RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,069
Posts: 5,397,871
Members: 24,732
Currently online: 533
Newest member: phurren

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old February 10 2009, 06:13 AM   #16
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Time Vortex
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

1. What is Kara? Guess: She's precisely what she feared she was in the Season opener...eg. "they" (whoever 'they' are) copied her consciousness perfectly and put it in a replicated body. (Considering one of the characters in Caprica, this seems likely and rather ironic...Cylon technology, from a Colonial perspective, has come full circle...) She's the ultimate hybrid.

2. What is/are the Virtuals? Are they projections of the group consciousness of all the victims of the holocaust on Earth? Maybe one is conveying the desires of one side and the other the other side? Maybe there's a disconnect between the conscious minds of the Final Five and their unconscious minds and they reflect these? Are they sui generis?
Peacemaker is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 06:41 AM   #17
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral
 
the_wildcard's Avatar
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

How is medication and products still being manufactured and distributed among the civillian fleet? Aren't they tired of using the same toothbrush and running out of toothpaste, floss and shaving cream!?
the_wildcard is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 07:13 AM   #18
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

ialfan wrote: View Post
What's Boomer been up to since "Downloaded" and why the change of heart?
Boomer's change of heart likely has to do with Athena and how she was eventually accepted as a member of the fleet. Athena literally stole Boomer's life, and she's pissed about it. I think most of Boomer's negative transformation comes out of hurt, so she's on Cavil's side of things because she knows she can never get her old Colonial life back.

It did happen rather suddenly, but you can infer that a lot of it happened behind the scenes.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 07:34 AM   #19
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain
 
hyzmarca's Avatar
 
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
1. What is Kara? Guess: She's precisely what she feared she was in the Season opener...eg. "they" (whoever 'they' are) copied her consciousness perfectly and put it in a replicated body. (Considering one of the characters in Caprica, this seems likely and rather ironic...Cylon technology, from a Colonial perspective, has come full circle...) She's the ultimate hybrid.
Perhaps Kara is Space Jesus.


My question is what does a Cylon bathroom look like and how does it operate? Surely, since they are indistinguishable from humans, they eat, drink, pee, and poop. Yet, their basestars are so different from human vessels in form that it would only be natural for their bathrooms to be just as different.
hyzmarca is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 07:41 AM   #20
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

^They project a bathroom in their minds.

In reality, there is poop all over the floor.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 02:01 PM   #21
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral
 
Location: Missile Command
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

the_wildcard wrote: View Post
How is medication and products still being manufactured and distributed among the civillian fleet? Aren't they tired of using the same toothbrush and running out of toothpaste, floss and shaving cream!?
It's all algae!

Algae cigarettes.

You'd think they'd picked up some edible or useable vegetation or something on Kobol or New Caprica (not a lotta time to do that) or algae planet, stick it under some grow lights.

And clothes...clothes wear out. Time to raid the basestar's Saks outlet.
MeanJoePhaser is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 03:55 PM   #22
Evil_Admiral
Commodore
 
Location: Near but never in Atlanta
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

hyzmarca wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post
1. What is Kara? Guess: She's precisely what she feared she was in the Season opener...eg. "they" (whoever 'they' are) copied her consciousness perfectly and put it in a replicated body. (Considering one of the characters in Caprica, this seems likely and rather ironic...Cylon technology, from a Colonial perspective, has come full circle...) She's the ultimate hybrid.
Perhaps Kara is Space Jesus.
No, Baltar is Jesus. =P
__________________
Amy: Please tell me you have a plan.
The Doctor: No, I have a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness.
Evil_Admiral is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 05:21 PM   #23
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

What's the deal with Hera and Baltar/Head Six?
At the end of Season 1 and at times in Season 2 it's implied Hera is the offspring of Baltar and Head-Six as opposed to Athena & Helo. Yet she certainly looks like Athena's kid...
Yet it hasn't been touched on for ages
Ethros is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 06:09 PM   #24
Garibaldi O'brien
Rear Admiral
 
Garibaldi O'brien's Avatar
 
Location: FL, USA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

A possible origin of the "head" characters is explained in the "Caprica" footage that has been floating around on-line for a while.



