Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7 2009, 05:53 AM   #91
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

KennyB wrote: View Post
Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Things are looking bleak, I have to admit, but I still think the resistance is going to pull this one through.
There's no resistance. There was just a coup.
Resistance IS futile.............
Pfffft, that's what you- ah, screw it, I give up.
Old February 7 2009, 05:53 AM   #92
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Oh Yeah, Romo killing that dude with a pen frakkin rocked!

How many shows have you seen where someone gets killed witha pen, hehe

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 7 2009, 05:53 AM   #93
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Excellent!

I was pretty sure Zarek would buy it in the end. Wasn't sure about Gaeta. But Adama was true to his word: no amnesty, no forgiveness.

I'm glad there was some complexity in the mutiny, too. Not everyone was completely behind it. Some changed sides. They all had their own reasons. In Kelly's case, it seems his heart tends to get the best of him--hatred for Baltar drove him to plant bombs, and loyalty to the Old Man got him to give up on the mutiny.

I hope Anders made it, but I have my doubts. Helo's not in the best shape, either.

And that is some serious metal fatigue in the bowels of Galactica. She's not long for this world.

I guess Laura and Bill won't have a lot of resistance to anything at this point, and I can imagine the ship captains are about ready to just shut the hell up and go with the flow. They'll be pretty cowed once they learn their beloved Zarek massacred the Quorum and tried to assassinate the legitimate President and overthrow the military.

Can't wait for next week!
Adama's actions in the end really show the sign of a good mercifull leader. If it were me - I would have in anger executed every one that sided with Gaeta . Not Adama. He executed the leaders of the rebellion. I guess we will never know what he decided to do with the rest of the participants of the rebellion. I don't thing that Ron Moore would use what little time is left to elaborate on their fate, but instead focus on the plot of the fate of the fleet.

I hope Anders made it to. I kind of think he will as there is so much hype of the final five. It would be crule if Ron Moore built us up with all this final five crap only to throw it out the window.

Last edited by Samson88B; February 7 2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: added information
Old February 7 2009, 05:54 AM   #94
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post

The pen is mightier than the gun?

-Ronald Reagan
Old February 7 2009, 05:55 AM   #95
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

It's almost happened twice in this one.

Yeah, that scene was awesome.
Old February 7 2009, 05:55 AM   #96
Velocity
Commodore

Yeah, that pen was mightier than....
Old February 7 2009, 06:03 AM   #97
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

PurpleBuddha wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post

Why would they go back to earth?

Remember, Ron Moore already said that the dead planet was earth and there will not be some other planet they find which really is earth. The "wings of an angel" were the wings from Starbuck's ship, as it was her crashed ship that lead them to earth.
I never said they would go back to Earth. Rather, I said that they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel."

Read more carefully. There can be more than one Earth. There can be more than one fulfillment of the words "on the wings of an angel." That's standard to prophetic statements in literature.
Read more carefully? Good advice.

I did read carefully which is why I put the part about RDM in my post. RDM said they will not find another earth because that would, in his opinion, betray the audience too much.
You're still not reading carefully.

I never said they would go back to Earth. That's your statement. This means, in case you can't parse your own words, that you thought I was saying they would return to the place called "Earth" a few episodes back. They won't find another such place called "Earth." Yet this doesn't contradict anything I wrote. Try reading carefully...yet again.

I have said not a word to contradict RDM, taking your own statements as a reference. Once again, you need to bone up on the difference between sense and reference.
Old February 7 2009, 06:05 AM   #98
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

I never said they would go back to Earth. Rather, I said that they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel."

Read more carefully. There can be more than one Earth. There can be more than one fulfillment of the words "on the wings of an angel." That's standard to prophetic statements in literature.
Read more carefully? Good advice.

I did read carefully which is why I put the part about RDM in my post. RDM said they will not find another earth because that would, in his opinion, betray the audience too much.
You're still not reading carefully.

I never said they would go back to Earth. That's your statement. This means, in case you can't parse your own words, that you thought I was saying they would return to the place called "Earth" a few episodes back. They won't find another such place called "Earth." Yet this doesn't contradict anything I wrote. Try reading carefully...yet again.

