Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 8 2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Immolatus
Captain

Did the Mechanical cylons get the raw deal for the FF?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I was thinking about the toasters and how they have had very little to due other than to be cannon fodder. We don't know if they were winning or losing the war with the colonies (the 1st cylon war) but we know why they stopped fighting. The ff said they would show them resurrection if they would stop there experiments on humans and stop the war. Well the toasters did their part. But how do they benefit from resurrection? The FF only created cylons that are based on their own design, they are the ones who get resurrected. I haven't heard of any mechanical cylons being resurrected. So did they get the short end of the stick?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old March 8 2009, 07:42 AM   #2
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Did the Mechanical cylons get the raw deal for the FF?

Well, we know that the Cylon ships resurrect, so I would assume the Centurions also developed the technology for themselves. Hell, they might have developed it for themselves FIRST, but Cavil probably came along and destroyed it.

We haven't had any Centurion characters to really focus on, though, so it hasn't been a big issue.
Old March 8 2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

They probably did have it. But Cavil likely removed it when they had those chips implanted to keep them from rebelling. I can't see the Final Five doing that given their past and way Ellen treated that Centurion.

I wish they had made one Centurion a recurring character, the one that Baltar tried to spread the word of God to. It almost looked like it died trying to protect Baltar.
Old March 8 2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

^^ It likely did die trying to protect Baltar, as it was likely programmed to protect any "flesh" person allowed aboard ship. IE, since Baltar was a "guest" of the skinjobs, it felt obligated to protect Baltar as it would a skinjob.

While I do agree, I wish we knew more of the Centurions, the fact that they have NEVER uttered a single word makes them so damned scary.

I can't be scared of a robot that talks with that Peter Frampton synth voice and says "by your command" - I'm sorry. It's even a little hard to be afraid of the robots in Terminator, because they put so much into looking and sounding human.

Centurions are, IMHO, the first truly scary robots. Because they never say ANYTHING and they look so far removed from human.

I think the T-600s in Terminator Salvation will also be scary -- they look it -- but the Centurions, to me, are the first truly SCARY robots. Because you can't tell a damned thing from looking at them. Not where they're looking, what they're thinking, what they'll do, what they want. They scare me. Truly. Which I love.

If I had to face a Terminator, or a Centurion? I'd gladly take on the terminator. Maybe. I dunno. Centurions are easier to kill, lol. But you know what I mean!