I am very interested to see if BSG is going to put another take on the Head characters, such as "All the characters have gone barking mad".
Garibaldi O'brien is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 06:14 PM   #25
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

How did Adama ever keep command of a battlestar?

Why isn't Baltar dead?

Why isn't Tigh dead?

Is Lee metro?

Should Starbuck have stayed dead?

Ok well honestly I haven't lost any sleep over this. I did have a nightmare about those talking Irish lemurs from Star Wars: Clone Wars though.

RAMA
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 06:16 PM   #26
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
 
Warp Coil's Avatar
 
Location: MD, USA
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

RDM has said in recent interviews that many of the show's mysteries and plot points will come together by the end of the series. I have hope that many of the things listed in this thread will be addressed.

My biggest questions:

- Who is HeadSix? Who is HeadBaltar? Who was NotLeoben? Are they all the same person/entity? The "higher power" that's the architect of the entire story?

- What is so special about Hera? We know she's supposed to be the first Human/Cylon hybrid but supposedly there's more than that.

- What's with the Opera House?

- If the Final Five are from earth, and the Significant Seven from the colonies, how did anyone even know there were a total of 12 cylon models? And who programmed the Significant Seven to not think about the Final Five?

- How did the Final Five end up at the colonies 2,000 years after earth's demise?

- What is Starbuck?
__________________
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is online now  
Old February 10 2009, 10:14 PM   #27
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain
 
hyzmarca's Avatar
 
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Evil_Admiral wrote: View Post
hyzmarca wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post
1. What is Kara? Guess: She's precisely what she feared she was in the Season opener...eg. "they" (whoever 'they' are) copied her consciousness perfectly and put it in a replicated body. (Considering one of the characters in Caprica, this seems likely and rather ironic...Cylon technology, from a Colonial perspective, has come full circle...) She's the ultimate hybrid.
Perhaps Kara is Space Jesus.
No, Baltar is Jesus. =P
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Jesus and Space Jesus are two totally different Jesii. There's also Raptor Jesus, Robot Jesus, Cyborg Jesus, Evil Jesus from the Mirror Universe, Kaiju Jesus, Zombie Jesus, Nazi Jesus, Optijesus Prime, and several Werejesuses - individuals bitten by Jesus and thus cursed to transform into Jesuses themselves on the night of the full moon.
hyzmarca is offline  
Old February 10 2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Time Vortex
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Ethros wrote: View Post
What's the deal with Hera and Baltar/Head Six?
At the end of Season 1 and at times in Season 2 it's implied Hera is the offspring of Baltar and Head-Six as opposed to Athena & Helo. Yet she certainly looks like Athena's kid...
Yet it hasn't been touched on for ages
As a side note, did y'all catch who carried Hera out of the cell in the last episode? It was Six. Coincidence?
Peacemaker is offline  
Old February 11 2009, 12:45 AM   #29
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral
 
Sharr Khan's Avatar
 
Location: USA Ct
View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Ethros wrote: View Post
What's the deal with Hera and Baltar/Head Six?
At the end of Season 1 and at times in Season 2 it's implied Hera is the offspring of Baltar and Head-Six as opposed to Athena & Helo. Yet she certainly looks like Athena's kid...
Yet it hasn't been touched on for ages
As a side note, did y'all catch who carried Hera out of the cell in the last episode? It was Six. Coincidence?
I noticed and remember thinking: Hmmm Kobol Opera House.

Sharr
Sharr Khan is offline  
Old February 11 2009, 01:04 AM   #30
chrisspringob
Commodore
 
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

How/why did the Cylons develop a religion that they all believe in deeply in just the last few decades since they rebelled against humanity?

How could there be Cylons on Earth millenia ago, long before the other Cylons existed?

If the Final Five are from Earth, then how did the other Cylons know about them?

In fact, how did knowledge of Earth ever make it back to Kobol / the colonies in the first place?

What was the point of the Cylons letting that Basestar be destroyed in Kobol's Last Gleaming?

What was the point of Boomer trying to assassinate Adama at that particular moment in Kobol's Last Gleaming? Wouldn't Boomer (or the Cylons in general) have had plenty of better opportunities, when there weren't so many other people around with guns who could easily stop her?
chrisspringob is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
starbuck

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.