Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 15 7.08%
Above Average 56 26.42%
Average 99 46.70%
Below Average 30 14.15%
Poor 12 5.66%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 21 2009, 06:41 AM   #46
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

I'm glad they didn't forget Ellen Tigh is a schizo. Great drama this week between her and Six.
Old February 21 2009, 06:44 AM   #47
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

What a stupid episode. Last week ellen is totally cool with tigh poisoing her-this week she is a completely different person. What a waste of precious time at the end of the show.
Old February 21 2009, 06:46 AM   #48
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

1. Yay! Ellen is back.
2. Boo! Boomer is back!
3. Adama watches some welding.
4. Ellen finds out about Caprica Six's baby daddy
5. Adama watches some welding.
6. Baltar's Bimbo Brigaide and the Case of Natural Selection
7. Adama watches some more welding.
8. Caprica Six miscarries. Hilarity does not ensue.
9. Adama watches some welding.

There I edited CommanderTrip's comments to be more accurate...
I pretty much feel the way everyone else feels about this filler episode. And a little disappointing that they are giving us filler in the lat 5 episodes...
I did like all the Giaus bits tho. Pretty much everything he did or said in the beginning blew up on him to comedic effect...
I think they are setting up the fact that Humans and Cylons are going to have to merge to survive...Thats pretty clear at this point aint it?
Old February 21 2009, 06:48 AM   #49
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Sadly average. I just can't picture Tryol voting to leave the fleet and that's the least of this episode's problems. Ellen is a total jealous b*tch and I can't help but feel nothing happened.

That said it's still BSG. Nothing happening is entertaining if it's BSG just not with only four episodes left! I don't have a problem with Jane Espenson. I loved "The Passage" and liked "Dirty Hands". "Escape Velocity" is a guilty pleasure of mine and "The Hub" was excellent. The webisodes were decent enough but this episode just feel flat for me.
Old February 21 2009, 06:48 AM   #50
Harvey
Admiral

Hey, that WAS Bear McCreary in the background in Joe's Bar. I knew it.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old February 21 2009, 06:54 AM   #51
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I knew going in that things would slow down a bit, which is why I'm not disappointed. I wasn't expecting more Oath/Blood on the Scales or anything like that.
Old February 21 2009, 07:12 AM   #52
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

ialfan wrote: View Post
Sadly average. I just can't picture Tryol voting to leave the fleet and that's the least of this episode's problems.
Also a few days/weeks after Adama last his ship for several hours do you really think Adama would give guns to Baltar?!

BALTAR OF ALL PEOPLE?!?!

Almost fell over.
Old February 21 2009, 07:35 AM   #53
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

The problem I'm seeing developing with these last ten episodes is the writers know what the big threads are that have to be addressed before the show is over and apparently they think they won't fill out all the episode slots so they are stretching the season out. It definitely has that feel. The strange thing is the show should have the feel of having too much ground to cover and wondering if they will get to it all. It seemed they said okay let's stick in a two part mutiny episode then we'll do one big Cylon mythology episode and then in two weeks we will reveal what happened to Starbuck etc etc. Now what do we stick in between all that stuff.

The season for me has lacked a sense of clear vision and purpose driving the series to its inevitale conclusion. It has felt aimless at times with no clear sense of the arc for a lot of the characters. And that is too bad because this season and the last one hinted at several storylines that seemed to disappear and didn't get off the ground.
Old February 21 2009, 08:05 AM   #54
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

Chess Piece Face wrote: View Post
What a stupid episode. Last week ellen is totally cool with tigh poisoing her-this week she is a completely different person.
Which is completely consistent with the inconsistency that is Ellen Tigh. Humans and Cylons in the nuBSG universe are very much like humans in real life; filled with contradictions, weaknesses, and are never the same moment to moment. Ellen Tigh being the most inconsistent of them all. Ah, it's good to have Ellen back ain't it?
Old February 21 2009, 08:14 AM   #55
Starwind
Fleet Captain

