Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old February 5 2009, 09:04 PM   #1
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Shatner's TREK ANTHOLOGY SHOW

Hosted by William Shatner...(of course, its just me Robert Scorpio)

(Fade in: Shatner sitting on a stool with the filming model of the old NCC-1701 behind him)

Hi, I'm William Shatner, and welcome to William Shatner's Star Trek; Anthology

(Shatner stand up, and walks over to a display with images from all the incarnations of Star Trek)

Over four decades ago I was very fortunate to star on a show that was, literally, before its time. It was called Star Trek, and I played the hero; Captain James T Kirk. ( zoom in on Shatner's big smile)

After several movies, and spin-off series, I have been approached to host a Star Trek Anthology show that I call, Williams Shatner’s Star Trek Anthology Show, starring me, William Shatner. On this show you will see single part episodes (storys obviously fellow FAN FIC writers) that could take place any where, and at any time, in the Star Trek universe.

(Close up on Mr. Shatner)

It could be about anything. First contact missions, aliens that kill, and my favorite, aliens that love or need to be taught how, or whatever our writers can come up with. Drama, comedy, horror..you name it! (Shatner chuckles)

So, join us right here, in this forum, for; William Shatner’s Star Trek Anthology Show

Now..in big lettering on the sceen: WILLIAM SHATNER’S; Star Trek Anthology Show. Hosted by WILLIAM SHATNER.--

So, stand alone Star Trek stories. They can not be from any of the on going fan-fics in this forum. The story could focus on established characters from the TV shows, or new characters created for the story itself.

It can really be about anything, anytime, anywhere in Trek’s universe. But the stories must be limited to no more than 3000 words.

Here is the part you will either hate…or not…but I (Robert Scorpio) in the image of William Shatner will ‘frame’ an opening and closing around your story (like Rod Sterling), as if William Shatner was the host. So do not post the story, post it to me as a PM. I work at a job that I have all day to read these things. I WILL NOT EDIT OR CORRECT your story; but I will read it to create the opening and closing tags. The tags will be generic and will not comment on your story in a bad way at all, just to introduce it as our host; Bill Shatner.

Now..here is the fun part…hopefully..

Your story must have a cast list (major characters at least)
And a chosen Director, so we know the style your story is supposed to be in (this helps a lot)

Remember, no multi-part stories. These must be short stories, ala The Twilight Zone. Preferably nothing uber-sexual, meaning, keep it in a soft-R realm, if you must push the limits.

I will read the stories first- come- first serve, and each story will get their own thread so that, if you wish, a poll will be given as a meter of how it went over with the "viewers". If you DO NOT want a poll attached to your story, let me know and I won’t create one for it.

This is not a contest. But, hopefully, a reflection of styles and, even more so, an eclectic view of the universe of Star Trek…..A spotlight on a small time character, a 'missing scene', a parody, who knows...its up to you; the writer.

Rob (alias William Shatner) Scorpio
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2009, 08:53 AM   #2
RevdKathy
Bridezilla

View RevdKathy's Twitter Profile
Re: Shatner's TREK ANTHOLOGY SHOW

We already have a contest.
It's customary to check whether people want another before appealling for entries - and to check with the mod whether it's appropriate.

Why don't you save this idea for next time it's your turn to set the challenge?
Old February 6 2009, 03:19 PM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Re: Shatner's TREK ANTHOLOGY SHOW

RevdKathy wrote: View Post
We already have a contest.
It's customary to check whether people want another before appealling for entries - and to check with the mod whether it's appropriate.

Why don't you save this idea for next time it's your turn to set the challenge?
Cool, I understand. Go ahead and close this thread then...

But let me say that it was not a contest. Just a 'series of stories' hosted by William Shatner but under a common anthology heading. Kind of like the Twilight Zone...and the 'voting' was only if they wanted it to be rated (ala Feed back)....

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote