Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 98 40.33%
Above Average 76 31.28%
Average 45 18.52%
Below Average 15 6.17%
Poor 9 3.70%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 28 2009, 09:56 AM   #91
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

romulus wrote: View Post
I can’t believe the never streamed deadlock on the BSG site. I even checked the hulu site that guy kept name dropping and nothing. Some body piss em off or something?
It's not happening until tomorrow. It's SciFi's way of getting you to pay for the episode on iTunes.
Old February 28 2009, 10:38 AM   #92
Aragorn
Admiral

13 Cylon models....

Seven are the children....

Five are their creators....

And one's a deadbeat dad who plays the piano....

And he has a plan!
Old February 28 2009, 10:38 AM   #93
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

the last few episdoes have been really giving me Macross Frontier vibe...

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old February 28 2009, 10:43 AM   #94
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
13 Cylon models....

Seven are the children....

Five are their creators....

And one's a deadbeat dad who plays the piano....

And he has a plan!

I did love the episode by the way. It was slow, sure, but that didn't strike me as necessarily a bad thing. I'm expecting a hell of a ride from the last 3 eps. I think Galactica, more than most shows, has its legacy riding on how they end it.
Old February 28 2009, 02:54 PM   #95
trevanian
Rear Admiral

Was it my imagination, or was the guy playing piano with Starbuck actually tapping out the old Larson cylon motif at one point? Sounded like the notes they always used when you'd cut back to the base ship or Baltar w/ Lucifer.
Old February 28 2009, 03:29 PM   #96
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

One thing that made me rather ambivalent, if they trash CIC set now, what will they use for the Plan?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old February 28 2009, 03:37 PM   #97
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Wow what a ride this is becoming.

The story started with a story of seductive betrayal by Baltar and it coming to an end thanks to the seductive betrayal of the Chief.

I fully expect the Chief to be shot next week...sure he's a good guy and all. But in that environment you're only as good as your last decision...and I'm comfortable with that.

I didn't realize the piano player was a projection until Starbuk pulled out her dog tag and started telling her story. She's been keeping to herself up to then.

This projection reinforces my earlier declaration that she is central to how this show wraps up...but we all knew that anyway.

Also it was very cool how the up to now underutilized Hara gave that picture to Starbuk and it turned out to be a linchpin of the final 5 arc.

As far as the Boomer kidnapper story goes... I dunno. I see many here buying into Ellen's theory that was Cavil's goal all along.

Think about it, you all know Ellen isn't quite right. Anyway I don't buy that, kidnapping Hara is just insurance for Boomer.

With Hara she has a trophy, now she can go back to her ONLY safe spot and not incur Cavil's wrath. Truthfully I was surprised after all that has happened, the trials, mutiny, blanket pardons why she was arrested in the 1st place...she's just another 8...she's not the 8 that shot Adama.

Galactica the ship is done but I suspect Cavil will want to slowly torture the fleet the way a cat toys with a mouse. Sucess here is to stop history from repeating itself...see Ander's revalation to the other finals.

'Someone to watch over me' was compelling enough to keep me up to watch both of the sci fi showings so I have to give this an excellent. I'm not saying it was as riviting as the first 3 season openers but I was thourghly entertained and intend to watch it again on the computer.
Old February 28 2009, 03:38 PM   #98
Garth Rockett
Commodore

Above Average. It started a bit slow but built up nicely, and ended firing on all cylinders. I like that they're not just giving us answers every episode, because as much as I enjoyed the reveals two weeks ago I think the questions are usually more interesting.
Old February 28 2009, 03:52 PM   #99
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
And so much for Dirk Benedict playing Starbuck's dad.
There's still the Cylon God.
Old February 28 2009, 04:02 PM   #100
Carlito
Lieutenant

It's funny that with all the negativty and criticism in this thread the episode still has more "excellent" votes than any other option.

So does character development count for nothing? Does every episode that doesn't have a massive space battle or loads of details about the cylons get dismissed as "nothing happened"?

I suppose next week they should just have Ellen standing in front of a brick wall telling the history of everything. "The first cylons on Kobol were created by Harvey Cylon who lived at 123 Kobol Road..."
Old February 28 2009, 04:22 PM   #101
Lookingglassman
Admiral

It was okay, but seemed like a filler episode. The whole Starbuck/Daddy/Piano thing was stupid. It didnt bring us any answers on who she is so what was the point. The only good part was when Chief found out he got "got" by Boomer at the end and when she jumped away.
Old February 28 2009, 04:28 PM   #102
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Carlito wrote: View Post
It's funny that with all the negativty and criticism in this thread the episode still has more "excellent" votes than any other option.
I'm actually surprised that this episode is doing so well and getting the praise that it is. A lot of episodes like this one have been ripped to shreds or called "boring" and I was expecting the same or worse to happen here.

Does every episode that doesn't have a massive space battle or loads of details about the cylons get dismissed as "nothing happened"?
No. I don't mind epiosdes being slow and subtle, but this one felt like it was bordering on weak and uneventful a lot of the time. It had some good stuff, but overalll, I think it could have been better.
Old February 28 2009, 04:36 PM   #103
Darth_Pinche
Captain

trevanian wrote: View Post
Was it my imagination, or was the guy playing piano with Starbuck actually tapping out the old Larson cylon motif at one point? Sounded like the notes they always used when you'd cut back to the base ship or Baltar w/ Lucifer.
Yes, I heard that two. For me, that was the confirmation that he was a projection and Cylon related. A subtle nod to the original show fans.

The episode was excellent. Things will pick up, but I'm not expecting to get all the answers as the show ends. The slow decay of life and the Galactica itself was fantastic and necessary for any ending to have punch. Chief is so screwed.

I wonder what Athena will do now that Hera is gone. The 8's all seem shifty, Hera was the one thing keeping Athena stable and on our side I think. She disregarded all rules in order to retrieve Hera before, she may jeopardize everyone now.
Old February 28 2009, 04:39 PM   #104
MPH
Rear Admiral

Decent enough episode alot better than last weeks snoozefest anyway. The episode still didn't give us any definitive answers about Kara though although I say that the piano player was her dad from nearly the off and that noone else could see him, but is he one of those head people like headsix?
And another thing why does Roslin seem to be connected to the ship as when it lost power in that nebula she nearly fainted and in this episode when the ship starts to fall apart she collapses?
Old February 28 2009, 04:50 PM   #105
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Carlito wrote: View Post
That's what I'm saying. "Well the episode was rather boring and we didn't find anythnig out, so above average! What the fuck is up with that? I think BSG fans are getting as bad as Voyager fans....