Voted average. It wouldn't have got that far up if not for the reurn of HeadSix. She always makes it that much more interesting. Frankly, Baltar was starting to get rather boring without her.
Old February 21 2009, 08:27 AM   #56
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

I don't expect much from this show, but holy shit! This was just terrible, even by my already low standards for the show. Admittedly, I don't watch much TV these days, but this was probably the worst hour of television I've seen since Enterprise went off the air. And yes, I did watch Atlantis regularly until it trudged it's way to a mediocre finish (matching the rest of the show). Completely god-awful. I'm trying to think of a single redeeming quality of this episode, but nothing's coming.

I'd really be morbidly curious to know what was going through the heads of Ron Moore and everyone else involved that they could possibly think this was going to be an worthwhile hour of television.

I voted poor.
Old February 21 2009, 08:59 AM   #57
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

I really enjoyed this one. The show finally got back to doing what it does best, which is character drama. They can stuff all the exposition in the world into an episode, like last week, but it will never hold up to Tigh and Adama in a room, drunk, shooting the breeze about life.
Old February 21 2009, 08:59 AM   #58
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

ialfan wrote: View Post
I just can't picture Tryol voting to leave the fleet and that's the least of this episode's problems.
Yeah that seemed really out of character for him, I guess they just needed him to vote for leaving the fleet since that's really all he did in this episode.

I went with above average. Not as crazy awesome as the last few episodes, but I still found it pretty enjoyable. Seeing Ellen's crazy antics again was a lot of fun, especially now that she knows she's a Cylon.

Adama watching the crew goo up the ship seemed a little overused in this episode, I guess they built that big set and had to get as much use out of it as possible. I do feel sorry for him though, having the Galactica become part Cylon really seems to be eating him up on the inside.

Also Baltar's storyline was fun.

Old February 21 2009, 09:04 AM   #59
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Below Average. Would have voted poor if Michael Hogan wasn't so good in this.

As far as memory serves, I never hated Ellen like so many others did. But, damn. This Ellen was a horrible caricature S1/S2 Ellen, and completely opposite of last week's Ellen. She made the 8 and knows she programmed in this stupid 'need love' directive. Then, she basically talks Six into a miscarriage. Imagine if Boomer had been with Ellen instead of in the brig. She sure as shit would be regretting her decision to leave Cavil.

Tyrol, out of nowhere, wants to leave the fleet. He's still in the middle of a job. It's like there are two Galens on the ship. One's been stuck in the engine room for the past 3 episodes. All the while, the other one has been hanging out in sick bay asking, "are we there yet?"

Adama giving Baltar guns? Are you kidding me? That was one of the worst written character choices since they made Baltar give Gina a nuclear warhead. I love Baltar with guns. But, what the hell?

How many more times do we need to see Adama walking around looking at support beams? How many more times do we need to see Adama drinking booze and popping pills? How many more? We get it. Move on. The Ellen interrogation/flask scene was a nice touch, and got the point across.

Humans and and Cylons need eachother. Hera is the shape of things to come. We've gotten this since season 2. Let's move on.

Cavil was right. Cut her head open. Let's kill all these people and be done with it.

Guess I'm done venting...for the moment. The cylon pictures on the wall were a great touch. Mary played her short scenes very well. Tigh was amazing (democracy doesn't matter because he doesn't remember it). Six piloting a heavy raider on CAP was nice. But, a few good moments just can't hold an episode together.
Old February 21 2009, 09:07 AM   #60
davejames
Vice Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
The end scene was fantastic, though, and knocked it up to the above average. Still, it didn't give me much faith that Espensen is a good enough writer to run Caprica.
I thought she did about as good a job as she could do with the plot she was given. The dialogue was strong, there was a lot of great character stuff, and it was nice to see a little humor injected into the show again (particularly in Baltar's scenes).

Obviously there wasn't a lot of action or new plot developments this week, but I'm sure that was due more to Moore than Espensen, since he's the one laying all this stuff out.