Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 10 2009, 04:19 PM   #61
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: Farscape - anything I need to know?

just finished Season 2
great show

I get a kick out of watching Lani Tupu talk to himself whenever Crais and Pilot have dialog together

one plot device I hope doesn't get used again is Moya getting infested with bugs . . . first season with the bugs from space, and second season with the money bugs
Old March 10 2009, 04:37 PM   #62
RoJoHen
Awesome

But the money bugs were eating the ship!
Old March 11 2009, 12:14 AM   #63
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

started on Season 3

have to say that I don't like the change in the opening titles and credits music
Old March 11 2009, 12:21 AM   #64
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh man really? Season 3 Farscape (as I recall) has my all time favorite theme song along with the Season 3 Babylon 5 theme song.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2009, 04:49 PM   #65
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

^ The theme song grew on me to the point that I couldn't remember the old one until I heard it again. I think they are both equally "Farscape" in tone, and it was nice to see the whole sequence updated.
Old March 12 2009, 06:47 PM   #66
coolghoul
Fleet Captain

I like the one where there's almost two tracks going on simultaneously for the title track - kinda commenting on the first one - "I meet xxx aliens [My friends]".

It is a bit of an acquired taste. I never cottoned onto the humor as much as I enjoyed their drama - gimme Farscape angst and tag scenes with Aeryn and John and so on and the coolth (John and Scorpius looking at each other as the carrier gets destroyed around them) and the arc-heavy episodes and I'll ask for more. They can keep their crackers or that Fat-Zhaan squirting milk or whatever that monstrosity was.
Old March 12 2009, 07:29 PM   #67
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

backstept wrote: View Post
started on Season 3

have to say that I don't like the change in the opening titles and credits music
Seriously? Huh. I never much liked the theme music from the first two seasons, and felt the new theme for season 3 was an incredible improvement.
Old March 12 2009, 08:43 PM   #68
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Oh and for anyone looking for the DVDs, if live in region 2 or have a region 0 player this is an absolutely fantastic deal: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farscape-Ult...6886672&sr=8-1

That's less than what one season would run you in region 1 nowadays.
Old March 12 2009, 10:32 PM   #69
RoJoHen
Awesome

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
backstept wrote: View Post
started on Season 3

Seriously? Huh. I never much liked the theme music from the first two seasons, and felt the new theme for season 3 was an incredible improvement.
Same here.

The Season 3 theme is my favorite.

Not much of a spoiler here, but it changes again in Season 4.
Old March 13 2009, 01:48 AM   #70
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

As I recall, the narration changes, but the music is the same in season 4.
Old March 13 2009, 03:19 AM   #71
Plain Simple
Commodore

Oh and for anyone looking for the DVDs, if live in region 2 or have a region 0 player this is an absolutely fantastic deal: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farscape-Ult...6886672&sr=8-1

That's less than what one season would run you in region 1 nowadays.
I got them in a few days ago. I hadn't seen any Farscape since Peacekeeper Wars was new and fresh, so it's really exciting to revisit it. I've gone through the first seven episodes in two evenings.

The image quality is not the best though. I am not familiar enough with all the details of filming tv shows and transferring them to dvd to comment on why that is. And for some reason they changed the order of episodes 2-5. The order in which they are on the dvds is, iirc, 4-2-5-3 or something like that. Anyone who knows the reason for this?

For those of you who are wondering what you get: all four seasons + PK wars, English audio only, no subtitles (also no close captioning), and quite some extras I think. I haven't looked into it in detail yet, but out of the first seven episodes I think 5 or 6 come with a commentary track. I don't know if that keeps up during the whole set. I haven't listened to them yet, so I cannot comment on the quality; but it's the actors and producers that are on there, not just the second assistant to the third advisor of the guy across the street from the studio. A quick browse also told me that for example the 'intro to new viewers pre-season 3', "Farscape Undressed" is on there.

It's Tolkien, not Tolkein.
Plain Simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 03:25 AM   #72
Plain Simple
Commodore

As I recall, the narration changes, but the music is the same in season 4.
I really love the part of the season 4 theme with "look upward and share the wonders I've seen", especially with the images of Chiana 'looking' upward, John & Aeryn sharing a moment, and and Pilot looking full of wonder into the camera.

Old March 13 2009, 04:17 AM   #73
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

The Farscape DVDs never had the best video transfer. It's a shame, but they're still the best way to see the series available right now. I did notice the change in episode order, but seeing as they're all stand alone episodes I don't think it matters much.
Old March 13 2009, 06:01 AM   #74
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Have those been collected in trade paper backs yet?
No; they're still only on issue #3, maybe #4.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 06:36 AM   #75
Plain Simple
Commodore

The Farscape DVDs never had the best video transfer. It's a shame, but they're still the best way to see the series available right now. I did notice the change in episode order, but seeing as they're all stand alone episodes I don't think it matters much.
No, it doesn't matter much, which makes me wonder even more why they did it. Rygel's remark that he hates mud in episode 2 or 3 does get a whole new level of meaning though if you see it after seeing him buried in mud in episode 4. In the original order it was a little bit of foreshadowing, in the mixed up order it's more of a reference to what came before.