The Next Generation Shower Curtain
By: T'Bonz on May 1

Burton Part of Roots Reboot
By: T'Bonz on May 1

May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old March 5 2009, 11:58 PM   #16
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: NBC plans to bring Heroes back for a fourth season

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Season four's issue will be about a villain who has made all the clothes in the world disappear, and Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere will be the main leads.
What, "Shave the cheerleader, save the world" again?
Old March 6 2009, 12:03 AM   #17
Mistral
Vice Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Season four's issue will be about a villain who has made all the clothes in the world disappear, and Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere will be the main leads.
What, "Shave the cheerleader, save the world" again?
^

You trying to get me busted at work? I laughed my ass off!

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 12:05 AM   #18
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

It would be interesting if instead of neatly warping up the Fugitives arc they have things descend into a full-on race war, with the protagonist's focus shifting from avoiding capture to overthrowing the government and installing a super-powered aristocracy in it's place.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 12:08 AM   #19
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
They can bring it back, but I won't be watching. The decline in quality on Heroes is unlike anything I've ever seen before on television - after a nearly perfect first season, the show has descended into utter crap. And even worse, boring crap.

Never seen Seaquest?
Now, now ... The second season was nowhere near the crapfest it descended to in the third season.
Actually, I think the 3rd season was better than the second. The second season with the giant crocodiles, man eating plants and the Greek god Neptune was the crapfest.
Old March 6 2009, 12:10 AM   #20
Dream
Admiral

That's great. I still enjoy watching the show.

Don't care if it pisses off the Heroes haters.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 12:10 AM   #21
nx1701g
Admiral

What's funny is that Greg Grunberg (whatever his name is) said at WonderCon that they were cancelled.
Old March 6 2009, 12:11 AM   #22
RoJoHen
Awesome

Dream wrote: View Post

I don't think anyone cares enough anymore to be a "hater."
Old March 6 2009, 12:29 AM   #23
Norrin Radd
Vice Admiral

I think this show would have been cancelled if NBC wasn't in such dire straits right now. It's amost all they got.
Norrin Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 12:35 AM   #24
Shurik
Fleet Captain

The last Heroes episode I saw was 3.10, or rather first 5 minutes of it. Never bothered to finish ... It's not even hilarious-bad, it's just bad and boring ...
Old March 6 2009, 12:37 AM   #25
Barbados Slim
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post

I don't think anyone cares enough anymore to be a "hater."
Or cares enough to be pissed off that people watch it.
Barbados Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 12:55 AM   #26
Norrin Radd
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I don't really hate it.

I almost feel sorry for it.

It had good potential, even if it did feel like an X-Men ripoff.
Norrin Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 01:22 AM   #27
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

My husband LOVES this show with a passion, and I did too---at first.

Now, frankly, I find the motivation of the characters simply baffling. Very few of their actions ring "true" anymore. I wouldn't say it's utter crap ( I used to watch "V", for ffs ), but it's simply mediocre---pedestrian. Aside from the plots involving super-powers, it's really nothing special or different, or even interesting. I'm completely ambivalent, whereas in season 1, I was a passionate fan.

I'll probably watch it, simply because my husband does, but I can't say I really care one way or the other about whether it continues or simply ends here and now.

There's the old saying, "If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage." Well, it's certainly not on the page anymore for "Heroes."
Old March 6 2009, 01:23 AM   #28
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

If I watch a show, by definition I don't hate it. That would be pretty warped. Or evidence of way too much time on one's hand. This show has the strongest premise of anything on TV, which is why I stuck with it past its sale date. If I find out next season after I stop watching that it made a turn around and was top shelf, I would gladly watch it later on DVD. But I can't see that happening.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2009, 01:35 AM   #29
Thrall
Commodore

The thing is, I'll actually defend some of the stuff in the second season. I liked the Hiro/Adam arc. I'm one of the few people who like Matt and thought his stuff with his dad was good. Learning about the company was cool. But Peter's arc was derivative of his first arc and made him look like a total tool. Whinny Claire and her obnoxious stalker boyfriend killed any good will I had for the character. Niki and Micah, again, had no reason to be there and added nothing. Her husband had potential but they got rid of him in the most unflattering of ways. Pretty much everyone but Hiro and Matt were stupid and toolish. And Sylar, yet again, goes on an incognito road trip with bad intentions(just like he's done yet again this season). Granted, they had to change some stuff because of the writers strike, I understand that. But even then their characterization was appaling.

But this season? Wow was it bad. I know it has its fans, but there's just so much random crap they're throwing at us without any sense of a story, it's impossible to get into. They're just hoping something will stick but without a narrative nothing is going to. Important plots and themes from previous seasons are dropped and completely undercut. Big reveals that made no sense. And the characters getting dumber by the minute. Ugh. I couldn't take it and quit after a few episodes. And from what I hear, it only got worse.

Personally I think they should have just written off or killed all the characters after the first season except for Hiro and Sylar. Half the fun of the first season was examining and learning about the characters. When there was nothing more to learn, and we knew everything about them, there was really no where to go but downhill. The writers are good at introducing characters, but they suck at evolving them. This is proven. Hiro's journey to be a great hero is still a compelling idea though, no matter how messed up it has become this season.

Sylar should have been used sparringly. The reason Magneto is popular is because his return is always an event. So you know shit is going to hit the fan when he shows up. Sylar got overexposed and people got bored with him.

If Heroes gets another season and Chuck doesn't, I'll be so pissed off I probably won't watch NBC for a while.
Old March 6 2009, 04:23 AM   #30
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Yeah I figured. NBC is doing so horribly that comparatively speaking, Heroes isn't doing too shabby.

I'm glad Bryan Fuller will have a full season to get things back on track. It would suck if he came back, turned things around, and three episodes later the show gets canned.

But they wouldn't have bothered bringing Fuller back if they weren't planning for an S4. And Fuller wouldn't have agreed unless he were promised an S4. Another reason this comes as no surprise.

I still love the characters and the premise. That's enough to get me through the atrocious writing - for now.
The network has privately discussed setting a series end date for "Heroes," which would followed the creative model used with critical success by ABC's "Lost," Sci Fi's "Battlestar Galactica" and FX's "The Shield." But even if NBC ever made such a move, Bromstad said, they wouldn't want to make next season the conclusion.
Unlike BSG and Lost, which are stories that have a conclusion inherent in the premise, Heroes is one of the few premises that really could go on forever. It's like Star Trek - an unresolvable situation rather than a problem to be resolved. And if Fuller goes his job right, it might even deserve to go on forever.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote