Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 166 64.84%
Above Average 68 26.56%
Average 13 5.08%
Below Average 8 3.13%
Poor 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14 2009, 05:25 AM   #61
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post
4. Along the way, the find the Temple of Hopes.
They reprogrammed the temple to display their images right? That's what I got.
Nope Ellen said she had nothing to do with it and "The One True God must have orchestrated it"

*Did Cavil imply he knows of alien life?

Sharr
Old February 14 2009, 05:25 AM   #62
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
So, back to the timeline here and all, let's see if we can sort this out, correct me if I'm wrong:

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away (ok, maybe not that far away) the 13 Tribes set out from Kobol. The 13th tribe were all Cylons created by the other 12 tribes, and that 13th tribe settled Earth.

Move on through time and the 13th tribe of Cylons on Earth creates their own mechanical Cylons, who rebel against them. The "final 5" were working on "re-inventing" resurrection technology and parked a ship in orbit around Earth so when the nukes hit they resurrected.

Then they set off in their non-FTL capable ship at sublight speeds to find the other 12 colonies to warn them about creating mechanical Cylons, only by the time they got there, 2,000 years later due to time dilation, it was too late.

So they met the Centurions who had already tried to make skinjobs, but only got as far as the Hybrids. So the "final 5" helped them the rest of the way and created 8 Cylon models, and for a time there was peace, until the skinjobs decided to attack the 12 colonies of course and then the final 5 were killed by Cavil and sent to live with the humans cause he is an ass.

That sound about right?
One thing that is bugging me a little is why did only Cavil know about the 5? Why didn't the others know about them? Did Cavil 'kill' them before the others were 'born', but after they were created as embryo type things?

And Boomer refered to Simons doing the surgery on Ellen. Did Cavil just trust them and tell them at that point, or do all the Cavils, Simons, and Dorals know about the 5?
Old February 14 2009, 05:25 AM   #63
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Brent wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I was really intregued by the 8 models comment. If my math is correct, 8 plus 5 is 13, but there are only 12 models in which we know of. Does that confirm that Starbuck is the last model?

This episode was fantastic, but there is so much to digest that I can't write too much about it now.
Danielle is the model Cavil killed, whoever he is.
Ok, so that's how they got to twelve. I wonder if we're going to get an episode based on Model 7.
Old February 14 2009, 05:26 AM   #64
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Now we finally know where the skinjobs came from.
My question is, WHY did the Centurions want to create skinjobs in the first place?

They created the Hybrids, but why were they trying to create skinjobs at all?

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 14 2009, 05:26 AM   #65
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

That's what "John" thought, but Ellen said that they didn't do it. She thought it was God's doing...
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
Old February 14 2009, 05:26 AM   #66
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I was really intregued by the 8 models comment. If my math is correct, 8 plus 5 is 13, but there are only 12 models in which we know of. Does that confirm that Starbuck with the last model?
No Seven was said to be a guy named Daniel that Cavil aka John killed.

though I have to wonder if maybe one of the Sevens survived and may have gotten to Colonies as is in fact Kara's father.
Old February 14 2009, 05:31 AM   #67
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Another case of Cavil/Cylon hypocracy...Cavil complains about the humans enslaving his Centurion brothers but he went out and did the same thing!
Old February 14 2009, 05:34 AM   #68
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Ellen just rocks!

Sharr
I've hated Ellen from her very first scene. But no longer.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
Old February 14 2009, 05:35 AM   #69
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Yeah, I have to say I was impressed with Ellen tonight.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 14 2009, 05:37 AM   #70
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Hey this is just speculation but if they find where ever the Ressurection technology prototype you think they can bring A Diana back?
Old February 14 2009, 05:41 AM   #71
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Nope Ellen said she had nothing to do with it and "The One True God must have orchestrated it"
So it looks like we really do have another force out there. That fact is a little more tangible now. Dirk Benedict in a surprise appearance? I'm still hoping. That and the Starbuck mystery are left, along with the ultimate fate of mankind and the Cylons.

*Did Cavil imply he knows of alien life?
If so, Olmos will walk.
Old February 14 2009, 05:42 AM   #72
Racer_X
Commander

So...the timeline:

1. Kobol is abandoned 4000 years ago. Humans to the Colonies. Cylons to Earth.

3. 2000 years ago, "the Five" rediscover resurrection tech. War with the Centurions breaks out. They are transposed to "the Colony." They leave to find humanity to warn them, because they believe in the cycle of time.
So it sounds like the humans and Cylons parted ways at Kobol. In that case, how would the Colonies know of Earth? And how would the Final Five know of the Colonies and where to find them? If there was a war that started the original exodus from Kobol, why would they have stayed in touch?!? I'm sure the Sacred Scrolls/Pythia/Arrow of Apollo/Tomb of Athena comes into play here, but do we understand how?
Old February 14 2009, 05:42 AM   #73
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I was really intregued by the 8 models comment. If my math is correct, 8 plus 5 is 13, but there are only 12 models in which we know of. Does that confirm that Starbuck with the last model?
No Seven was said to be a guy named Daniel that Cavil aka John killed.

though I have to wonder if maybe one of the Sevens survived and may have gotten to Colonies as is in fact Kara's father.
Hmmm, maybe Seven's story runs parallel to Boomer/Athena insofar as they take parallel arcs that eventually fold back on each other.

One Seven survives and goes on to become Kara's father.The other Seven is either boxed but able to project its mind outside the box and / or another physical Seven. Rather than go to the Colonies, it goes in the other direction and follows the steps of the Five. It reprograms the Temple. It's also the one that leaves the virus on the ancient buoy.

So, maybe we have two or three Sevens now. Kara is the daughter of one of them. The Virtuals are manifestation of one or more others. Another may be in the fleet.
Old February 14 2009, 05:45 AM   #74
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

My favorite part was when Mulder came back to the show and testified to the panel about the truth.

Hmmm....I'm starting to suspect one of the five is Kara's dad...well, there's only 3 candidates there. Tigh? (oh, yeah forgot about that Daniel mentioned...)

Ellen mentioned Cavil/John doing things that one of his copies did (he couldn't counsel Tyrol and help the resistance on Caprica at the same time). Are they all of the same mind?

There are still centurians on John's forces...yet they took the rebels' side and John knew that. So...what up with that? Reprogram 'em? Make some new ones?

I appreciated Adama's agonizing of using cylon bio-tech to repair Galactica. Even he holds onto some of the prejudices that caused the munity against him.
Old February 14 2009, 05:48 AM   #75
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

it's not Danielle . . . that's a girl's name
and Danial is an obscure spelling so it's definitely Daniel