Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 1 2009, 09:09 PM   #46
wamdue
Admiral

Re: TV pilot season begins...

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
wamdue wrote: View Post
Moving Wallpaper started last night. I thought it was a good start to the new series.
some ratings news for you.

9pm Moving Wallpaper - 2.12m
Damn, that's worse than last series isn't it?
not sure about S1, but what you might find difficult to believe it that Moving Wallpaper was the lowest point of ITVs night.

Even Five was ahead of Moving Wallpaper as a new episode of US navy drama NCIS took 2.41m (10.6%) in the 9pm hour.

After Wallpaper, ratings fell further as ITV debuted new comedy series Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder. The sketch show began its seven-week run with a disappointing 1.92m (8.2%) and was beaten by BBC One's Not Going Out, which had 3.19m (14.6%) from 9.30pm.

The latest episode of Pushing Daisies put in 1.19m (6.8%) for ITV1 in the 10pm hour and was beaten by Five's Numb3rs, which had 1.27m (7.2%).
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1482...t-in-slot.html
Old March 1 2009, 09:21 PM   #47
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I still don't understand why they didn't move it to ITV2, they seem to like putting comedy shows on ITV2.
Old March 1 2009, 09:34 PM   #48
wamdue
Admiral

I still don't understand why they didn't move it to ITV2, they seem to like putting comedy shows on ITV2.
ratings would have been no better on ITV 2, however a repeat on ITV 2 wouldnt hurt
Old March 1 2009, 09:38 PM   #49
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

ratings would have been no better on ITV 2, however a repeat on ITV 2 wouldnt hurt
No, even ratings close to that would be huge for ITV2, and expectations wouldn't be so high.
Old March 1 2009, 09:43 PM   #50
wamdue
Admiral

but are those rating as high as they are simply because they are on ITV 1, BBC shows are the same and get a much bigger ratings boost from it.

Move a show to BBC 3, or ITV 2, and ratings drop simply because its not on the main channel anymore.
Old March 1 2009, 09:50 PM   #51
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

but are those rating as high as they are simply because they are on ITV 1, BBC shows are the same and get a much bigger ratings boost from it.

Move a show to BBC 3, or ITV 2, and ratings drop simply because its not on the main channel anymore.
True, but even half of that will still be big ratings for a digital channel.
Old March 1 2009, 09:55 PM   #52
wamdue
Admiral

that is true as well

they probaly should have put Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder on ITV 2, he certianly isnt the face of ITV comedy, like im guessing ITV was hoping he was.
Old March 1 2009, 09:57 PM   #53
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

^I didn't even make it through the episode.
Old March 1 2009, 11:02 PM   #54
wamdue
Admiral

I didnt even bother, was watching 30 Rock after Moving Wallpaper
Old March 2 2009, 12:57 PM   #55
jongredic
Fleet Captain

^I didn't even make it through the episode.

The first half was abysmal, it has to be said. The second half was a vast improvement, so I'll give the next episode a try, but it'll have to do something quite special to make me relegate Not Going Out to a bad VHS recording again
Old March 3 2009, 10:38 PM   #56
Top41

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Top41 wrote: View Post
Data Holmes wrote: View Post

Why.
Because it way, way violates our PG-13 rules. Just be glad I caught it before Bonz came across it.
How, there was no nudity. Hell I've seen worse on prime time tv...
A woman cutting her t-shirt off to reveal her breasts? Okay. Be my guest--PM the image to TBonz, and if she tells you that you can put it back in, go right ahead. But drop it in this thread.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Weird little news tidbit - Steve McQueen's grandson and namesake lands lead in vampire show! Well, grandad did get his start with a B movie about a giant blob...

"Vampire Diaries," from "Scream" and "Dawson's Creek" mastermind Kevin Williamson, is based on Alloy's series of books. It centers on Elena, a tragic young heroine who is the object of passion for two vampire brothers -- one good, one evil -- who are at war for her soul and for the souls of her friends, family and other residents of the small town in which she resides.
Wow. That's as CW as it gets.
I didn't realize this was from Kevin Williamson! I admit, I was a big Dawson's Creek fan, and I also enjoyed Wasteland, his series about people in their 20s that only lasted for like 5 or 6 episodes, back when that was on. And I loved Glory Days, which only had half a season as well. I didn't check out Hidden Palms or whatever his last CW series was, but I might check this one out.
Old March 4 2009, 12:08 AM   #57
Aragorn
Admiral

Kevin Williamson was JJ Abrams before JJ Abrams was.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 01:04 AM   #58
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Lets see which of these I might be remotely interested in:

Fox - Masterwork. Vague enough to have no idea what it's about. If it makes it, maybe the finished product will be OK. For some reason, the Station looks kinda interesting in a morbid way.

CBS - In theory, half these shows could be good. The problem is they're basically the same thing.

NBC - Day One could be worth a shot. Legally Mad looks like DEK getting more and more eccentric.

ABC - I don't know anything about Updike's book, so I can't comment on whether or not I'd like it. Same with Flash Forward. What's with ABC basing shows on books?

Yeah, not much.