RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,273
Posts: 5,349,886
Members: 24,610
Currently online: 687
Newest member: VST

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old February 22 2009, 10:40 AM   #31
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Time Vortex
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

In that shot of Boomer screaming in the promo, is that somebody in a flightsuit with her? It's hard for me to tell. If so, I wonder if that's Tyrol...maybe airlocking her on a raptor...killed by the man she loved?
Peacemaker is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 12:28 PM   #32
billcosby
Commodore
 
billcosby's Avatar
 
Location: billcosby
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I do think they are setting her up to get back with the Chief, which seems promising. He deserves a happy ending...
Getting a happy ending from an Asian woman. Where have I heard this story before?



And we can't assume Roslin hasn't told people about Baltar's confession to her. On this show, people catch each other up on a lot of exposition offscreen.
Oh, I don't know. I think Rosalind understands the importance to keeping details like that to yourself. A good politician will keep their mouth shut at the right time.
__________________
My 1st Edition TrekCCG virtual expansion: http://billcosbytrekccg.blogspot.com/

billcosby is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 01:47 PM   #33
Shaka
Lieutenant Commander
 
Shaka's Avatar
 
Location: France
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

In the promo, was that Tyrol projecting when we see him kissing Boomer ? Or maybe it was just Boomer... it can't be a flashback...

As for the explosion, probably not a flashback either, as Hotdog seems to be witnessing it from the front row...
__________________
We
Should
Kill
Time...
Shaka is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 07:37 PM   #34
flux_29
Commodore
 
flux_29's Avatar
 
Location: England
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
In that shot of Boomer screaming in the promo, is that somebody in a flightsuit with her? It's hard for me to tell. If so, I wonder if that's Tyrol...maybe airlocking her on a raptor...killed by the man she loved?
I'd say thats athena with a blooded face - aftermath of meeting Boomer?

which would explain the attack and the flight suit, pretend to be athena, grab a raptor and get the hell out of dodge.
__________________
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)

Last edited by flux_29; February 23 2009 at 05:49 PM.
flux_29 is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 08:21 PM   #35
Wouter2
Captain
 
Location: Belgium
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Here's the obvious direction they could be going with Boomer (which I think would be rather neat):

Remember way back in "Downloaded", when Caprica Six mentioned to Boomer that she personally got the Colonial defense codes from Baltar? Well, what if the Cylons decide they want to try Boomer for betraying them, and then Boomer retorts with someone along the lines of "Hey, you want to punish me for going along with Cavil's attack on you? Why can't you be as forgiving as the humans, who've apparently let Baltar and Caprica Six off scot free, despite their being the ones most directly involved in the attack on the colonies?"

And then all the humans would respond with "What?!? Baltar was involved in the attack on the Colonies? Caprica Six was the one who personally hacked our defenses? They must pay!!!" (Remember, Roslin is the only other human who knows about Baltar's complicity in the attacks, and *none* of them know about Caprica Six's role.)

This could set up an interesting showdown with Baltar's cult.....and could also blow apart the Colonial/Cylon alliance, if the Colonials suddenly realize that the *one* Cylon most responsible for the genocide (Caprica Six) is right there on Galactica.

Also, I just realized that the fact that none of the Colonials knows about Caprica Six's involvement in the attack on the Colonies makes the fact that they all call her "Caprica Six" that much more ridiculous. Why the frak would they call her "Caprica Six"?
Good points! I like it, very much. But I also very much doubt the show will go for it, they will probably blame Boomer for everything.
Wouter2 is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 08:26 PM   #36
Wouter2
Captain
 
Location: Belgium
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I hope this "Boomer on trial" thing takes up very little screen time. I'm sure the rebel Cylons are sore about it, but the way things are going, it's time to let bygones be bygones and quit finding excuses to kill each other.
Oh, I think Boomer's trial will be (very) short, but it won't end in forgiveness; it's quite obvious the other Cylons want her dead. She is the black sheep of the family.

To stop it, will probably come down to Tyrol taking action of some sort. Or maybe a Cavil attack interrupts things.

The most important accusation likely will be the vote against her model. It would take all of 2 seconds to prove that.
Wouter2 is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 08:39 PM   #37
flux_29
Commodore
 
flux_29's Avatar
 
Location: England
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Here's the obvious direction they could be going with Boomer (which I think would be rather neat):

Remember way back in "Downloaded", when Caprica Six mentioned to Boomer that she personally got the Colonial defense codes from Baltar? Well, what if the Cylons decide they want to try Boomer for betraying them, and then Boomer retorts with someone along the lines of "Hey, you want to punish me for going along with Cavil's attack on you? Why can't you be as forgiving as the humans, who've apparently let Baltar and Caprica Six off scot free, despite their being the ones most directly involved in the attack on the colonies?"

And then all the humans would respond with "What?!? Baltar was involved in the attack on the Colonies? Caprica Six was the one who personally hacked our defenses? They must pay!!!" (Remember, Roslin is the only other human who knows about Baltar's complicity in the attacks, and *none* of them know about Caprica Six's role.)

This could set up an interesting showdown with Baltar's cult.....and could also blow apart the Colonial/Cylon alliance, if the Colonials suddenly realize that the *one* Cylon most responsible for the genocide (Caprica Six) is right there on Galactica.

Also, I just realized that the fact that none of the Colonials knows about Caprica Six's involvement in the attack on the Colonies makes the fact that they all call her "Caprica Six" that much more ridiculous. Why the frak would they call her "Caprica Six"?
Good points! I like it, very much. But I also very much doubt the show will go for it, they will probably blame Boomer for everything.
Like Baltar???
__________________
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

"Victory is mine!" -- Stewie (Family Guy)
flux_29 is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 08:43 PM   #38
Wouter2
Captain
 
Location: Belgium
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
The Cylons want to try her for siding with Cavil against her own model and the rest of them, I assume.

