RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,689
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 500
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 166 64.84%
Above Average 68 26.56%
Average 13 5.08%
Below Average 8 3.13%
Poor 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14 2009, 05:53 AM   #76
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Oh, and kudos to the team for tonight's opening "scroll"...very good. A noob could actually see this one and follow along. Good job.

Also, surprised nobody noticed this:

John frakked his mother.
John was made in his grandfather's image.
So, he got off on frakking his mother and the theater of her frakking her own father...while at the same time torturing his own father, Tigh, in his prison on New Caprica.

You know, the only one he hasn't personally toyed with his Tory. I wonder why. She seems awfully happy and willing to go off and join the Cylons.
Old February 14 2009, 05:56 AM   #77
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

She seems awfully happy and willing to go off and join the Cylons.
He might see that as well. Perhaps the Final Five didn't have completely unified front.

Oh Tory and Tyrol? They seem mismatched as a couple.

Sharr
Old February 14 2009, 06:06 AM   #78
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Woo hoo! Another excellent. This means I've graded everything from The Hub until now an Excellent. It could only happen on BSG, folks!

I'm impressed at how seamlessly Ron and Co. put the mythology together considering how much was made up along the way. I'm calling it now: Daniel is in the fleet. At least one model got away.
Old February 14 2009, 06:13 AM   #79
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Why did the 5 bother with resurrection tech. if they had an interstellar ship in orbit?
Old February 14 2009, 06:20 AM   #80
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Kelso wrote: View Post
Why did the 5 bother with resurrection tech. if they had an interstellar ship in orbit?
They might have had academic reasons to study it, and no doubt everlasting life seemed appealing - the ship was also not FTL capable.

Sharr
Old February 14 2009, 06:28 AM   #81
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Kelso wrote: View Post
They might have had academic reasons to study it, and no doubt everlasting life seemed appealing -

Sharr
I got the impression that they were specifically studying resurrection tech. to survive the coming apocalypse. Speaking of which, I wonder who warned them.

the ship was also not FTL capable.
Obviously.
Old February 14 2009, 06:48 AM   #82
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Oh, and kudos to the team for tonight's opening "scroll"...very good. A noob could actually see this one and follow along. Good job.
Yes. Glad you mentioned that. It was a good opening. I wonder if they'll be winding the show down with openings like this one.

Also, surprised nobody noticed this:

John frakked his mother.
John was made in his grandfather's image.
So, he got off on frakking his mother and the theater of her frakking her own father...while at the same time torturing his own father, Tigh, in his prison on New Caprica.
Good catch. Makes the guy even more screwed up.
Old February 14 2009, 06:48 AM   #83
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

"EM spectrum" "Prehensile" "Supernova" "Amniotic fluid"

Awwww. Ain't that cute. BSG's trying to pretend that it's sci-fi.
Old February 14 2009, 06:51 AM   #84
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Also:

If Ellen is the mother of the Cylons, then Tigh is the father. They are Adam and Eve. When she first meets Boomer, she offered her an apple. So we have Eve offering one of her children "the apple." She tempts her to betray John, and, in the end, she does. It's stuff like that that makes me love this show.
Old February 14 2009, 06:53 AM   #85
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Excellent, though I'm going to need to rewatch it to get the details and collect some of the parts I missed. I loved the amount of mythology that they packed into this episode. I would just like to say that while I never actually got on here and posted because my posting had dropped off of late, I was actually thinking there was 13 cylons for a little bit now. The thing that triggered the thoughts in me was the fact that in the Opera house scenes, there were six glowing curtains instead of five.

So, what I got out of tonight was that Cavil is the biggest anti-human skinjob in the group because he hates himself so much. It's an interesting concept. I appreciate how they were finally depicting the way that the Galactica has taken a beating over the past several years. It's high time that the ship started to show some wear-and-tear, and not just the outer hull visuals. I know she had little to do with tonight, but I would just like to take this moment to say that I have absolutely hated Tory ever since the final five revelation. I like how the "head-characters" got a reference as something... but based on what was said, I think the show has some more very bad turn of events coming at them

I'm having an theory about Kara and others. Kara resurrected. Roslin and Baltar had head-people appear to them (though I'm not sure if I want to write off Roslin's delusions of the priestess as just being off her drugs). What if the 12 colonies are more "cylony" than they know or want to believe? Also, it would explain why Baltar survived the initial nukes... he didn't. He died with Caprica Six and resurrected. What if Kara, Baltar, Roslin, and two others are the "new" final five for when this all happens again?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old February 14 2009, 06:56 AM   #86
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I remember early on that people weren't happy about Kobol being the origin of man and Earth being a colony. I wonder how these people feel about that now, or do we know enough to say that this is how it happened?
Old February 14 2009, 06:59 AM   #87
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Oh, also: To those who were calling out the scroll at the beginning of the series about the Cylons having a plan.... I don't know about anyone else, but it sounded like there were some plans being described in this episode!

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old February 14 2009, 06:59 AM   #88
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

I was impressed with the way they weaved Cavil's villain-ness into the Final Five. Feels a bit ret-conny but it made a twisted amount of sense.
Old February 14 2009, 07:01 AM   #89
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

It also makes sense of his name, eg. Cavil. One cavils, eg. objects, to something. I said sometime ago that his name is reflective of his character. Now we know. He objects to being human in any way. He hates himself. He hates humans. He hates the Five, Ellen in particular.
Old February 14 2009, 07:04 AM   #90
ialfan
Fleet Captain

It was a quiet episode but I really enjoyed it. I just feel a little cheated we didn't find out about the whole deal with the head people, one true god, opera house and whatnot else.