Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 24 2009, 01:22 PM   #16
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce
Re: TV pilot season begins...

Aragorn wrote: View Post
LutherSloan wrote: View Post
CBS is for old people.

I would like to give her a private one-on-one demonstration of my own personal "Big Bang" theory...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2009, 02:05 PM   #17
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post

CW: Vampire Diaries, just to see how bad it is.

Fox: Zipola. I'm shocked, there's usually something promising-sounding coming from Fox.

CBS: Zipola. This network hates me.

NBC: Day One.

ABC: Eastwick (Jamie Ray Newmann just cast), Flash Forward, Happy Town, V, No Heroics.

Nice job, ABC! The rest of you suck more than ever!
No Heroics is a low budget show on a digital channel here in the UK... I'm not sure how well it'll translate. I know it kept me watching for no apparent reason.
Here are some clips on YouTube
Old February 24 2009, 11:09 PM   #18
Top41

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
What's keeping her boobs in that top?
image removed--Top41
Uh, no. Just no.

There are a bunch that look interesting to me, but I can't get attached until they actually get ordered to series.

I'm really intrigued by I, Claudia, though. For one, I love the books/mini-series I, Claudius (and Claudius the God). Two, I think it sounds cool in the Jack & Bobby kind of way. And I loved Jack & Bobby. So I'm excited about that one--I really hope it gets picked up!

The one about the guy and the kid solving crimes sounds like it could be a fun take on the forensic show genre. I'll be checking that one out, too!
Old February 25 2009, 01:42 AM   #19
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

No Heroics is a low budget show on a digital channel here in the UK... I'm not sure how well it'll translate.
A comedy about superheroes doesn't really require translation, it practically writes itself. It's not like it's an original idea to start with.

I keep wondering why networks bother to "buy" ideas they could very easily come up with themselves after ten seconds of thought. Are they really so imagination-deprived? After re-reading that sad list of pilots (cop shows/lawyer shows/doctor shows/slacker sitcoms) maybe they really are?

And they can't do it low budget if they want it to have a hope in hell of success.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2009, 04:53 AM   #20
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

No Heroics is a low budget show on a digital channel here in the UK... I'm not sure how well it'll translate.
A comedy about superheroes doesn't really require translation, it practically writes itself. It's not like it's an original idea to start with.

I keep wondering why networks bother to "buy" ideas they could very easily come up with themselves after ten seconds of thought. Are they really so imagination-deprived? After re-reading that sad list of pilots (cop shows/lawyer shows/doctor shows/slacker sitcoms) maybe they really are?

And they can't do it low budget if they want it to have a hope in hell of success.
They should air No Heroics opposite of Heroes.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2009, 05:31 AM   #21
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

A couple of the ABC pilots look promising, but I don't see a lot of keepers in this pond.
BenRoethig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2009, 06:31 AM   #22
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

I hope they do, Heroes needs all the help it can get! No Heroics sounds like one of those DOA concepts that make you scratch your head and wonder how it got past the idea stage. Or something that might be better off on basic cable, where a tiny cult following is an acceptable viewership level.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2009, 08:36 AM   #23
Jetfire

Hollywood is dead, TV is useless now...I just watch old stuff on DVD.

JF
Old February 25 2009, 10:25 AM   #24
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

I hope they do, Heroes needs all the help it can get! No Heroics sounds like one of those DOA concepts that make you scratch your head and wonder how it got past the idea stage. Or something that might be better off on basic cable, where a tiny cult following is an acceptable viewership level.
I thought you were interested in No Heroics? Or did that clip kill your interest?
Old February 25 2009, 11:20 AM   #25
jongredic
Fleet Captain

Hmm... crime drama, medical drama. A medical crime drama... Or remakes of No Heroics (which I never found that funny to begin with) and Ab Fab.

I've got to admit I'm a little disappointed with that. Though Day One sounds vaguely interesting.

Eva Adams: Sexist sports agent wakes up and discovers that he’s now a woman
Some hard hitting drama there. I'm ashamed to admit, I'd give that a watch just to see if it's any good
Old February 25 2009, 02:28 PM   #26
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

What's happened to Virtuality? Wasn't that supposed to be on Fox?

If it's no longer a pilot, has it been picked up for series, or is it just DOA?
Old February 25 2009, 02:45 PM   #27
jongredic
Fleet Captain

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
What's happened to Virtuality? Wasn't that supposed to be on Fox?

If it's no longer a pilot, has it been picked up for series, or is it just DOA?
I haven't heard much about it recently, but I just assumed it was still in development/pre-production. I've not seen a target date for a pilot yet.
Old February 25 2009, 06:16 PM   #28
Death
Admiral

Top41 wrote: View Post
image removed--Top41
Uh, no. Just no.
Why.
Old February 25 2009, 11:13 PM   #29
Top41

Top41 wrote: View Post

image removed--Top41
Uh, no. Just no.
Why.
Because it way, way violates our PG-13 rules. Just be glad I caught it before Bonz came across it.

No Heroics sounds like it could be pretty darn funny, but pretty niche as well. Who knows, though--maybe not!

Lost & Found sounds good to me mostly because of Katee Sackoff. I really like her, and think it will be cool to see her in the lead.

Day One sounds like Jerico 2.0, and while the concept intrigues me in theory, I was never drawn to Jerico, so I guess I'll see if it's something I want to check out (if it gets picked up).
Old February 26 2009, 12:36 AM   #30
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

image removed--Top41
Aw now I'm all curious what it was