*~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Gates

Gates Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Never liked Sara and always found Catherine to be a better match for Gil.

Ah, and my first was BonC followed by M/S and then J/C came along and I was hooked on them too. :D

and thank you *blushes*

2. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exactly! :cool:

3. Cheile

Cheile Ensign Red Shirt

hi Gates and PK :D

i ship all over the place....and Tach i'll just have to disagree on the O/K part. there was still tension in the midst of their deepening bond (see the beginning of "Tears of the Prophets" where they have their first fight....and poor Odo thinks she will split with him over it!) and "Chimera".

(okay i'll quit talking about a DS9 couple in the J/C thread haha)

4. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Wow! :eek: You guys are into a bunch of different 'ships. :lol: I have to admit that it never even occurred to me that there would be CSI shippers. I mean, those CSI shows are so process-oriented! Never really think about those guys having a personal life.

Anyway, as for me, I care(ed) about the following, with varying degrees of craziness:

Scifi Shows:
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy/Angel
    Farscape - John/Aeryn (pretty much every Farscape fan cares about this though)
    Babylon 5 - John Sheridan/Delenn
    Star Trek: Voyager - J/C
    Roswell: Max/Liz, Michael/Maria (this show is a regular shipper's paradise, ladies :lol: )

Non-Scifi Shows:
    Grey's Anatomy - Derek/Meridith

I think that's about it. I mean, I liked the fact that Mulder and Scully finally hooked up at the end of The X-Files, for example...but it wasn't essential for me.

I don't care about any other 'ships in any Trek shows, and I don't care about any in the other scifi shows I watch(ed) - BSG, Smallville, Lost, nuWho, Stargate (either one), Life on Mars, Heroes, etc

Don't care about any in other non-scifi shows either. But I only really watch NCIS and Grey's Anatomy, so that's not saying much. :lol:

The only CSI I like is Miami...and I don't even watch that one regularly or anything.

5. PKTrekGirl

I'll address this separately, cus I wouldn't want you to have to read a single WORD of my fascinating post about shipping.:lol:

But yeah, I've never read the Relaunch. But don't YOU start with me too! :scream:

:lol:

6. Tachyon

I was very much surprised when I first realized that there is actually CSI fanfic out there, as well.

For me Grissom/Willows, for instance, is not really a 'ship', but during the earlier seasons a thought of them pairing up crossed my mind. But I am a long way of following the series passionately and writing a fic about them. :)

My Mulder and Scully obsession was really an obsession in the late 90s. X-Files aired about six months behind US and I had to get my weekly fix of M/S in the site called "Institution Of The Relationshippers", where all shippy moments in episodes were written down. Man, I really got it bad back then. :lol:

J/C, which is stil going pretty strong after years and years of series finale. J/C fandom is so active and once they get you, there's no way of escaping. Especially when I am a post-Endgame shipper through and through. :lol:

There has not been other ships since J/C, which would have got me as hooked as I were with M/S and as I still somewhat are with J/C.

7. Cheile

Cheile Ensign Red Shirt

yea i ship all over the place. ;) i love John/Aeryn too, PK, tho i haven't seen too much of Farscape (YET!! they need to lower the price of the DVDs already...eesh!)

i've skimmed some CSI Miami fic and there are a lot of ppl who ship Calleigh with either Horatio or Eric. if i were to ship Miami, i'd probly see her more with Eric.

Che's current list of 'ships:
    Trek - J/C, P/T, Kim/Seven, Imzadi, Odo/Kira, Worf/Jadzia, Trip/T'Pol
    Trek books - Calhoun/Shelby (New Frontier), Duffy/Gomez (SCE *cries*), Stevens/Corsi (also SCE)
    Law and Order: SVU - Stabler/Benson
    NCIS - Tony/Ziva
    Cold Case - Rush/Valens
    Potterverse - Draco/Hermione

as the Vulcans say....IDIC! ;)

8. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So that's why I'm still obsessed with J/C! It's all their fault, crazy fandom! :lol:

I always rooted for the obvious couples. BonC, M/S, and one of my favorites: Lois and Clark, but I never even knew what the word "ship" meant until J/C or that fan fic even existed!

9. PKTrekGirl

What do you mean by 'post-Endgame shipper'? You mean, under the assumption that Janeway changed the timeline so much that the whole thing happened quite differently?

I'm NOT a fan of Endgame and pretend it doesn't exist. Not only for J/C reasons, but for what it did to Janeway in general. That's a topic for another thread...but I basically ignore Endgame.

Wow! You do alot! :lol:

Just a few comments about the shows on your list I actually watch.

