sadly symptomatic of the show as a whole (although the last episode showed some minor improvement, IMO... and hopefully, with Fuller back on board, there's more of that to come).
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:51 AM   #44
Aragorn
Admiral

I don't see why they can't both be on the show. Heroes has already done a really good job of keeping characters apart so they can do nothing in their own separate nothing storylines.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:58 AM   #45
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Actually, I don't see any problem with co-workers dating each other as long as they remain professional. Two of my former co-workers (who retired last year) met on the job, fell in love, and got married. One was formerly divorced, and the other was a widow, and they both had their own kids from previous marriages.

Age difference is a non-issue, too, as long as both parties are mature (physically, emotionally, and mentally).