RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,573
Posts: 5,514,518
Members: 25,151
Currently online: 474
Newest member: slarlac249

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Rate the episode
Awesome! 8 44.44%
Above Average 4 22.22%
Average 6 33.33%
Um... yeah, whatever 0 0%
Who believes this crap? 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 3 2009, 12:39 AM   #1
the Dagman
Commodore
 
the Dagman's Avatar
 
Location: just north of Berkeley, CA
Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Finally! The hiatus is over and Chuck is back tonight! Grab your 3D glasses and enjoy some fun as we rejoin Chuck, Sarah, Casey and the Buy More gang.




See you all after Chuck and Heroes airs here on the west coast for my reactions. Enjoy!
__________________
The Dagman has left the building.
the Dagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Meredith
Vice Admiral
 
Meredith's Avatar
 
Location: Abh Space
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Where were we supposed to get our 3-D glasses from?
__________________
Laws only work if everyone is honest, no piece of paper is going to stop a truly deranged person from doing something atrocious.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 01:05 AM   #3
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Are the 3-D glasses your standard red/blue?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 02:08 AM   #4
Othello
Commodore
 
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Yeah.. I got some glasses.. nothing special so far.. :>(( Unless you don't count Yvonne inREALLY sexy lingerie an panties. :>))
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 02:30 AM   #5
Othello
Commodore
 
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Ok.. there was one with the knife.....
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:06 AM   #6
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Yeah, the whole 3-D thing didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped. Plus the glasses just made the rest of the episode harder to watch. I gave up after about 15 minutes.

That said, I thought the episode was hilarious.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:16 AM   #7
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral
 
Hanukkah Solo's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Dom Monaghan and Jerome Bettis were awesome guest stars. Overall it was a great episode, but the 3-D thing was ultimately pointless. I figured it would have involved something crucial to the plot, since they made such a big deal about it.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:40 AM   #8
the Dagman
Commodore
 
the Dagman's Avatar
 
Location: just north of Berkeley, CA
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

My vision in my right eye is whacked, so 3D has never worked for me. West coast airing starts in 20 minutes and I am in anxious anticipation.
__________________
The Dagman has left the building.
the Dagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 05:30 AM   #9
RobertVA
Fleet Captain
 
RobertVA's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia USA
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Meredith wrote: View Post
Where were we supposed to get our 3-D glasses from?
Look near Pepsi and SoBe Life Water displays in the grocery (or ask at the check out). There was a spot that said the episode would be available on-line.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Are the 3-D glasses your standard red/blue?
for some reason these are amber and blue, such a dark blue I can't see that much through that side.
RobertVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 06:52 AM   #10
acs12798
Captain
 
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

RobertVA wrote: View Post
Meredith wrote: View Post
Where were we supposed to get our 3-D glasses from?
Look near Pepsi and SoBe Life Water displays in the grocery (or ask at the check out). There was a spot that said the episode would be available on-line.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Are the 3-D glasses your standard red/blue?
for some reason these are amber and blue, such a dark blue I can't see that much through that side.
Part of reason for the amber and blue, supposedly, is that with that system, if you don't have the glasses, the show is still reasonably watchable.
acs12798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 10:44 AM   #11
the Dagman
Commodore
 
the Dagman's Avatar
 
Location: just north of Berkeley, CA
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

I really enjoyed the episode. But that 3D effect sure did give me a headache to watch. It was like my eyes were trying to focus for the entire episode. I blame NBC for that however. It was an obvious gimmick to try to hook in viewers after the 6 week break.

I will wager that Chuck wishes he was a lucid dreamer after the beginning of this episode. Yvonne can crawl all over me like that any time! I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot?
__________________
The Dagman has left the building.
the Dagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 10:53 AM   #12
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral
 
Hanukkah Solo's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

the Dagman wrote: View Post
I will wager that Chuck wishes he was a lucid dreamer after the beginning of this episode. Yvonne can crawl all over me like that any time! I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot?
<Director> And...cut!

<Zach Levi> Um, actually, could we try that one more time? I don't think I really nailed Chuck's...you know...confusion.

<Director> :: Alright, fine. Take forty-seven, and...
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 01:15 PM   #13
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Dubuque, IA
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

Skywalker wrote: View Post
the Dagman wrote: View Post
I will wager that Chuck wishes he was a lucid dreamer after the beginning of this episode. Yvonne can crawl all over me like that any time! I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot?
<Director> And...cut!

<Zach Levi> Um, actually, could we try that one more time? I don't think I really nailed Chuck's...you know...confusion.

<Director> :: Alright, fine. Take forty-seven, and...
And can Yvonne use her native accent in this take?
BenRoethig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 03:55 PM   #14
Othello
Commodore
 
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

BenRoethig wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
the Dagman wrote: View Post
I will wager that Chuck wishes he was a lucid dreamer after the beginning of this episode. Yvonne can crawl all over me like that any time! I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot?
<Director> And...cut!

<Zach Levi> Um, actually, could we try that one more time? I don't think I really nailed Chuck's...you know...confusion.

<Director> :: Alright, fine. Take forty-seven, and...
And can Yvonne use her native accent in this take?

MUCH hotter with the accent!!!
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 09:56 PM   #15
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral
 
firehawk12's Avatar
 
Location: EXILE + ATTON = GUUUUUUSH!!!! (pic by aimo)
Re: Chuck -2x12 -"Chuck vs. The Third Dimension"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILE

I just noticed the annoying directing tonight, which is odd since they do it every week.

Every time Chuck says something "meaningful", they cut to Sarah giving her pouty, furtive, longing looks. This week when Chuck was talking to "Charlie" (or whatever his name actually was in the episode), they cut to Sarah looking at Chuck five times. I get it, she CARES. I got it the first time... and the second time... and the hundredth time. It just feels like they're inserting cuts for the sake of inserting cuts. Either that, or they assume their audience consists of morons.
__________________
The best reason to watch Curling:
Johnson Sisters!

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.