Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old May 2 2009, 08:32 PM   #271
Penguin
Commander

Re: T.H.U.G.S. Get Your CONNOR Fix Here!

I think you are missing the intent of my post.

Episodes like Dawn, It could be expanded into a book to flesh out what happened between the two. Stalking, fighting, trying to communicate. but in much more detail. that is the problem with Episodes having to devote 23 minutes of time to commercials. Too much shorthand and too much reliance on the viewers imagination.

Oasis, The crew finding evidence that seems to contradict the girls story. Trip and t-Pol working on the ship together and then the discovery of what really happened. this could be made into a book of about 100 or so pages. Lots of story in there.

Other episodes that needed to be filled out to make them more understandable and interesting.

Not just flashbacks. I guess my example of Harbinger was misleading although it does intrigue me.

As I say to have the actors doing the audio book in character. I would buy a whole series of those if they expanded on some Episodes.
Old May 3 2009, 01:32 AM   #272
My2tailwaggers
Lieutenant

Penguin wrote: View Post
I think you are missing the intent of my post.

Episodes like Dawn, It could be expanded into a book to flesh out what happened between the two. Stalking, fighting, trying to communicate. but in much more detail. that is the problem with Episodes having to devote 23 minutes of time to commercials. Too much shorthand and too much reliance on the viewers imagination.

Oasis, The crew finding evidence that seems to contradict the girls story. Trip and t-Pol working on the ship together and then the discovery of what really happened. this could be made into a book of about 100 or so pages. Lots of story in there.

Other episodes that needed to be filled out to make them more understandable and interesting.

Not just flashbacks. I guess my example of Harbinger was misleading although it does intrigue me.

As I say to have the actors doing the audio book in character. I would buy a whole series of those if they expanded on some Episodes.
I think it would be great if there was an Enterprise book that included short stories on all of the backgrounds of the crew. I really enjoyed the Voyager ones.. Mosaic and also Pathways. One had the life history of Janeway, and the other had the history of the crew. Great books... I would really enjoy one like this on the Enterprise crew!!
Old May 3 2009, 01:42 AM   #273
Reanok
Commodore

Pocket books has done short story collections for the different series. I would be glad to see Enterprise has it's turn of having more books come out. Ds9 had alot of books out for it's tenth anniversary I'm hoping Enterprise will get the same chance too.
Old May 3 2009, 12:14 PM   #274
frenchman
Commander

View frenchman's Twitter Profile

hi everyone

i'm going to try to translate the connor's panel in fedcon 18 in germany, yesterday
it's in german, thanks my pc translator (where is Hoshi?????)

source : http://live.startrek.de/berichte.php?bid=12

here i go

apparently, there were not sitting place free anymore, and people were up. connor was tired and jetlaged

about 24 : connor was estonished by some comments after the episod was aired. "you have not been killed". about his role, he said, hopefully, he was well prepared because kiefer sutherland changed the text all the time (i have already heard that kiefer sutherland was a perfectionnist).

about Stargate atlantis : it was on the makeup process. i think we all know that. he hope to be on the upcoming movie (i've read some news about that, and i don't think so, unleast i don't see how, the action is on earth).

he is not a technological geek, but his wife is. she has about 30 applications on his i-phone and connor has always the default choice (earth).

then he explains how he became an actor (football, girl, missing date at theater, want to be an actor).

then he explains how he obtained his role on Enterprise.

a women asked him the secret of a long marriage (my god, some people are.....). he answered : "never give up, always talk to, 50/50 decisions, respect. the better things with his wife : his marriage, his son birth.
the women's husband complained to connor that his wife and him had an only subject of discution (and again : oh my god!!!) : connor. so connor asked to the man a favour : kiss his wife and the man did.

more seriously, connor said he is proud about Enterprise and sad that the show has been canceled. he said that once a group of scientist came on the set and they are inspired by all the fictive technology.

ok, i did my best. i hope you'll understand all.

today, connor has a tribute to star trek panel with Nichelle Nichols, john billingsley, bob picardo.
Old May 3 2009, 03:31 PM   #275
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Thanks so much for the post! Your efforts at translation were pretty good. Didn't quite understand all of it, but I hope NXOner will be stopping in when she gets home to her computer to clarify.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
Old May 4 2009, 01:05 PM   #276
SFRabid
Commodore

Not bad since it had to go from English to German and then back to English.

How do they handle translations live at the show? Does someone translate over the microphone or do they rely on Europeans ability to speak multiple languages? (That would never work in the US.) Any idea what foreign language Connor took in school? I heard him speak a few lines of Spanish in an interview but that may be what he picked up so he could order beer in Tijuana.
Old May 4 2009, 01:32 PM   #277
lceb
Commander

Thanks for the post Frenchman, the translation was all right! I'd like to read more about Connor's relationship with terchnology! But no photos??? I looked at the adress you gave, but no photos there....
Old May 4 2009, 01:41 PM   #278
frenchman
Commander

i'm searching photos, but apparently nothing until now!

aaah, i found that

and this

that 's wierd, we find a lot of pics about the guests from BSG, Eureka, Stargate, but concerning Star Trek, it's tough

Last edited by frenchman; May 4 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 4 2009, 03:56 PM   #279
Reanok
Commodore

One of the best sites to find out the latest news about Fedcon and picture galleries and videos is link http://www.treknews.de
Old May 4 2009, 04:35 PM   #280
Flibble
Fleet Captain

There are no translations at Fedcon. Luckily, most of the German fans there, speak and understand English. The only actors who spoke some German at the convention were Bob Picardo and Max Grodenchik. (I am sure I have spelt that wrong!)
Old May 4 2009, 05:05 PM   #281
Reanok
Commodore

Treknews.de has video clips in both English and german for the new StarTrek movie posted. and cast interviews on their site. Sometimes they'll post Convevtion reports in english and photo galleries.
Old May 4 2009, 08:12 PM   #282
Penguin
Commander

Believe that site is Danish not German. I could be wrong though it has happened.
Old May 5 2009, 02:21 PM   #283
Hoshi's sis
Rear Admiral

View Hoshi's sis's Twitter Profile

NX01'er just reported over at HOT that Connor is filming two back to back episodes of Lincoln Heights at the moment.

I've never heard or seen that series before, but its good news to see he's still getting steady work.

For all your toy hobby collectables, pocket money collectables and trading cards.
Old May 5 2009, 02:37 PM   #284
frenchman
Commander

aaaaah, very good news!!!!!!!

don't know this show either, but after some research, it's aired on ABC family and it's its fifth season. the show has survived to Kyle XY who is just canceled.
Old May 5 2009, 06:25 PM   #285
lceb
Commander

That's really good news!! I'm curious what kind of show this is and what Connor's role will be!
Closed Thread