RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,679
Members: 24,827
Currently online: 426
Newest member: Sb118_James

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 49 56.98%
Above Average 28 32.56%
Average 7 8.14%
Below Average 1 1.16%
Poor 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5 2009, 02:09 AM   #16
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Re: Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

I give this episode an Excellent. The best of the season so far. This season is turning into one of the best seasons of Lost.

I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil anyone, but I look forward to discussing it with everyone later.
Old March 5 2009, 02:36 AM   #17
Jaron
Captain

I rated this Above Average. As I said in the other thread, after the plane crashes and hangings of the last couple of episodes, it was nice to get something a bit lighter and more relaxed.
Old March 5 2009, 03:58 AM   #18
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Like I said, I gave this one an 'excellent'.

- Great teaser. We saw the statue, which we will no doubt revist somehow, and we found out that Sawyer and the gang have been/will be on the island for the next three years. Wow.

- The teaser felt like a season-opener. It just had that vibe and style. It was a lot better than the real one we got for this season.

- Eventhough the story skipped ahead, it didn't feel rushed the way the last two episodes did. It was probably because they sort of went back to the traditional flashback format and gave us the kind of pacing we've been used to over the years.

- Both the island folk and the Oceanic 6 have been "synchronized". So far, it looks like Locke is the only one who hasn't experienced a three-year time period.

- Sawyer was pure awsomeness the way he handled both their cover story and Richard Alpert. Way to go.

- So, the sonic fence doesn't affect Richard eh? I wonder if they have some sort of immunity or if it's earplugs.

- Juliet looked great with her 70s style. And fortunately, she's been able to keep her hair blonde.

- The Canadian promo spoiled me on Kate appearing, but the reunion at the end was still great. Jack... Hurley... Everyone is back. Almost everyone. We still need the Ajira crash folks. I wonder where they are time-wise.

- What happened to Rose, Bernard and the other survivors?
Old March 5 2009, 04:06 AM   #19
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

I have this feeling that Rose, Bernard and the other oceanic surviors were captured by the hostiles.

LJ

LJ2
Old March 5 2009, 04:08 AM   #20
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Excellent! This was great.

Was not expecting a Sawyer and Juliette relationship. Juliette > than Kate. Who knows what Kate did to Aaron, that bitch. Sawyer better not ditch Juliette for Kate.

I can't wait for 2 weeks though, that is going to be a killer.

I love how they have been working for Dharma for 3 years. So no matter what, even with the time shifts, both groups have been away from each other now for 3 years, so it evens out in that sense, interesting.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 04:08 AM   #21
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Above Average. Not as good as the last two weeks but still an enjoyable episode that proceeded at a leisurely pace.

Josh Halloway and Elizabeth Mitchell did a good job here. Particularly liked Sawyer's scene with Richard. This is a great way to get the backstory of the island.

-I think the guy in the beginning with the sideburns plays Herc on Friday Night Lights.

-Nice to see the return of the statue. Wonder if Richard was alive during this time.

-Funny how Life on Mars is canceled and now Lost is set in the 79s.

-Sawyer, for the love of God...stick with Juliet. She's not dumb or annoying like Kate.
Old March 5 2009, 04:09 AM   #22
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Excellent. Sawyer's been awesome all season but this was new levels of awesome. I'll be back later once I watch it again.
Old March 5 2009, 04:10 AM   #23
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Guess I'll go against the grain. Bored me to tears. Another filler episode.
Old March 5 2009, 04:13 AM   #24
Mr Light
Admiral

3.75/4 Another excellent episode, missing only a Cerebus appearance to make it total classic

WE FINALLY SEE THE STATUE AGAIN. Three ****ing years waiting for another Statue appearance. Thank yew. Can't wait to see a screen grab! And now we know it was frickin' huge, to see it that far away.

It is just so cool seeing our characters living in the Dharma Initiative. I love Dharma. This was my theory back at the end of S4 and I was RIGHT! Very exciting. It's weird seeing Horace in charge, though. What about Chang? Or the DeGroots?

Wasn't Horace "with" the blonde teacher in "Man Behind the Curtain", both in the scene of Ben's birth and then later on the Island? Or am I mismembering?

Horace gets drunk and goes out dynamiting trees, exploding them up into the air... just like Cerebus does... was he trying to summon Cerebus in his drunken stupor?

Another Cerebus hint: the truce between Dharma and the Natives says that the Natives get all the dead bodies and this is very important to them. Why? So Cerebus can reanimate/consume them? Or so it/he can NOT? Fascinating.

I noticed that after the final flash Miles had grey hairs at the bottom of his sideburns. Were those there before and I just never noticed them, or is that a side effect?

Y'know this is the first Sawyer centric episode since 3X5? Been awhile!

It's nice to see Juliet in a larger role again. She was so underused in S4. I think she's a fascinating supporting character like Sayid, a cool collected thinker to guide the "leader" onto the right path. Kinda weird seeing them hook up like that, but they did have limited options. And I'm sure everybody will break up with everybody and it'll end up Jack/Juliet and Sawyer/Kate, the more logical pairings.

Old March 5 2009, 04:16 AM   #25
cubbie
Vice Admiral

Above Average. I love Sawyer and Juliet because the thought of kate with anyone makes me ill. Kate must die!
Old March 5 2009, 04:16 AM   #26
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Miles always had a bit of grey.
Old March 5 2009, 04:22 AM   #27
Gertch
Admiral

Above Average. It would have been Excellent if there hadn't been so much Sawyer (especially with my Juliette) and taking my idea for the statue. If we see the front and it's Jar-Jar I want some royalties!
Old March 5 2009, 04:23 AM   #28
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I need to watch the episode again, and get a better look at the statue. From the brief glimpse, it might have appeared Egyptian perhaps. That might fit with the fact there are hieroglyphics on the island.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 04:24 AM   #29
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

That was a HELL of an episode.
Old March 5 2009, 04:25 AM   #30
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Screencap of statue

It looks like a woman!

LJ

LJ2