IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 15 7.08%
Above Average 56 26.42%
Average 99 46.70%
Below Average 30 14.15%
Poor 12 5.66%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 21 2009, 03:42 PM   #76
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

Cant agree more lets have more shots of Adama looking at the inside of his ship. They just should have replayed the same scene from different angles. Dull, Dull, Dull. No intensity and no drama this week.
Old February 21 2009, 03:49 PM   #77
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^I'm guessing Random Eight, I don't think Sharon would leave her husband and I don't think she believes in the whole majority rule idea either.
Athena doesn't seem phased by any of this "As the Baseship Turns" stuff, I find. You heard what she said. She made her choice. The Old Man and the crew of Galactica seem to have largely accepted that, almost never referring to Sharon "Athena" Agathon in the same breath as generic Eights. Her "enemy" is anyone she believes threatens her family.

I'm actually much more interested in the very conspicuous absence of Leoben. The Twos never seem to be around nearly as much as the Sixes and Eights (if I see another random eight I think I'm going to explode. There must be like 20 times more of them on the Baseship than any other)*.

* = Of course, the real reason is probably due to both Athena and Boomer's serious lack of screen time. As Grace Park has a title role, I guess they just relegated her to Eight of the Week (EOTW) to keep her on screen.
Old February 21 2009, 03:51 PM   #78
Raz
Rear Admiral

Frontier wrote: View Post
After last weeks info overload, not much could be done with this weeks, I think. The episode felt very bare-bones. I could tell every single scene was trimmed down to the bare essentials for time purposes. This was like a two-part episode scaled down to one. Very 'edited to run in the time allotted' I felt. I think the DVD version will show it to be much better than we're all feeling right now.
This. Also in the interview (diff thread) there's a mention of some of the stuf that was cut. But it was really jarring, I feel how much was cut because of how disjointed the scenes felt.
Old February 21 2009, 03:54 PM   #79
aloha62
Lieutenant

painfully dull.

There were a lot of moments that seemed very out of character for various folk.

Iam hoping this is just to save enough of the budget for a great finale.
Old February 21 2009, 04:10 PM   #80
MPH
Rear Admiral

Yeah this episode was so boring infact I couldn't wait for it to go off, and like others have said whats up with Tyrol in wanting away so easy I could understand Tori but the chief
Old February 21 2009, 04:24 PM   #81
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

Am I the only one who thinks Paula is trouble? There's always been something very iffy about her and her attitude. And I wonder if this Sons of Ares thing is going anywhere, or if we'll consider it another "problem solved" now that Baltar's nymph squad is heavily armed.
Old February 21 2009, 05:13 PM   #82
Darth_Pinche
Captain

Average, but with a few small tweaks it could have been much better. The writing was at fault. As others have said Adama's and Tyrol's seemingly rash choices do make sense when you fill the blanks. Adama is a drunk, pill popping mess right now, so his giving Baltar guns to keep the civilians calm might sound ok to him. But in his scene with Baltar, that is when they should have played up Adama's addiction and loss of purpose. That is where you show a drunk Adama.
A simple line or quip from the Chief would have reminded the audience that ever since he discovered he was a Cylon, he doesn't care about much of anything, just seeing what comes his way in a more resigned to his fate way.
I get the sense that RDM and the other writers were more focused on the finale and needed an episode to save money and threw it at Espinson.
Old February 21 2009, 05:15 PM   #83
zekkie
Rear Admiral

View zekkie's Twitter Profile

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
ialfan wrote: View Post
Sadly average. I just can't picture Tryol voting to leave the fleet and that's the least of this episode's problems.
Also a few days/weeks after Adama last his ship for several hours do you really think Adama would give guns to Baltar?!

BALTAR OF ALL PEOPLE?!?!

Almost fell over.
Agreed

It's like Espenson forgot to write for the characters this episode. I guess she drew the short straw and was forced to take the swiss-cheesed, character-skewing, plot advancing assignment.
Old February 21 2009, 05:54 PM   #84
Kchunda
Commander

MPH wrote: View Post
Yeah this episode was so boring infact I couldn't wait for it to go off, and like others have said whats up with Tyrol in wanting away so easy I could understand Tori but the chief
AGREED!!!!
Old February 21 2009, 06:15 PM   #85
Swarles Barkley
Commodore

Below Average. Especially when compared to the last few weeks. Just a disjointed mess. The much anticipated return of Ellen completely fell flat. Tyrol's behavior (being so casually ready to abandon the fleet) seems very out of character based on how he's been in the prior episodes. The entire Baltar subplot just seems to be a distracting waste of valuable time. We only have 4 episodes left! This is not the time to go off on some tangent with Baltar and the Bimbo Brigade. I was extremely disappointed in pretty much everything except Hogan, who, as usual, delivered regardless of what was going on around him.

Overall I enjoyed the rerun of SG-1's "200" that aired after more than I liked this mess. That's not good.
Old February 21 2009, 06:23 PM   #86
Gregsmack
Captain

Am I the only one who believes Tyrol's desire to leave the fleet? Guy has no wife, no child, few friends and (very likely) many enemies. His desire to help Galactica during the mutiny is in no way an indicator that he gives a shit. Like he said to Lee, "the old man just deserves better." He has no ill will towards Adama and the humans, but given an opportunity at a new life he will certainly take it -- and no, I don't believe getting his position back as 'Chief' is the perk he needs. After all the guy has been through, getting back his rigorous and thankless job means about zilch.
Old February 21 2009, 06:25 PM   #87
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

The Chief's behavior makes sense to me, too. He really has nothing to look forward to--why would he want to stick around with humans who will always hate him on some level? Might as well go try to start a new life with his own kind.
Old February 21 2009, 06:26 PM   #88
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who believes Tyrol's desire to leave the fleet? Guy has no wife, no child, few friends and (very likely) many enemies. His desire to help Galactica during the mutiny is in no way an indicator that he gives a shit. Like he said to Lee, "the old man just deserves better." He has no ill will towards Adama and the humans, but given an opportunity at a new life he will certainly take it -- and no, I don't believe getting his position back as 'Chief' is the perk he needs. After all the guy has been through, getting back his rigorous and thankless job means about zilch.
I can understand it. He's got nothing left. He's a Cylon and he wants to be with other Cylons. What does his old job on Galactica really mean?
Old February 21 2009, 06:32 PM   #89
xanderwess
Commander

What does his old job on Galactica really mean to the Chief? $13.50/hr. plus dental. Hey, these are tough times, gotta take a J-O-B where you can get one...
Old February 21 2009, 06:38 PM   #90
Gregsmack
Captain

^

I think back to his scene with Adama at Joe's Bar. His very loud proclamation that "THIS IS NOT MY FRAKING LIFE" is, besides being a fantastic scene, pretty much the definition of Tyrol as a character.

@xander: love your avatar.