Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 166 64.84%
Above Average 68 26.56%
Average 13 5.08%
Below Average 8 3.13%
Poor 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14 2009, 02:18 AM   #31
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Brent wrote: View Post
Berg417448 wrote: View Post
I bet we won't get many answers tonight, but it'll still be good
Spoilers say we will get several answers.
I'm staying away from spoilers for BSG
So am I. I think I'm getting more psyched for this one more than the one last week, and last week got me really excited. With all the issues I have with the show, these final 10 episodes are reminding me of Season 1 a bit. It's been a while since that happened.
Old February 14 2009, 02:21 AM   #32
Agent Richard07
Admiral

People don't have to stay away from spoilers. They've been doing a very good job of keeping a lid on the last 10 episodes.
Old February 14 2009, 02:22 AM   #33
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Hopefully this episode will continue NuBSG 4.5s streak of awesomeness.
Old February 14 2009, 02:27 AM   #34
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Hopefully this episode will continue NuBSG 4.5s streak of awesomeness.
Yeah even though I wasn't all that thrilled with "Disquiet..." Looking at the big picture it did it's job, but as a single episode, it wasn't as good as the rest.
Old February 14 2009, 02:41 AM   #35
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
People don't have to stay away from spoilers. They've been doing a very good job of keeping a lid on the last 10 episodes.
SCIFI previews give away too much though

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 14 2009, 03:27 AM   #36
nx1701g
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
SCIFI previews give away too much though
Thats true (example: Season Three finale promo "We're Cylons")
Old February 14 2009, 05:02 AM   #37
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

What the FRAK just happened?

Dang

So much information in one episode, I did NOT expect that. This is the episode I've been waiting for.

Gonna take some time to let it settle and figure out everything.

Oh yeah, "Excellent" duh

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 14 2009, 05:03 AM   #38
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

FRAKKING EXCELLENT!!!

It's amazing just how good this season has been. Finally, we get some long-awaited answers about the Cylons as well as a new question or two. Exposition-heavy but it works here.

Great performance turned in by Dean Stockwell, with good ones by Michael Trucco and Kate Vernon. Tigh and Ellen as a couple if just plain bizarre but Michael Hogan made that scene work. Really good scene on Colonial One between Lee and Roslin. Though limited as it was, the B-plot involving Galactica was good too.

The new opening is great and I liked the scene with Ellen and the Centurion. Who was the brain surgeon?
Old February 14 2009, 05:04 AM   #39
Vonstadt
Captain

"Get me the Chief.....Do whatever it takes to save our girl"

I love the Old Man!

And the Chief is once more the Chief!!

All of that and some answers too, still feels a tad contrived but overall I liked it.

Excellent from me.

I loved seeing the wear and tear on Galactica and seeing the damage control teams crawling around trying to fix her.

The Centurion putting away its claws was a nice touch too.
Old February 14 2009, 05:07 AM   #40
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Above average.

Lots of good revelations, just wasn't riveting or edge of my seat like BSG can be. And I'm starting to think I was right that when these questions begin to be answered, some of the splendour and wondor of the BSG world would slightly wane. It's like when they went onto the Cylon baseship in s3, that terrifying mystery of what the cylons were all about from "33" started to go away. I think the same thing is going to happen when all the angles of this show tie up. Now, this episode is a good indication that it will be great nonetheless, but still, I don't think anything they could come up with can be completely satisfying, given the totally mind blowing questions that have been swimming in my head for the last few seasons.

P.S. Noticed a continuity error... Caprica 6 refers to there being "weeks" between now and the last episode, but that clearly doesn't gel with the rest of the episode, where it seems like the next day at the latest.
Old February 14 2009, 05:07 AM   #41
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Mind blowing, so much information I'm gonna need a little while to process what it all means.

Kate Vernon and Dean Stockwell had a great bit of contentious chemistry in those scenes. Ellen truly is the mother of all Cylons.

Danial hmmm...

