RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,683
Members: 24,205
Currently online: 783
Newest member: JMSmith97

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 14 2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Stag
Rear Admiral

Cylon #7 -crazy thought

OK, this is to build on the comments about Kara glowing when Anders was looking at the people standing around the bed in "No Exit".

What if Cylon #7 is Kara and she is Daniel in disguise??? Just roll with me for a minute --

Cavil/John boxes the #7 Daniel line, however, one is resurrected. Now we know from the episode that the programming and coding can be changed based on the dialog of Ellen. So, in order to keep/preserve all the models as active, Ellen adjusted Daniel's physical appearance to be a woman and the real Daniel is a man (that looks like Dirk Benedict. )

So back to my point, Kara is a one off, she is a woman, yet is kind of butch which represents her hastily overwritten original programming which made her female.

What do you think??
Old February 14 2009, 08:21 PM   #2
USS Triumphant
Commodore

Re: Cylon #7 -crazy thought

On one hand, I like it. On the other, I don't like the somewhat sexist idea that it would introduce: that the reason Kara is a strong, kick-ass woman is that she is secretly a dude.
Old February 14 2009, 08:23 PM   #3
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

If Starbuck is "Daniel", wouldn't she be Dana Thrace?
Old February 14 2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Maybe, but I suspect she's just a human who was resurrected. Because humans = Cylons. They're precisely the same, and any dead human can be rebuilt by resurrection tech as easily as any nominal "Cylon."
Old February 14 2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Soar_Dude
Lieutenant Commander

Explaination Starbuck Kara She crashed on earth died the Earth resurrection equipment in orbit replaced the dead one. That is the reason she glowed like the others. I have a feeling the Daniel is Baltaar.
Old February 14 2009, 08:39 PM   #6
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Soar_Dude wrote: View Post
Explaination Starbuck Kara She crashed on earth died the Earth resurrection equipment in orbit replaced the dead one. That is the reason she glowed like the others.
I agree, the Cylons from Earth and the humans now are so close together that something from Earth made a new Starbuck.

Dan can be Starbuck, wouldn't rule it out.

I think it could be Zac Adama, or a piano player, the piano player is more likely. I heard Starbuck's dad, that's possible too.

Or it could be no one and explains why there were 12 and not 13 and why there is no 7. It has no other meaning than John is a bitch.
Old February 14 2009, 08:44 PM   #7
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

In fact, doesn't Starbuck's resurrection mean there's a perfectly serviceable resurrection hub of some capacity somewhere on or near Earth? That she is something really close to Cylon, if not exactly? Shouldn't the 5 see that?

I'm convinced they're going to go back to Earth.
Old February 14 2009, 08:51 PM   #8
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
In fact, doesn't Starbuck's resurrection mean there's a perfectly serviceable resurrection hub of some capacity somewhere on or near Earth? That she is something really close to Cylon, if not exactly? Shouldn't the 5 see that?

That or their going to find that colony Cavil mentioned.
Old February 14 2009, 09:02 PM   #9
Danoz
Rear Admiral

I had thought about this, that she somehow is the reincarnation of Daniel.
Old February 14 2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Tom
Rear Admiral

Myasishchev wrote: View Post

But then how would you explain the new viper?

I think Daniel is the one that was appearing as leoben in her dreams in 'Maelstrom' and is out there orchestrating some events.
Old February 14 2009, 09:48 PM   #11
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

^I dunno, fabrication facility. If you can rebuild a human body, a Viper should be doable, assuming the infrastructure is there. Even more reason to reinvestigate Earth.
Old February 14 2009, 09:56 PM   #12
Lookingglassman
Admiral

If Starbuck was a Cylon and was "resurrected" how come she dont have no memories of waking up in the goo bath?
Old February 14 2009, 10:05 PM   #13
kdalton_69
Commander

For the same reason none of the Final Five do - her memories were wiped.

Ellen says Daniel was an artist.

Hmmmmm .... Kara is an artist.
Old February 15 2009, 01:01 AM   #14
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

There's actually another interesting connection between Kara and the final five: The pattern Kara always used to paint as a child aka the Maelstrom. It's quite possible she got this from her dad (if he is / was Daniel) who could have it from the final five. Plus he was an artist even more so than Kara might be considered to be.
Old February 15 2009, 01:02 AM   #15
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I think Daniel is Starbuck's pop...Ellen said he was artistic, Starbuck's dad was Philip Glass (Valley of Darkness reference - Get it?)... Starbuck is the original Hybrid, take a hike Hera.