CSI-Miami - I don't really care about 'shipping that show. But I could live with Calleigh/Eric. That one would make sense, I think. I don't catch this show all the time, but it's the only CSI I really like, so I at least know all the characters, etc.

NCIS - I don't really care about shipping this show either. But Tony/Ziva is just BOUND to happen. Probably right before the show ends or one of them moves to a spinoff...but I can't imagine this not happening. The writers have REALLY lead the audience in that direction, IMO.

But then....as everyone in this thread is painfully aware, writers ARE capable of leading you on and dropping you on your head too. :lol: So we'll see.

Still, ever since that one episode where they played the married couple assassins, I thought this one was in the cards.

Cold Case - Forgot about this show, even though I do watch it (mostly in reruns though as I only discovered it a few months ago). I LOVE this show. Not sure if I want Rush & Vallens to hook up or not. I really liked her with that one guy - the drug rehab murder 'victim' who turned out to not be dead after all. But I don't guess he's coming back. Too bad, cus I liked him.

Oh...and just for the record, I may be a Niner...but I HATE Kira/Odo. I mean, I really, REALLY hate it. I find it incredibly creepy.

I would have rather her have ended up with MU Bareil. :p I mean, after he got his act together and stopped being...oh....a CRIMINAL. :lol:

10. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, responding to what someone said upthread regarding Paris/Janeway - I remember getting a feel that he was somehow interested in her at least in 'Caretaker' from the way he said 'I'm all yours...' when she came to get him out of the penal colony.

Then again, he was the ship's resident womanizer. It may have been the writers' way of making this abundantly clear.

That, or he was just trying to mess with her in his sneaky way.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Before the show started, TPTB were asked if the show had a male lead and "they" said that it was Tom Paris, and that it was their plan all along to match him with Janeway...

It took them two years follow through with this promise and they balked it up so badly that they never wanted to admit that it was a possibility ever or again.

J/C is fun because it was never going to happen or never could happen.

J/P is tragic because it was executed so badly and became a pit.

I like to think she thought she was going to get mark back when she got back to Earth. I cried reading that book where Janeway became best buddies with Janeway's exfiances NEW WIFE. Tripe.

DELETE THE WIFE!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  12. Gates

"Delete the wife" was such a great line, even though I hated Fairhaven.

13. Tachyon

Paris/Janeway was most definitely hinted in the early episodes.

14. Gates

But the naturalness of J/C shone through early too :D

15. Tachyon

It did. And perhaps it was the reason why Paris/Janeway was dropped pretty quickly... you never know. ;)

16. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

My favourite VOY ships include Kes/Neelix, Naomi/Neelix (he's got a thing for the younguns), Harry/Seven, Janeway/Seven, Harry/Janeway, Paris/Harry, Harry/B'Elanna, Seska/Chakotay, Harry/Seska, Chakotay/B'Elanna, Icheb/Seven, Icheb/Q (son of Q), Paris/annoying kid fromTime and Again, Cary/B'elanna, Naomi/Seven, Kes/Doctor.

My favourite other Trek ships: Jake/Nog, Bahir/Obien, Obrien/Kira, Sisko/Dukat, Dukat/Wynn, Sisko/Opaka, Rom/Quark, Quark/Odo, Odo/Lwaxana (Though I HATED the episodes with her)

Riker/Shelby, Geordi/Data, Wesley/Traveller, Worf/Spot

Hoshi/Mayweather, Reed/Hayes, Trip/Reed, Archer/Hoshi, Phlox/Porthos.

Kirk/Spock, Sulu/Farrell, Sulu/Uhura, Chekov/Scotty, Kirk/Uhura, Riley/Chapell, Rand/Sulu, Kirk/Charlie

17. Tachyon

I mean that I prefer to read and write fic taking place after the events of Endgame in Alpha Quadrant without trying to change what has happened in canon. Of course one can always make assumptions what could have happened between the scenes and episodes. ;) So in a another words, J/C getting married on Voyager, for instance, is not my cup of tea.

Im not a huge fan of Endgame either. I hate the time-travelling part, C/7 with passion, Borg stuff saving the day (yet again), etc. I have all Voyager seasons on DVD and Endgame is one of those episodes, which I don't watch very often. Overall, season 7 box is the one collecting the most dust. Only handful of really good episodes in it. It was more or less apparent that TPTB were already busy with ENT and couldn't care less about making a good and solid last season for Voyager. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I haven't been able to sit through the last half of Season 7 since it aired. :(

19. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Thanks, es. :)

20. crusher

crusher Lieutenant Red Shirt

Started off in the shpper world with Mulder/Scully then on to Picard/Crusher and then J/C. Also like P/T but the thought of C/7 just makes me want to hurl. I mean what were the writers thinking oh yes they weren't thinking.