TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Ourselves Alone"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 12 25.53%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 21 44.68%
"Thank you for explaining" (Average) 11 23.40%
"I don't know if we can win this war." (Below Average) 2 4.26%
"You are terminated." (Poor) 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8 2009, 09:27 PM   #91
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Re: Terminator-217 "Ourselves Alone" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Social Worker: Have you ever carried a weapon outside of the house?
<snip>
SW: I did a little search and couldn't find a concealed weapons permit in your name.
John: Check the state of New Mexico.
Old March 8 2009, 10:33 PM   #92
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

my money is on Jesse having a chip in her head
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2009, 01:04 AM   #93
Wouter2
Captain

I don't think so. Jesse is, I think, who she says she is: a resistance member who isn't that fond of John Connor (or at least his recent reprogramming policies) anymore, and who is dead set against metal in any form.
Wouter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2009, 03:14 AM   #94
nx1701g
Admiral

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
I don't think so. Jesse is, I think, who she says she is: a resistance member who isn't that fond of John Connor (or at least his recent reprogramming policies) anymore, and who is dead set against metal in any form.
Old March 9 2009, 05:04 AM   #95
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

I disagree, how do you think she got back in time in the first place? John only had the one time machine, and I doubt he'd send anyone back he didn't trust in any paralelle timeline
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old March 9 2009, 05:11 AM   #96
Ryan8bit
Commodore

nx1701g wrote: View Post
No. Jesse is without a doubt neither of those. People always theorize about her wanting to kill John, but I think that if she wanted that it would've already happened.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2009, 05:26 AM   #97
Tim
Vice Admiral

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post
No. Jesse is without a doubt neither of those. People always theorize about her wanting to kill John, but I think that if she wanted that it would've already happened.
I think Jesse's mission has always been to turn John against the machines, starting with Cameron. What better way than to get John to love Riley and then either drive Cameron to kill Riley or off Riley herself and let Cam take the fall? It all seems consistent to me.
Old March 9 2009, 05:28 AM   #98
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
I disagree, how do you think she got back in time in the first place? John only had the one time machine, and I doubt he'd send anyone back he didn't trust in any paralelle timeline
Have you even been watching this show? Future scenes showed that Jesse picked Riley from one of the resistance hideouts. If she was an terminator sent by Skynet, it's unlikely that she would've infiltrated the base, taken Riley back to Skynet, and then time traveled. I realize her being friends with one of the TDE technicians and secretly using the TDE does sound implausible, but it's just the lack of thought put into things by the writers, not proof that she's a terminator.

Plus, there's no way that Riley choking Jesse would've affected her at all, and if Jesse were a terminator, the fight would've been over in two seconds.

I'll never get why people have this strange desire to think everyone is a terminator, especially on a show that is so largely transparent about the behavior of terminators.
Old March 9 2009, 05:43 AM   #99
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
Have you even been watching this show? Future scenes showed that Jesse picked Riley from one of the resistance hideouts. If she was an terminator sent by Skynet, it's unlikely that she would've infiltrated the base, taken Riley back to Skynet, and then time traveled. I realize her being friends with one of the TDE technicians and secretly using the TDE does sound implausible, but it's just the lack of thought put into things by the writers, not proof that she's a terminator.

Plus, there's no way that Riley choking Jesse would've affected her at all, and if Jesse were a terminator, the fight would've been over in two seconds.

I'll never get why people have this strange desire to think everyone is a terminator, especially on a show that is so largely transparent about the behavior of terminators.
yes, actually, I did miss a good chunk of this season due to a move and Dish being douches, and I never said she was metal, just that she was under SKYnet control
Old March 9 2009, 07:25 AM   #100
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Ok, but even having a chip in her head just really seems beyond what's going on here. Jesse's reasoning and actions don't seem far-fetched enough to think that she has a chip in her head from Skynet. Since Skynet's mission has always been one of killing John, Jesse could have done that at any time. Or Riley could have done it for her. It's pretty clear that she is just psychologically manipulating people to try and make John less sympathetic to the machines. That way not as many of her friends and comrades would have died when a terminator malfunctioned. It seems like a pretty strange reason to travel through time for, but the writers don't really dwell on that kind of thing.
Old March 9 2009, 07:44 AM   #101
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

If Jesse has a chip anywhere, it's in her lips.

Have you seen those things? They're huge!
Old March 9 2009, 07:54 AM   #102
Ryan8bit
Commodore

The obvious joke was that the chip is on her shoulder.

Tsk tsk.
Old March 9 2009, 07:57 AM   #103
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

The obvious joke was that the chip is on her shoulder.

Tsk tsk.
I don't do obvious.
Old March 9 2009, 09:32 AM   #104
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Ok, but even having a chip in her head just really seems beyond what's going on here. Jesse's reasoning and actions don't seem far-fetched enough to think that she has a chip in her head from Skynet. Since Skynet's mission has always been one of killing John, Jesse could have done that at any time. Or Riley could have done it for her. It's pretty clear that she is just psychologically manipulating people to try and make John less sympathetic to the machines. That way not as many of her friends and comrades would have died when a terminator malfunctioned. It seems like a pretty strange reason to travel through time for, but the writers don't really dwell on that kind of thing.

Perhaps SKYnet is trying something...different? by making John not trust that the machines are reliable when reprogramed his forces in the future are weakened, or perhaps SKYnet is targeting his protector, because Cameron helps him from the beginning of the war, I think her importance to the story is alot more than what has been revealed
Old March 9 2009, 10:19 PM   #105
nx1701g
Admiral

We'll find out in a few days what it is. It could be what you said, it could be that she's been Skynet implanted, all kinds of possibilities are out there.