As mentioned earlier it's a bit of a joke considering nobody's gonna try the rest of the Cylons for the holocaust.
1. Yes, they want to try her for siding against her own model.

2. But what makes it a farce isn't the fact that nobody is going to try the Cylons...rather what makes it a farce is:

a. Athena, not Boomer, is the first Eight to side against her own model. The Cylons aren't going to try her for treason.

b. Leoben already said that there was no law to prevent an individual model from taking a side against the whole line.

The point here is this: While the humans have to embrace Cylons to survive, Cylons have to embrace humans to survive too, and that means truly embracing the notion of individuality. They are still operating as with a collective mindset. They have to learn to abandon that, and if they try one Eight for using its freedom in a way that displeases them, then they are still operating from that same collective mindset, which runs counter to what they must learn to do if they are to survive along with humanity.
Excellent, excellent points. But now I wonder how much of this the show will actually touch upon - we will see, but I fear it may be like 0%. I'm not optimistic they show Boomer's POV in a sympathetic light, and point out the hypocrisy behind the Cylon position.

Shaka wrote: View Post
In the promo, was that Tyrol projecting when we see him kissing Boomer ? Or maybe it was just Boomer... it can't be a flashback...
This indeed seems to be a projection, I would guess from Boomer (who certainly is capable of projecting) but it may be from Tyrol as well.

flux_29 wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post
In that shot of Boomer screaming in the promo, is that somebody in a flightsuit with her? It's hard for me to tell. If so, I wonder if that's Tyrol...maybe airlocking her on a raptor...killed by the man she loved?
I'd say thats athena with a blooded face - aftermath of meeting Boomer?

with would explain the attack and the flight suit, pretend to be athena, grab a raptor and get the hell out of dodge.
I agree the screaming 8 is likely Athena, but it's hard to see how Boomer, a captive about to be handed over for execution, would be able to pull this off. It may yet be a different 8 or someone else entirely. I think Athena is screaming because Hera has been taken - just a hunch.
Wouter2 is offline  
Old February 22 2009, 08:47 PM   #39
Wouter2
Captain
 
Location: Belgium
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

flux_29 wrote: View Post
Like Baltar???
Up to a point. Baltar was the black sheep after New Caprica, true, but OTOH nobody knows he gave Gina the nuke (Baltar's worst moment, by far - this time he knew what he was doing) and few suspect his involvement in the Cylon sabotage of the colonial fleet. So he arguably got off lightly, in that he got persecuted (but acquitted) for the wrong accusations.
Wouter2 is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 03:04 AM   #40
georgerstewart
Cadet
 
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

BSG - Someone To Watch Over Me - Canadian preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg4ikGAxMnA
georgerstewart is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 04:20 AM   #41
Gregsmack
Captain
 
Gregsmack's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Tory is just not going to be happy until she's rid of every piece of ass Tyrol's ever gotten.
__________________
"Lay off the Greeks. They invented civilization."
Gregsmack is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 04:23 AM   #42
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral
 
Corran Horn's Avatar
 
Location: I-L
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Here's the obvious direction they could be going with Boomer (which I think would be rather neat):

Remember way back in "Downloaded", when Caprica Six mentioned to Boomer that she personally got the Colonial defense codes from Baltar? Well, what if the Cylons decide they want to try Boomer for betraying them, and then Boomer retorts with someone along the lines of "Hey, you want to punish me for going along with Cavil's attack on you? Why can't you be as forgiving as the humans, who've apparently let Baltar and Caprica Six off scot free, despite their being the ones most directly involved in the attack on the colonies?"

And then all the humans would respond with "What?!? Baltar was involved in the attack on the Colonies? Caprica Six was the one who personally hacked our defenses? They must pay!!!" (Remember, Roslin is the only other human who knows about Baltar's complicity in the attacks, and *none* of them know about Caprica Six's role.)

This could set up an interesting showdown with Baltar's cult.....and could also blow apart the Colonial/Cylon alliance, if the Colonials suddenly realize that the *one* Cylon most responsible for the genocide (Caprica Six) is right there on Galactica.

Also, I just realized that the fact that none of the Colonials knows about Caprica Six's involvement in the attack on the Colonies makes the fact that they all call her "Caprica Six" that much more ridiculous. Why the frak would they call her "Caprica Six"?
Great points! Let's hope they've done something with them.
__________________
"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones. "
Corran Horn is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 05:12 AM   #43
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I do think they are setting her up to get back with the Chief, which seems promising. He deserves a happy ending...
Getting a happy ending from an Asian woman. Where have I heard this story before?


Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post

I agree that Roslin (and whomever she may have told) probably said 'fuck it' at this point. It's water under the bridge and there are other things to worry about. And Baltar didn't do it intentionally.
Yep, Baltar's "sin" was blind vanity.

I must confess that I don't know what an American citizen with a security clearance - assuming they would be charged and tried fairly - would be charged with for giving their passcode into a DoD secure computer to their girlfriend. Treason, possibly - though as a most serious charge, treason is generally understood to cover willful actions to betray one's nation or help an enemy government, and Baltar had no idea of that.

I held a security clearance and had access to some of this kind of information about twenty years ago, but since (like everyone else I've ever met in that situation) would never have knowingly violated security I don't think I paid much attention to what the penalties were.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 06:20 AM   #44
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Time Vortex
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Thanks for the CA preview, George, and welcome to the board, Cadet.
Peacemaker is offline  
Old February 25 2009, 06:24 AM   #45
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

If Boomer found the BSG out of the blue we need Cavil's forces to finally show up. Maybe that will be the finale.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.