RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,357
Posts: 5,355,382
Members: 24,625
Currently online: 542
Newest member: Saracuda

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old February 28 2009, 11:36 AM   #1
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

I probably need to go back and rewatch the other week's episode to be sure, but was Ellen present with the Cylon fleet in the Nebula at the end of Season 3? Did she hear the music and go crazy, too? Or was she uneffected because she already knew who she was. I would assume that wouldn't make a difference.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander
 
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Ellen did not needed to hear the music, since she was resurrected.
__________________
"A person without any sense of shame is no longer a human being."

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Marcus Porcius Cato is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 03:49 PM   #3
anti-matter
Rear Admiral
 
anti-matter's Avatar
 
Location: canon violation
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Wasn't she still dead then?
anti-matter is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Turbo
Vice Admiral
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta
View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

No, she was resurrected just before the escape from New Caprica.
__________________
Allons-y!
Turbo is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 07:45 PM   #5
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Marcus Porcius Cato wrote: View Post
Ellen did not needed to hear the music, since she was resurrected.
She heard it in the most recent episode when Starbuck was playing the piano. That's why I'm asking.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Search4
Commander
 
Search4's Avatar
 
Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

I guess we don't know if she was in the nebula, in one of the CYLON ships. But by all accounts she would have heard it. With memory restored, she would have understood what it meant.
Search4 is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 09:15 PM   #7
EstoniaKat
Lieutenant
 
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

That could explain how the Cylons found the fleet in the Ionian nebula in the first place if she was on one of the base ships.
EstoniaKat is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral
 
Sharr Khan's Avatar
 
Location: USA Ct
View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Search4 wrote: View Post
I guess we don't know if she was in the nebula, in one of the CYLON ships. But by all accounts she would have heard it. With memory restored, she would have understood what it meant.
Ellen seemed as shocked as the rest when Kara played it. We can likely say: 1 Ellen's familiar with "All Along the Watchtower" as its been established Sam played it for his friends (the 4 0f 5 plus the mysterious "women he loved") back on Earth, 2 none of the Final Five including Ellen seem to know why it "activated" them. 3 We know she doesn't even with her restored memory know the meaning of it aside from her assertion that "something out there is manipulating them."

Sharr
Sharr Khan is offline  
Old February 28 2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Frontier
Vice Admiral
 
Frontier's Avatar
 
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell, IE: Pennsylvania
View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Search4 wrote: View Post
I guess we don't know if she was in the nebula, in one of the CYLON ships. But by all accounts she would have heard it. With memory restored, she would have understood what it meant.
Ellen seemed as shocked as the rest when Kara played it. We can likely say: 1 Ellen's familiar with "All Along the Watchtower" as its been established Sam played it for his friends (the 4 0f 5 plus the mysterious "women he loved") back on Earth, 2 none of the Final Five including Ellen seem to know why it "activated" them. 3 We know she doesn't even with her restored memory know the meaning of it aside from her assertion that "something out there is manipulating them."

Sharr
Bingo.



So... yeah. Ellen heard Kara play it. IE, she recognized the song along with Saul and Tori. Obviously, everyone in the bar heard the song on the piano, but no one but the Final's new of it's relevance.

The fact Hera wrote out it's musical notes... creeps me the frak out.

I did finally grasp something I've been so dense on, though -- Laura Roslin's connection to the Cylons and Hera, specifically. Duh! Baltar used the unborn Hera's blood to temporarily cure Roslin! So Laura has some Cylon blood in her, in a sense. Which is likely why she seemed to be disoriented or what not end of season 3, when the others heard the song - in the same way Hera seems to pick up on such transmissions, so to did she, but her mind isn't Cylon, she's just got a distant connection to Hera, so she didn't hear the song like the others. But it explains the visions, to a degree - or Roslin's involvement in the visions - and why she knew Hera had been taken before she collapsed in last nights episode.
__________________
Me on Tumblr
Me on Twitter

Frontier is offline  
Old March 1 2009, 12:44 AM   #10
Berg417448
Commander
 
Berg417448's Avatar
 
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Anyone else think that the music may be some sort of map or code to the location of the "promised land"?

Starbuck asked Hera if she was drawing stars and Hera said yes. Then she gives Starbuck a piece of paper with a stream of dots on it. We know it is music but what if the music the 5 heard, the music Kara learned as a child and the music Hera drew is also a starmap or even coded directions of some sort? The name of the next BSG episode is " Islanded in a Stream of Stars."

I recall reading an interview before the season (possibly Bear McCreary?) began that said music would be very important to the plot in the final episodes.
Berg417448 is offline  
Old March 1 2009, 12:54 AM   #11
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Berg417448 wrote: View Post
Anyone else think that the music may be some sort of map or code to the location of the "promised land"?
I was falling asleep from boredom, but I think everyone knows that. More so because next week's episode is titled "[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Islanded In a Stream Of Stars".

To me the "stream" is the music line, and an "island" is the promised land.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline  
Old March 1 2009, 06:09 PM   #12
billcosby
Commodore
 
billcosby's Avatar
 
Location: billcosby
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

It's so fresh when that heavy version of the music kicks in, as Starbuck is playing.
That rips. I hope it ends up on a soundtrack.
__________________
My 1st Edition TrekCCG virtual expansion: http://billcosbytrekccg.blogspot.com/

billcosby is offline  
Old March 1 2009, 06:13 PM   #13
cultcross
Say my name...
 
cultcross's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

Frontier wrote: View Post
I did finally grasp something I've been so dense on, though -- Laura Roslin's connection to the Cylons and Hera, specifically. Duh! Baltar used the unborn Hera's blood to temporarily cure Roslin! So Laura has some Cylon blood in her, in a sense. Which is likely why she seemed to be disoriented or what not end of season 3, when the others heard the song - in the same way Hera seems to pick up on such transmissions, so to did she, but her mind isn't Cylon, she's just got a distant connection to Hera, so she didn't hear the song like the others. But it explains the visions, to a degree - or Roslin's involvement in the visions - and why she knew Hera had been taken before she collapsed in last nights episode.
Indeed. Hera and Laura both have 'Cylon blood', albeit in different ways.

Odds are, Starbuck does too - I subscribe to the theory that's being thrown around that her father was Daniel - when he 'just left, never called, never wrote', it was because his line had been boxed by John. I reckon she's like Hera, half-cylon, hence the apparant ressurection on Earth and hence her connection to the music.
__________________
This post terminates here. Please do not attempt to board.
cultcross is offline  
Old March 1 2009, 07:08 PM   #14
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Did our Final Cylon hear the music? (spoilers for 4.5)

anti-matter wrote: View Post
Wasn't she still dead then?
I'm sorry, but this is like the funniest sentence I've heard all week.

"In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is STILL DEAD."
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.