Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 9 2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Saw this on another forum here for another show, thought it would fit here in this forum as well. What mysteries are burning in your loins. For me:

1.) What the Frak is Kara?
2.) How do the Hybrids fit in to all of this?
3.) What he Frak happened on Earth 2,000 years ago
4.) Why/How is everyone on Earth a Cylon
5.) How and Why did the final 5 survive 2,000 years ago to now

Your turn.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 9 2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile
Re: Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Where's Ellen been for 18 Months? What's she been doing in that time? Assuming she resurrected right or close to after she done take the hemlock.

Sharr
Old February 9 2009, 08:41 PM   #3
xanderwess
Commander

She has been busy frakking the frak out of that frakkin' Cavil. She liked it back on New Caprica, and she likes it now with her new body and new cooch. He likes it too......
Old February 9 2009, 08:43 PM   #4
MetroKid
Lieutenant Commander

She's be bumming around the spaceport on Picon.
Old February 9 2009, 08:58 PM   #5
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

In a civilization of over 20 billion, why would 4 of the 12 Cylon models be aboard (or at least recently aboard) a soon to be decommissioned Battlestar in the hours leading up to the attack?

Tigh, Tyrol, Boomer, Doral

Assuming you can't get away with too many Fives and Eights running around the Colonies prior to the attacks, I've always thought that was fishy. Why waste two of them on the Galactica? Did it have something to do with Tigh and Tyrol being aboard? I hope "The Plan" touches on this a little bit.
Old February 9 2009, 09:02 PM   #6
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
In a civilization of over 20 billion, why would 4 of the 12 Cylon models be aboard (or at least recently aboard) a soon to be decommissioned Battlestar in the hours leading up to the attack?

Tigh, Tyrol, Boomer, Doral

I've always thought that was fishy. I hope "The Plan" touches on this a little bit.
Well, Doral and Boomer were there for sabotage. Doral knew he was, Boomer did not. They are many copies ...as we saw there was a Six on Caprica and a Six on Pegasus (and who knows where else). An older battlestar is still a potential threat, so their presence is no real mystery.

Tyrol and Tigh on the other hand...
Old February 9 2009, 09:05 PM   #7
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

^
Yeah, plus Shelly Godfrey, etc. but how many copies of the same person can you get away with having run around the military before some notices? Especially since it seems a lot of them had been living these lives for years. You'd think sooner or later some like a Tyrol who had been transferred around a bit would notice the Boomer on Galactica and the "_____" Look and act the same.

I'm thinking the Cylons were somehow unknowingly drawn to Galactica on a subconscious level the same way the Final four were drawn to each other in Crossroads.
Old February 9 2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

You'd think sooner or later some like a Tyrol who had been transferred around a bit would notice the Boomer on Galactica and the "_____" Look and act the same.
I think the Final Five are a separate case, given it seems there is only one "model on the road" at any given time.

For the Significant Seven that's a bit more problematic.

Sharr
Old February 9 2009, 09:44 PM   #9
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

^
That's what I meant, I'm just a boob that is horrendous at trying to explain himself.
Old February 9 2009, 09:51 PM   #10
Harvey
Admiral

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Yeah, plus Shelly Godfrey, etc. but how many copies of the same person can you get away with having run around the military before some notices? Especially since it seems a lot of them had been living these lives for years. You'd think sooner or later some like a Tyrol who had been transferred around a bit would notice the Boomer on Galactica and the "_____" Look and act the same.
(1) There was only one copy of Sharon in the fleet, and she was on board the Galactica. Problem: why was she on-board such an insignificant ship? Possible solution: it wasn't networked, and the Cylons wanted insurance onboard. Counter-argument: Why didn't Boomer immediately act during the attack to destroy Galactica, then?

(2) The Cylons only recently infiltrated the colonies, and weren't expecting to be with the colonials for long, thus avoiding the discovery problem. Problem: Boomer certainly seemed to have been in the military for a while. Solution: It's just a fake backstory, and if anyone bothered to look at the records, they'd discover she hadn't been around for long.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old February 10 2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Velocity
Rear Admiral

Okay, what exactly are the Hybrids? Are they half cylon and half ship or what? They seem to have prophetic abilities, so does that mean that little Hera has similar abilities only she doesn't have to lay around soaking in a tub?

And most of all, who put the skinjobs together? Are the old-style cylons going to surprise us at the end by having more talents than are apparent? Maybe the skinjobs were (all together now) a "Secret Government Project".
Old February 10 2009, 04:37 AM   #12
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Why is it so hard to get little details right? I am referring to the number of ships (~75 vs 35), number of humans killed in the initial attacks (20 billion vs 50 billion), and how long Adama was in command of Galactica before the attack (1 year vs 7 years). >.<

What's Boomer been up to since "Downloaded" and why the change of heart?

What was the plan anyways?
Old February 10 2009, 04:46 AM   #13
Harvey
Admiral

Has the number of people killed in the attacks on the colonies ever actually been said on screen? The closest I can recall is Crossroads, and the reference was cut from the episode to the point of digitally altering the numbers on the white board at the trial, IIRC.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old February 10 2009, 05:17 AM   #14
ialfan
Fleet Captain

20 billion was established in "The Resistance" while 50 billion was said in "A Disquiet Follows My Soul".
Old February 10 2009, 05:35 AM   #15
Evil_Admiral
Commodore

1) What is Kara?

2) What/who is the Cylon god? Was it the prototype hybrid from Razor (thus confirming my "Cylon God in a bathtub" theory), or is God something else?

3) What exactly are the head Cylons/figures? Are they representations of the subconcious mind, or something else? If they are the subconcious mind, then how do we explain the foresight which Baltar's head-Six has repeatedly displayed?

4) What is the significance of the Opera House exactly?