TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 24 2009, 07:08 AM   #1
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Important info about what happened to the mutineers from podcast

In RDMs podcast for Deadlock, at one point he mentioned the loss of personell due to the mutiny, and specifically said that all the mutineers, including characters like Racetrack and Seelix are now gone from Galactica and are now in prison on the prison ship.

Strange we never got any on screen mention of this.
Old February 24 2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Gregsmack
Captain

Re: Important info about what happened to the mutineers from podcast

I heard that too. I just assumed they all got taken to jail and I laughed when I heard him say it on the podcast.

I hope it's not in a deleted scene somewhere. But since he mentioned the specifics of the situation, I imagine we'll get some on-screen indication of their fate before the end of the series. At least I hope.
Old February 24 2009, 07:27 AM   #3
D Man
Commodore

BSG has been filming too many scenes to fit their 41 minute format for years now, so I won't be surprised at all if such an important bit of plot never makes it to the screen until the deleted scenes on DVD. It'd be nice if they wrote scripts that actually fit the time slot they have, since they only extend about one episode per DVD set ("Pegasus," "Unfinished Business.") Other than those two eps, there have been a bunch of important deleted scenes we never saw that they had to add into the previouslies, or just left out altogether.
Old February 24 2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Rii
Rear Admiral

The lack of onscreen follow-up to the mutiny over the past two episodes has been disappointing. So much for Adama's "if you do this, there will be no mercy" speech. Perhaps he should've said "if you do this, we will sweep it under the rug."

I guess there was that one scene between Lee and Roslin.
Old February 24 2009, 08:56 AM   #5
philbob
Commander

i would go one step further and would of excuted anyone who killed a loyalist
Old February 24 2009, 02:55 PM   #6
The Wormhole
Admiral

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
Strange we never got any on screen mention of this.
The Previously On recap for next week's episode will feature the scene where Adama sentences all the surviving mutineers.

Though one has to wonder, why keep them alive? Why not just execute them all? Or did Astral Queen have a personell shortage, so Adama decided to help them out this way?
Old February 24 2009, 03:11 PM   #7
Gregsmack
Captain

Though one has to wonder, why keep them alive? Why not just execute them all? Or did Astral Queen have a personell shortage, so Adama decided to help them out this way?
I think it might have something to do with their not being out of the woods yet, and their constantly dwindling survivor count. A jailed body is still a fertile body.
Old February 24 2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Adama isn't losing control of the fleet, he's completely lost control. He can only react to uncontrollable events as they come at him, and he's improvising badly - witness his willingness to turn over big guns to Baltar's Angels. Let's not dwell too long on the litany of things that have happened in the past when Baltar has access to power.

Bill pretty clearly knows he's lost, and he's retreating toward death just as Roslin is - in his case, suicide on the installment plan.
Old February 24 2009, 10:15 PM   #9
Harry Palmer
Admiral

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Adama isn't losing control of the fleet, he's completely lost control. He can only react to uncontrollable events as they come at him, and he's improvising badly - witness his willingness to turn over big guns to Baltar's Angels. Let's not dwell too long on the litany of things that have happened in the past when Baltar has access to power.

Bill pretty clearly knows he's lost, and he's retreating toward death just as Roslin is - in his case, suicide on the installment plan.

I think that since the mutiny he simply doesn't have the manpower to police the Galactica and he knows it. Which was why Baltar mentioning the Centurions being brought aboard as the spark of a revolution convinced Adama to hand over the weapons. Baltar clearly knows that the military is in a dire situation and that combination of forces(blending) is inevitable.
Old February 24 2009, 10:18 PM   #10
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

They really need to have a scene in the show that supports this otherwise it's not really all that fair.
Old February 24 2009, 11:22 PM   #11
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

Was RDM serious when he said it? I mean half of everything he says in the podcasts is dripping with sarcasm.
Old February 24 2009, 11:28 PM   #12
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Was RDM serious when he said it? I mean half of everything he says in the podcasts is dripping with sarcasm.
Also, is it just me or is he spending a lot of time on the podcasts just watching the show and not saying anything?
Old February 25 2009, 12:03 AM   #13
ialfan
Fleet Captain

CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Also, is it just me or is he spending a lot of time on the podcasts just watching the show and not saying anything?
I noticed that too on this week's podcast. It was kind of shocking as he usually talks the whole time. All these little dropped threads makes me wonder why Scifi didn't do that "as long as each episode needs" thing for Season 4.5 like they talked about last summer.
Old February 25 2009, 12:08 AM   #14
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

Why is all the "good" stuff not in the series when it's supposed to be? I mean it seems like more is revealed in the podcasts than in the show itself. What, will how Starbuck's ressurrection be dealt with in The Plan? Will we find out who the head people are in Caprica? It's stuff like this that have kind of minorly irked me watching this series. This last episode wasn't good, but a one simple line could have mentioned an aftermath to the mutineers somewhere would have been worthwhile. Heck, even in the last episode with all that talk and revelations, a simple line saying what happened to Racetrack (I guess she won't be in the series anymore ) would have been nice. If I have one complaint to the writers, it's use your time better. Tell the story, yes, maybe get a few extra minutes each week, but don't reveal stuff that might just be integral to the story outside of the series.
Old February 25 2009, 12:12 AM   #15
flux_29
Commodore

I wondered were they went.

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)