Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 49 56.98%
Above Average 28 32.56%
Average 7 8.14%
Below Average 1 1.16%
Poor 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5 2009, 04:31 AM   #31
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Come to think of it, I'm sorely disappointed we didn't get to see Chang in this episode. And shouldn't Lil' Ben be running around at this point as well?

Man I swear, it's like magic. 10pm on Wednesday night and my computer instantly gets frozen and slow as molasses. Not just the internet but the actual running speed. And I actually rebooted just before 10pm too. It's like my comp magically knows the most annoying possible time to mess up on me.

Old March 5 2009, 04:31 AM   #32
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Trippy wrote: View Post
Screencap of statue

It looks like a woman!
Nah, hard to tell, looks Egyptian to me

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 04:32 AM   #33
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Above average. The scene between Richard and Sawyer was clearly the high point although seeing the statue was also nifty. It's worth noting that when Horace and Richard are talking Richard mentions that the fence may keep other "things" out. I'm presuming this means the smoke monster and that Dharma is aware of it.
Old March 5 2009, 04:40 AM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

Hmm, the Statue looks like Horus the Eygptian god of death I wanna say. Also, Paul's necklace in this episode was an ankh: "The ankh was the Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "eternal life", a triliteral sign for the consonants ˁ-n-. Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. It is also known as the key of life, the key of the Nile, or as crux ansata, Latin for "cross with a handle"."

Old March 5 2009, 04:41 AM   #35
Mr Light
Admiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus Hey Horus is shown here holding an ankh! And he's the god of sun/life/war, not death. Now the screen cap is fuzzy but he's holding something in his right hand and his left hand is obscured, he could be holding an ankh in his right hand and holding the staff in the left hand which is obscured by his body, which would match the picture of Horus on wiki. The picture of Osiris (god of death) doesn't match the Statue.

Old March 5 2009, 04:46 AM   #36
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^does he only have 4 toes?

LJ

LJ2
Old March 5 2009, 04:49 AM   #37
Mr Light
Admiral

It doesn't say anything about toes unfortunately Heeey, Lostpedia stole my Horus holding an ankh theory! I came up with that all by myself too http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Four-toed_statue

Old March 5 2009, 05:00 AM   #38
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Maybe Richard only has 4 toes. I mean, why not, heh. So many mysteries.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 05:00 AM   #39
Mr Light
Admiral

OMG, this Horus stuff is hilarious. This is about his rivalry with Set the god of desert/chaos: "By the Nineteenth dynasty, the enmity between Set and Horus, in which Horus had ripped off one of Set's testicles, was represented as a separate tale. According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him. However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set. Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt. The gods first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set.[9]"

Old March 5 2009, 05:00 AM   #40
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

The hires picture of the statue is now my background

LJ

LJ2
Old March 5 2009, 05:01 AM   #41
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Can the boy who Michelle Dessler (for 24 fans) gave birth to in this episode be Ben?

Plus, I really hope they don't start with the love triangle thing again. They should keep Sawyer with Juliet and Jack with Kate.
Old March 5 2009, 05:01 AM   #42
Jetfire

This was a good episode. I like the end, sucks to wait 2 weeks for the next.

JF

Old March 5 2009, 05:02 AM   #43
Mr Light
Admiral

I bet you Richard is four toed. Notice that Sawyer specifically commented on his "eyeliner" look? I think that's to make him look Egyptian, like the Statue. And the Ankh necklace. And the hieroglyphics covering all the ruins. And the ones on the Swan countdown timer.

Old March 5 2009, 05:03 AM   #44
Mr Light
Admiral

Ben was born outside of Portland, which we directly saw in "Man Behind the Curtain", so that couldn't have been his birth.

Old March 5 2009, 05:07 AM   #45
Mr Light
Admiral

How did Richard get past the sonic fence? Did he just have ear plugs? 'Cause I imagine that Amy had to set the fence to a lower setting in order to safely pass through it with just the plugs, versus the strength needed to repulse Cerebus in "Left Behind". I bet he came through the lake or the tunnels/subway.

BTW wasn't it hilarious the way all of our characters walk through the fence all at once so they can all be knocked out, rather than one at a time?

Oh y'know what, I guess the Statue could equally be Anubis, "the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife." The picture looks identical to Horus from the rear. This would more in keeping with the underworld tone of the series thus far. "Anubis was sometimes associated with Sirius in the heavens, and Cerberus in Hades." Hello, Cerebus! I dunno though, the Anubis pictures have him with HUGE ears and the Statue only has very tiny ear/bumps. But Horus, with a falcon head, has NO ears. So I guess it's just Anubis with tiny swept back ears, for some reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

Last edited by Mr Light; March 5 2009 at 05:33 AM.