TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 9 2009, 04:16 PM   #31
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: Predictions and Speculation for Daybreak (speculation ONLY!)

Do we have any idea how many Cavils actually exist - and if they do, how many are as nutty as Cavil Prime?

Doubtless they all share his general demeanor, but only one of them set this whacky Galactic Revenge plot in motion.

What will really happen at the end?

Okay, the Galactica is gone - that's obvious.

Will they stumble over some new habitable world in a deus ex machina fashion? Very unlikely. So after defanging the Cavil threat at least to a degree that they feel they can take a chance on (nothing ever being cut-and-dried or safe in their world) the surviving humans and some Cylons will probably decide to settle a habitable world they already know about. What are the possibilities?

Of course, I suppose Hera may draw them a map to an entirely new world.

Last edited by Admiral Buzzkill; March 9 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old March 9 2009, 04:42 PM   #32
kdalton_69
Commander

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I predict a happy ending of some sort.
Have you actually watched the show?
Old March 9 2009, 05:38 PM   #33
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Special Guest Star Bob Dylan appears in the final moments as the One True God.
Old March 9 2009, 05:55 PM   #34
Agent Richard07
Retired

kdalton_69 wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I predict a happy ending of some sort.
Have you actually watched the show?
Yes, and I'm standing by my prediction for now. I have something else to add, but I'll probably wait until the finale has aired.
Old March 9 2009, 06:57 PM   #35
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I think the series will have a surprisingly positive ending. I don't think everything will be sunshine and roses but not everyone will die, Cylon and Man will co-exist.

Ron Moore loves to throw curveballs at the audience and most people expect a downer ending so... that's not what we'll get, not entirely.
Old March 9 2009, 07:07 PM   #36
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I think the series will have a surprisingly positive ending. I don't think everything will be sunshine and roses but not everyone will die, Cylon and Man will co-exist.
I think you're in the ballpark there, yeah.
Old March 9 2009, 07:36 PM   #37
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

Sam will sacrifice himself to 'resurrect' Galactica.
Old March 9 2009, 08:09 PM   #38
Agent Richard07
Retired

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
Sam will sacrifice himself to 'resurrect' Galactica.
I first read that as... "Sam will sacrifice himself to 'resurrect' Gaeta."
Old March 9 2009, 08:29 PM   #39
Irvy
Commander

Didn't Cavil tell Hera he was going to give her lots of play mates? I reckon Cavil's going to rob Hera of her special-ness by creating a line of Hera's.
Old March 9 2009, 08:43 PM   #40
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
So after defanging the Cavil threat at least to a degree that they feel they can take a chance on (nothing ever being cut-and-dried or safe in their world) the surviving humans and some Cylons will probably decide to settle a habitable world they already know about. What are the possibilities?
Kobol?
Old March 9 2009, 08:46 PM   #41
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

That seems possible. What about New Caprica?

It's not like they're going to be offered a menu of choices based on what's appetizing, after all.

Oh - it's a pretty sure bet that Sam is going to "jump" Galactica and nearly tear it apart, right? They set that one up too heavily to leave it alone.
Old March 9 2009, 08:48 PM   #42
Tom
Rear Admiral

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
I'm unclear on how people think that Cavil is going to "die" when there are thousands of copies of him on various baseships across the Galaxy. Only way it can happen if there's some broadbased insurrection against him among the other Cylons.....which is actually a fairly likely possibility. I think the Centurions might turn on the skinjobs or something, and the cycle of robotic rebellion continues. If that doesn't happen, then Cavil will live.
Well, Cavil is clearly lieing to the Dorals and Simons about the Final 5 and the possible death of #7, once they realize this, Cavils whole line will be boxed just as Deanna was, but since they can't ressurect there is no boxing and his line will die instead. Boomer will likely turn on Cavil Prime in someway and Athena will kill Boomer (there is to much of a setup for this not to happen) . Like in Exodus with Pegasus they will probaby have the baseship watch over the fleet, but withh the baseship still get in the fight later?

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Old March 9 2009, 09:16 PM   #43
chrisspringob
Commodore

Hermiod wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
I'm unclear on how people think that Cavil is going to "die" when there are thousands of copies of him on various baseships across the Galaxy. Only way it can happen if there's some broadbased insurrection against him among the other Cylons.....which is actually a fairly likely possibility. I think the Centurions might turn on the skinjobs or something, and the cycle of robotic rebellion continues. If that doesn't happen, then Cavil will live.
The Cavil we're talking about is John, the first Cavil, the first Human-Form Cylon created by the Final Five.
I assumed that all the Cavils were in on the plot to hide the Final Five, and all that other business. (How the frak could he pull all that off if it was just one of them?) I didn't even really think about the fact that only one of the Cavil's might be considered "John". I had imagined that the Final Five created multiple copies of Cavil from the get-go, and they were all responsible for hiding the Final Five and setting everything in motion, and that there was no one "John" in charge of everything. Maybe that's not correct though?
Old March 9 2009, 10:09 PM   #44
Booked_moss
Lieutenant Junior Grade

They jump back to Caprica.

Calvils fleet surrounds the fleet. Adama picks up com. All radio channels full of laughter.

Tigh is laughing and cannot stop. 100s of ships jump into the area Citys appear on the planet.

Tigh says "Bill, you have no idea how long it took me to set up this decommissioning prank".
Old March 9 2009, 11:09 PM   #45
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

Booked_moss wrote: View Post
They jump back to Caprica.

Calvils fleet surrounds the fleet. Adama picks up com. All radio channels full of laughter.

Tigh is laughing and cannot stop. 100s of ships jump into the area Citys appear on the planet.

Tigh says "Bill, you have no idea how long it took me to set up this decommissioning prank".
That would be

AWESOME.