Sharr
Old February 14 2009, 05:09 AM   #42
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

This episode should have been called Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About NuBSG But Were Afraid to Ask.
Old February 14 2009, 05:10 AM   #43
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

They actually do a verbally exposition heavy story AND make it about the characters.

So...the timeline:

1. Kobol is abandoned 4000 years ago. Humans to the Colonies. Cylons to Earth.

2. 3000 years ago, the Cylons stop and build the Temple of Hopes.

3. 2000 years ago, "the Five" rediscover resurrection tech. War with the Centurions breaks out. They are transposed to "the Colony." They leave to find humanity to warn them, because they believe in the cycle of time.

4. Along the way, the find the Temple of Hopes.

5. They arrive too late because of no jump drives. 1000's of years pass but they remain young. The First Cylon War is going on.

6. The Five agree to give the Cylons resurrection tech, create skinjobs, etc. in exchange for them stopping the war, learning the Centurions believe in one true loving god.

7. They make Eight models. John turns on them, kills Daniel (Seven), suffocates the Five, blocks access to their memories, and sends them to the Colonies with hopes of teaching them about humanity's evil, killing them in the Apocalypse, and then gaining their approval when they resurrect.

8. The story as we know it.

Okay, that actually makes sense.

Now, with all of that...what's missing in the cycle of time...The Centurions now have free will. If so, then I suspect Cavil's group (and maybe the others) will wind up with a Centurion problem soon.

I'm going to guess that Daniel is the Virtual Cylon. It's an artist, so it manifests itself by way of projection,and we know Cylons project different environments. The box may be permanent, but the mind may still be active. The Five saw different "warnings," a woman, a man, etc. So, perhaps that's Daniel trying to warn them, being perceived differently.
Old February 14 2009, 05:11 AM   #44
Agent Richard07
Admiral

backstept wrote: View Post
I'm hoping this episode is heavy on the mythology, and exposition without being like an encyclopedia entry
gotta be a balance in there
That's pretty much what we got. Hope you liked it anyway.

I know I did.

Anyway... Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. That's 3 excellent episodes in a row. This show has done drama AND mythology very well lately and I expect more come next week.

I found myself actually leaning forward a lot of the time trying to listen and absorb what was said. I guess I really can say I was on the edge of my seat. We didn't get a tease, we got answers and lots of them.

I was right about something too. I mean besides Ellen's scenes being in the past. I asked myself this... With a whole planet full of Cylons on Earth, why did these five resurrect? I figured that they were five researchers in a facility who found a way to reincarnate elsewhere and did so after the attack. I got that part right.

I was also glad to see Dean Stockwell back. I didn't know when he'd show up again. He really delivered. Loved the Cavil stuff. Looks like pretty much everything that went on in the show was his doing. The doing of an angry child. And by the way, that mother & son moment between him and Ellen was fantastic and quite believable despite how it looked. I also liked his earlier rant about hating his humanness and wanting to be a machine. It was a reversal of a common theme about a man-made creation wanting to be more human.

Another big surprise was how they worked out the No.7 problem. I can't wait to see where this Daniel thing goes. For now it looks like a clever move.

P.S. I wish they'd get those episode descriptions right. Anders wasn't on the basestar.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; February 14 2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old February 14 2009, 05:12 AM   #45
Swarles Barkley
Commodore

Wow that was great. Excellent, in fact. Season 4.5 has been so consistently top notch so far, that it kinda pisses me off that seasons 3 and 4.0 were overall so pale in comparison. I'm not sure I could have handled this level of awesomeness for two full seasons though.

All these revelations about the nature of the skinjobs and the five, the one true God being a Centurion concept...wow. Dean Stockwell was downright scary in this episode. And having the Chief back where he belongs...and Doc Cottle! Hell it deserves an "Excellent" just for having the "I'm a PC" guy playing a brain surgeon operating on a Toaster. So many levels of irony there! Add in a nice Roslin/Lee scene, and the Old Man's great line to the Chief at the end..."Do whatever it takes to save our girl." Just awesome. Frak I am going to miss this show!!