Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 98 40.33%
Above Average 76 31.28%
Average 45 18.52%
Below Average 15 6.17%
Poor 9 3.70%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2 2009, 04:29 PM   #196
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Did anyone else get a strong "Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor" vibe from the scene between Starbuck and her father during Starbuck's "everything was so clear" speech? (About 33 minutes in.)
Old March 2 2009, 05:09 PM   #197
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

trevanian wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
cultcross wrote: View Post
^ I'm beginning to think we're gonna see Galactica's death before the final episode. I also think the ship itself might prove to be the 'dying leader' which takes them to the promised land, perhaps in one last jump.
I'm fairly convinced that the dying leader is Adama. Yes, I think the Galactica will be destroyed. And, can you picture him not going down with the ship? I can't.

Mr Awe
Sure, he'd go down with the ship. But they've set up a kind of scifi possibility with the ship going to pieces during a jump ... for all we know, that could be a time thing that scatters folks to far reaches and starts the whole thing over again.
That would be pretty undramatic, compared to the alternatives, to have the ship just disintegrate during a jump! And, I don't see BSG doing the time technobabble thing to explain the cycle.

Nah, the Galactica will go out in a big battle against Cavil's forces (no spoilers, just me guessing). In that scenario, Adama will be aboard.

Mr Awe
Old March 2 2009, 06:31 PM   #198
flux_29
Commodore

Here's a question: In season 3 it's said that Hera can recognize Athena from Boomer, yet when Boomer picked her up from day-care, why did Hera go along peacefully? Did she want to go with her to Cavil?

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)

Last edited by flux_29; March 2 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old March 2 2009, 06:50 PM   #199
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

flux_29 wrote: View Post
Here's a question: in season 3 it's said that Hera can recognize Athena from Boomer, yet when Boomer picked her up from day-care, why did hera go along peacefully? did she want to go with her to cavil?
Hera is going to pull a Star Child (V) on Cavil's ass.
Old March 2 2009, 07:16 PM   #200
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Julian1984 wrote: View Post
Hi Everyone! My first post is to ask about one thing in this episode... I need to know which one is the name of the song that played Kara in piano (the one that activated the last five...) Thanks! (Is anyway to download it?)
All Along the Watchtower by Bear McCreary

Original by Bob Dylan. Also covered by Jimi Hendrix, U2, Dave Matthews Band, Prince, Neil Young, Grateful Dead, Pearl Jam and more.
I didn't know all those people did the song.

Then I thought... I have everything U2 ever did. So I did a quick search on my hard drive and sure enough, there it was... The U2 version.
Old March 2 2009, 07:25 PM   #201
trevanian
Rear Admiral

trevanian wrote: View Post

I'm fairly convinced that the dying leader is Adama. Yes, I think the Galactica will be destroyed. And, can you picture him not going down with the ship? I can't.

Mr Awe
Sure, he'd go down with the ship. But they've set up a kind of scifi possibility with the ship going to pieces during a jump ... for all we know, that could be a time thing that scatters folks to far reaches and starts the whole thing over again.
That would be pretty undramatic, compared to the alternatives, to have the ship just disintegrate during a jump! And, I don't see BSG doing the time technobabble thing to explain the cycle.

Nah, the Galactica will go out in a big battle against Cavil's forces (no spoilers, just me guessing). In that scenario, Adama will be aboard.

Mr Awe
Actually, I hope you're right. Just for the last 3 days I've had a 102 degree fever, and so my 'visions' such as they are have been about BSG. That sort of fell into my head.
Old March 2 2009, 08:27 PM   #202
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

why the frak does everyone think Kara's dad is 'Daniel'?
there's no evidence to support this . . . and the most RDM said about Daniel in No Exit's podcast was that he has some role to play in Caprica

her father's name was Dreilide, and we still have no idea how her past and destiny tie into the mythology . . .
Old March 2 2009, 08:29 PM   #203
RoJoHen
Awesome

They think Daniel was her because a) Starbuck is obviously something weird, and her being a human/Cylon hybrid would go a long way to explaining what is up with her, b) Ellen said Daniel was an artist. That's all we're really got to go on. I'm still sustaining reservations.
Old March 2 2009, 08:49 PM   #204
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

backstept wrote: View Post
why the frak does everyone think Kara's dad is 'Daniel'?
there's no evidence to support this . . .
There is plenty of evidence to support this, this episode went 80% of the way towards confirming it.

Daniel was an artist, Dreilide was an artist. Anders wrote Watchtower while on Earth, Dreilide (one of Ander's "children") knows Watchtower and taught it to Kara as a child. Hera knows the notes of Watchtower, that suggests a connection between her and Kara; they're both hybrids. Kara was reborn somehow, possibly using some sort of Cylon resurrection technology. Leoben knows that Kara is special and has a destiny, perhaps a subconscious understanding of Kara's relation to the rest of the Cylons.

Finally, if Dreilide is Daniel then a quiet character moment from the beginning of season 2 will actually have been one of the most important scenes of the whole show. It would tie things together brilliantly, so maybe there is some wishful thinking going on.

Plus, Tigh being Kara's "grandfather" would be incredibly rich.
Old March 2 2009, 08:55 PM   #205
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

GodBen wrote: View Post
Plus, Tigh being Kara's "grandfather" would be incredibly rich.
Indeed; the Colonials and Cylons make the Corleone family look like the Cleavers.
Old March 2 2009, 09:09 PM   #206
cultcross
Say my name...

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
I suspected that the piano player was: a) Starbuck's father, and b) 'not really there' within moments. It didn't alter my enjoyment of the episode in the slightest.
While I, on the other hand, didn't realise this until I read this page of the thread

I completely missed the fact the guy was gone when Tigh went up to Starbuck.
Can't tell if you are being serious or not.

I meant that I suspected it from the first moment I saw him, not after it was revealed that he was not really there. (It didn't require much 'suspecting' at that point.)
No, I was being completely serious. Didn't get it at all.
Old March 2 2009, 09:17 PM   #207
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Love the Watchtower reveal scene. It's a really dramatic moment, the way the loud notes pop in at just the right time and you see the Cylons recognize it. Tigh's reaction is just fantastic.

I suspected that Slick might be her father somehow (though him being a 'HeadFather' for some reason didn't occur to me), but I also thought that maybe it was just a dramatic parallel, she's meeting someone just like her father who will make her come to terms with her actual dad, as that's the sort of thing the writers like to do.
Old March 2 2009, 09:18 PM   #208
Paul
Lieutenant Commander

While I, on the other hand, didn't realise this until I read this page of the thread

I completely missed the fact the guy was gone when Tigh went up to Starbuck.

Can't tell if you are being serious or not.

I meant that I suspected it from the first moment I saw him, not after it was revealed that he was not really there. (It didn't require much 'suspecting' at that point.)
No, I was being completely serious. Didn't get it at all.
You're not alone. I myself was too caught up in the episode to have thought about it. And based on the promos, I thought it would've been too oobvious.
Old March 2 2009, 09:32 PM   #209
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

GodBen wrote: View Post
Finally, if Dreilide is Daniel then a quiet character moment from the beginning of season 2 will actually have been one of the most important scenes of the whole show.

WHAT quiet character moment?
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
Old March 2 2009, 11:08 PM   #210
Gregsmack
Captain

I think he's referring to Kara and Helo's pitstop in Kara's apartment in 'Valley of Darkness'