Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 23 2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Gregsmack
Captain

Yet another theory on Daniel. (spoilers for everything before 4x17)

Bear with me here:

I am willing to put money on Daniel being Kara's father.

His being an artist fits with Kara's father being a pianist, mentioned in 'Valley of Darkness'. Further, the piano sonatas played during the base ship scenes ('Torn' and on) connect to this. Perhaps a musical hint, or an elegy of sorts?

Kara is the first Cylon/human hybrid - the first before even Hera. Evidence of the similarities between the two? In 'Maelstrom' Kara tells Helo about her recent nightmares, and then Helo tells Kara that he's has been taking Hera to a child psychiatrist lately regarding her own nightmares. Just like a certain region of space spawned Watchtower for the Five, another region seems to result in Cylon/Human hybrids having night terrors.

And then, of course, is that little issue of Kara finding her own barbequed corpse on Earth. I can't even begin to theorize on what actually happened, but I would say it is definitely connected to her being a hybrid.

Pick away. Criticize away. We have only four weeks left to enjoy this.
Old February 23 2009, 03:56 AM   #2
Starwind
Fleet Captain

Re: Yet another theory on Daniel. (spoilers for everything before 4x17

Do we know how old Kara is? (I know Katee is 28) The Five knew something had happened to Daniel, and Tigh was resurrected in the Colonies no later than 25 years before the attack. If Daniel somehow went to the Colonies (out of curiosity maybe?) he could have had a brief, intense affair while there. It could also explain part of Socrata's attitude, if he left one day, promising to return, and never did.

Last edited by Starwind; February 23 2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old February 23 2009, 03:59 AM   #3
Gregsmack
Captain

True as well. Ellen said Daniel's COPIES were all poisoned. There was obviously already a Daniel alive to bond with Ellen for Cavil to hate. I imagine Cavil might have given him a similar punishment?

Hmm. This might also explain why the Cylons felt it necessary to snatch Kara's ovary. For Cylon procreation purposes?
Old February 23 2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Jedi Marso
Commodore

All will be revealed.
Old February 23 2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Yminale
Rear Admiral

I think the piano player in "Deadlock" and the next episode could be Daniel and be a head creature like head Six and head Baltar (and maybe head Ellen).
Old February 25 2009, 05:35 PM   #6
biotech
Vice Admiral

I dont think Kara is a hybrid, heres my theory, some of which is similar to yours.

Ellen said Cavil destroyed the line of the skinjob he thought she prefared to him, who was an arty type, but just because he stopped more being born, doesnt mean all those that were already alive got killed.

We know Kara's dad was an arty type.

We know humans and skin jobs arent all that different.

We know the final five were good at mastering resurection and creating skin jobs.

What if this missing arty type presumed dead was not only Kara's dad, but had been working on a way to resurect humans?

Something he perfected and used on his own daughter when she crashed into the earth?

If the power of resurection becomes available to all the humans then everything really will have happened before, and will be able to happen again, and it dosnt matter if Cavil comes and destroys galactica and the fleet.

The final scene could be of a planet somewhere where everyone had died was there reborn and waiting for the others to arrive, kind of like Laura's vision of what she thought was the afterlife.
Old February 25 2009, 06:08 PM   #7
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

My money is also on Daniel being Kara's father.
Old February 25 2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Does the timeline make sense for Daniel to be Kara's father? I believe this is the order of events:

- Final Five arrive at Earth during the 1st Cylon war, and convince the centurions to stop fighting and leave the colonies
- Final Five help centurions begin development on 8 skinjob Cylon models
- 8 models are created (I assume that they initially create only 1 version of each model, then start growing additional bodies afterwards)
- Daniel, model #7, is killed and all copies are rendered useless by Cavil
- Cavil kills the Final Five; when they resurrect their memories are wiped
- Cavil slowly releases the Final Five to the colonies to live as humans

Since Daniel was killed before the Final Five went to live on the colonies, how could he be Kara's dad? Do you think Cavil actually did the same thing to Daniel that he did to the Final Five? What would be the point in that? Also, Starbuck has memories of her father so he was definitely a part of her life as a young child - do we know what happened to her dad? And how does Kara being a hybrid give her the connection to finding earth? Daniel wasn't born on Earth like the Final Five.

My theory on Kara is that she was resurrected on Earth because the resurrection technology developed by the Final Five goes back to the days of Kobol, and that perhaps humans and cylons have the ability to be re-born.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Old February 25 2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Verteron
Rear Admiral

Warp Coil wrote: View Post
Since Daniel was killed before the Final Five went to live on the colonies, how could he be Kara's dad? Do you think Cavil actually did the same thing to Daniel that he did to the Final Five? What would be the point in that? Also, Starbuck has memories of her father so he was definitely a part of her life as a young child - do we know what happened to her dad? And how does Kara being a hybrid give her the connection to finding earth? Daniel wasn't born on Earth like the Final Five.
Ellen said Cavil poisoned the amniotic fluid and the genetic code for the No. 7 Daniel copies, we never learned what happened to the original 'prototype'.

Is it possible Ellen helped him escape or something (before her ultimate fate)? After discovering Cavil was out to get him?

Anyway, whilst I've long subscribed to the theory that Starbuck is some kind of hybrid, I think the angle is now too obvious, and RDM historically hasn't gone for obvious
Old February 25 2009, 07:02 PM   #10
biotech
Vice Admiral

That was my thinking, she knew she and the other four were doomed, but planted the seeds of salvation by helping Daniel escape, and giving him knowledge the other models didn't have.
Old February 25 2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Search4
Commander

I'm still wondering how the Viper was also resurrected... and implanted with a special ability to receive a direction locator from earth. This is pretty far beyond any capability seen to date.
Old February 25 2009, 10:29 PM   #12
CaptainHarlock
Lieutenant Commander

Search4 wrote: View Post
I'm still wondering how the Viper was also resurrected... and implanted with a special ability to receive a direction locator from earth. This is pretty far beyond any capability seen to date.
* Maybe the viper only was getting your own signal in original viper.

But the point is how the viper was duplicate. And how Kara´s tattoos were duplicated in the new body. Tattoos don´t make sense in a cloned body.
Old February 25 2009, 11:28 PM   #13
biotech
Vice Admiral

It would be easy enough to put new tattoos on the clone.

And making a new viper shouldnt be that hard if you know what all the peices look like and have the ability to grow new metal.
Old February 25 2009, 11:48 PM   #14
xanderwess
Commander

Okay, I went to IMDB (i know,its not reliable) but Zach Adama is listed in the last 3 episodes. What's that all about and could HE be Daniel?
What is someone is playing a huge mind f##k with Kara and that wasn't really her on earth?
Old February 26 2009, 12:04 AM   #15
Gregsmack
Captain

Whatever that's about, it's a huge fucking spoiler. Thanks a lot.