TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 41 58.57%
Above Average 23 32.86%
Average 4 5.71%
Below Average 1 1.43%
Poor 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13 2009, 01:41 AM   #91
Daosx
Captain

Re: Lost 5x05: "This Place is Death"

I scanned some of the comment. Am I the only one that thinks Ben kills Locke when he "pays him a visit" because he realizes he is unwilling to recruit Jin to come back?
Also, does anyone think that the reason Ben is never afraid to die is because he's seen the future and knows when and how he dies? And that the reason he is so fast and loose with other peoples lives is because he knows that at some point in the future, they are dead, and he cannot make them die sooner or later?
Old February 13 2009, 01:44 AM   #92
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Jaron wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
Briefly getting back to Smokey, I can't help but wonder if that temple is the same one the Others were suppose to head to at the end season 3.
I assumed it was, which makes you think, why would it allow them near it. Perhaps because of Richard? Possibility at least...
Or the same thing that happened to Danielle's team happened to the Others and they've been brainwashed/enlightened/smokemonstered.
Another good reason, that could explain why they are all crazy and want to protect the Island and are willing to kill for it, hrmmm, that would make a lot of sense

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 13 2009, 01:51 AM   #93
Gertch
Admiral

Briefly getting back to Smokey, I can't help but wonder if that temple is the same one the Others were suppose to head to at the end season 3.
It could be but there are plenty of other structures (ruins) we've seen so there could be more than one temple.

Daosx wrote: View Post
Also, does anyone think that the reason Ben is never afraid to die is because he's seen the future and knows when and how he dies?
I think he's confident about playing people. Like when he stopped the van and had the "outburst." He was playing them. I just finished watching again and he's definitely gaining more control over them again.

He's awesome!
Old February 13 2009, 01:54 AM   #94
chrisspringob
Commodore

Daosx wrote: View Post
Also, does anyone think that the reason Ben is never afraid to die is because he's seen the future and knows when and how he dies? And that the reason he is so fast and loose with other peoples lives is because he knows that at some point in the future, they are dead, and he cannot make them die sooner or later?
Yeah, I posited this some time ago with regard to Ben. I was thinking specifically about the scene between him and Widmore from last season, where Widmore asks if he's come to kill him, and Ben says something like "We both know that's not possible". I was thinking that they both have some info from the future, which indicates that they're both alive at some point in the future, which means that nothing can be done to make them die before that point in the timeline.
Old February 13 2009, 02:24 AM   #95
zengoth
Fleet Captain

nice ep.
hopefully fixing the wheel stops the time jumping for awhile.
watching so much trek, i kept flashing on the ep where Sisko gets stuck in time and watches his son age. and like Janeway, temporal stuff gives me a headache (but not a nosebleed).

i think a lot of fans will become more and more polarized as these stories wind up. ABC admits viewership is down, but luckily for us, the show is definitely going to see its full run - so score one for loyal fans. Too many good series dragged on way past their expiration date. Good to see a show that has a fully-realized plan.

I hope (and expect) to see many - if not most - characters again who we've seen bite the dust. The cosmic interconnectivity between all the myriad personalities is one of the joys of the show, imo - call it fate, predestination, karma - what goes around comes around (especially if you have to turn a wheel)

By the way, if there are Jeremy Davies fans out there, be sure to check him out in Million Dollar Hotel and CQ - he definitely takes interesting roles.
Old February 13 2009, 02:38 AM   #96
Mr Light
Admiral

I don't think its a mystery how Locke dies; he hangs himself to convince the others to return. Remember when Jack-Beard reads the article of his death and is so visibly stricken? Locke killed himself to finally "get" to the O6. I'm sure we're going to get a very emotional sad-music scene of Locke getting up on the chair with the rope around his neck.

Old February 13 2009, 02:42 AM   #97
Gertch
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I don't think its a mystery how Locke dies; he hangs himself to convince the others to return. Remember when Jack-Beard reads the article of his death and is so visibly stricken? Locke killed himself to finally "get" to the O6. I'm sure we're going to get a very emotional sad-music scene of Locke getting up on the chair with the rope around his neck.
Old February 13 2009, 03:25 AM   #98
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^

LJ

LJ2
Old February 13 2009, 08:15 AM   #99
Hermiod
Admiral

Poor.

Charlotte blurts out all of her backstory and then dies. Sorry, no way, not having that.
Old February 13 2009, 12:32 PM   #100
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

I agree the Charlotte angle was weak, although I have a feeling her story (and Miles') were messed up due to the strike last year. Oh, well. Now Charlotte has gone down into the depths of Libby. Hopefully we'll get more of both of their stories along the line.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 13 2009, 04:21 PM   #101
I Grok Spock
Fleet Captain

Now Charlotte has gone down into the depths of Libby.
I hope this is a bonus feature on the season 5 DVDs.
Old February 13 2009, 05:48 PM   #102
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

I see Charlotte more as Nikki and Paulo.
Old February 14 2009, 09:39 AM   #103
PluckyNinja
Lieutenant Commander

Faraday is Cylon #7.
An angel visited this gray path,
and took the cube away.
Old February 14 2009, 03:31 PM   #104
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Ah, good. I wasn't the only person who thought that last night.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 15 2009, 01:52 AM   #105
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Flukie wrote: View Post

I see Charlotte more as Nikki and Paulo.
Charlotte and Miles were way more interesting and had a better intro than Nikki and Paulo ever dreamed of!

Faraday is almost Desmond-worth in interest though

LJ

LJ2