RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,722
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 767
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 28 2009, 05:14 AM   #1
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Having Sex With Your Children (Spoilers up to the latest)

I find it strange the final 5 are falling in love with their creations. Sure, at the time they didn't know what they were. Tigh, Six, The Chief, Eight, fun times.

Ok, they aren't really related as far as we know, but they created them, and are makin happy fun times with em. Maybe it is more accurate to say sex bots? They made sex toys.

I dunno, what do you all think about the Final 5 falling in love/making babies with their creations?

Surely this isn't what they built them for?

I find it odd Ellen is OK with it all to be honest.

If they had known a Final 5 and a "cylon" could mate and make children, why not try it sooner?

Strange to think about, what does it all mean in the grand scheme?

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 28 2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Having Sex With Your Children (Spoilers up to the latest)

Don't forget Ellen frakking Cavil, although she didn't know she was a Cylon at the time, but Cavil did!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 28 2009, 05:23 AM   #3
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Incest, especially of the parent/child variety, is richly symbolic. In addition to the implied perversion of nature--which is important, since the Cylons themselves are "perversions" of humanity--it also represents a cycle, and this show's mythology is nothing if not cyclical.

Pretty clever layering on the part of the writers, I think.
My blog
Old February 28 2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I wonder if Woody Allen watches this show...

Old February 28 2009, 09:34 AM   #5
billcosby
Commodore

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Incest, especially of the parent/child variety, is richly symbolic. In addition to the implied perversion of nature--which is important, since the Cylons themselves are "perversions" of humanity--it also represents a cycle, and this show's mythology is nothing if not cyclical.

Pretty clever layering on the part of the writers, I think.
What he said. Plus one.

Old February 28 2009, 03:54 PM   #6
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Ellen was hurt that Sol found comfort with another...I think she said that to be hurtful. Besides Tigh doesn't know the full story like Ellen does.

We all saw him very early seduced by a projected image of Ellen. Pretty sure that happened when Adama sent him to question the six how the fleet was being tracked.
Old March 1 2009, 03:49 AM   #7
empty
Captain

I have a bad feeling that Kara and Baltar will also turn out to be somehow related, since they both seem to be special and both have head beings.

OTOH, they didn't really go all the way...
Old March 1 2009, 04:03 AM   #8
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Having Baltar and Kara related somehow would fit with the creep factor considering they've frakked.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old March 1 2009, 04:39 AM   #9
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

It is fairly common for Gods and Royalty to engage in incest. It's one of the things that they can do because they're above lowly mortals.

Incidentally, the thing that makes having sex with your relatives feel icky is called the Westermark Effect, and it only occurs in cases of close contact during the first few year of life. Where the Westermark effect is lacking, due to seperation during the formative year, a phenomenon called Genetic Sexual Attraction is fairly common.

Essentially, people who are similar to you are more attractive to you, this is a trait which helps preserve useful genes and prevent outbreeding depression in large genetically diverse populations. It's supposed to be balanced out by the fact that the people you lived with when you were a kid aren't attractive to you. When kids are adopted or are otherwise separated from their immediate biological relatives as babies and then meet those relatives to adults, there is a tendency for siblings to be strongly attracted to each other, and for parent and offspring to be strongly attracted to each other.

Assuming that the genetic templates of the Seven are based on those of the Five and not manufactured out of whole cloth, their attraction to one another makes sense in this context.
Old March 1 2009, 06:00 AM   #10
DeadmeatDiggory
Commander

If you created Six, wouldn't you do her? Mmmm?
Old March 1 2009, 07:55 AM   #11
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

If Tricia Helfer was my daughter I'd fuck her.
Old March 1 2009, 08:13 AM   #12
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Not my type, really. Now, a lady Centurion, that I could go for. Chrome is sexy.
Old March 1 2009, 10:37 AM   #13
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
If Tricia Helfer was my daughter I'd fuck her.
Old March 1 2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

^

How about sex with your grandchildren, in the case of Starbuck and Anders, seeing as Daniel is likely going to become her father?
Old March 1 2009, 05:49 PM   #15
Lookingglassman
Admiral

I wish I could make a hot Cylon chick!