I have said not a word to contradict RDM, taking your own statements as a reference. Once again, you need to bone up on the difference between sense and reference.
LOL. You said they would "find Earth". RDM said they already found it. If they find a different planet it won't be earth.

Please read my entire post before replying next time. You sound worse than some of the people in TNZ.

-Ronald Reagan
Old February 7 2009, 06:06 AM   #99
Starwind
Fleet Captain

There was an interview a while back where Michael Trucco (Anders) said tptb wanted to work in the spectacular scar on his neck from the surgery after the car accident he was in. Guess this is how they're doing it.

Oh, and the Prime Hybrid never mentioned "Earth" either. He said "they will join together in the Promised Land"
Old February 7 2009, 06:14 AM   #100
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

I didn't think this one was as good as last week's episode. It started off maintaining the tension and suspense from last week but it faltered in some of the middle passages ultimately recovering some of it towards the end. It had a few nice bits but overall it really didn't grab me entirely.

I thought the "trial" hurt the pace and wasn't that interesting. Gaeta wanted to justify what he was doing by convincing himself he was being a patriot and was nothing like Zarek. I have never cared for Lampkin and this return appearance did nothing for me with the exception of him stabbing his guard with a pen. I guess though if the episode needed a lawyer and the show wanted one last appearance from Lampkin this was a way to justify it.

I didn't care for the Baltar/Six sex scene. This has become a BSG cliche. Yes, I get Baltar is a horndog and copes with stress with sex.

The Quorum is slaughtered which didn't phase me in the least given they've been nothing but annoying sniping extras in the few scenes they've been in this season. And two more bite the dust this week--Zarek and Gaeta. Any other show and it would be shocking but with BSG it is business as usual. In fact, if there isn't a suicide or death of a regular or recurring character then that would be a shock. Sadly, BSG has turned it into a predictable formula for this show and as a result guts the dramatic impact.

At this point I'm mainly sticking around for the plot/mythology(What happened to Earth, who created the skinjobs, the mystery of the Final Five, who provoked the Cylons to break the armistice, who the Cylon God is, who are the Head characters, what happened to Starbuck). I don't care about Apollo, Six is an extra, the Cylons aren't that interesting an adversary, I'm still waiting for something interesting to be done with the cult, etc etc. The only two characters I'm particularly interested in are Adama and Roslin who had the best moment this week with her unleashing her fury--"I'm coming for all of you!". Loved it.

Average--there were some tense and interesting scenes sprinkled through out but far from great or excellent in my opinion. This season has been hit or miss and with six episodes left it is going to take a lot for it overtake other series final chapters. However, it is still possible with most of the interesting plot threads yet to be addressed. Normally, I never watch promos for tv shows anymore especially serialized ones because they reveal too much but I watched the first few seconds of next week's promo hoping it would look interesting and address the mythology and re-energize my languishing interest in the show and thankfully it did.
Old February 7 2009, 06:16 AM   #101
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Wow. What an unsettling episode. From Zarek killing the quorum to the execution at the end I was on pins and needles. I'm not going to lie, I felt bad for Gaeta and Zarek in the end. Zarek's last look to Gaeta was very touching in an odd sort of way.

Anyhow, definately an "Excellent." Can't wait to see what next week's offers.
Old February 7 2009, 06:23 AM   #102
Agent Richard07
Admiral

startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
I didn't care for the Baltar/Six sex scene. This has become a BSG cliche. Yes, I get Baltar is a horndog and copes with stress with sex.
Looks like he refused it this time. He was too concerned about what was going on.
Old February 7 2009, 06:25 AM   #103
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
Looks like he refused it this time. He was too concerned about what was going on.
Which I think was the whole point of that scene that clearly went over people's heads.
Old February 7 2009, 06:56 AM   #104
omnirad
Lieutenant Commander

Gaeta's burning itch, in his stump, in his conscience, was finally quelled. By death.

Notice how often he was rubbing his ex-leg during the coup. And at the final moment of his execution he said 'It's stopped'. Nice metaphoric writing.
Old February 7 2009, 06:57 AM   #105
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
I voted Excrement!
You didn't like it?
Oh No...I LOVED it. I had a couple of friends back in highschool who used to say that all the time kinda like an inside joke. They did it soo often that I think for the rest of my life I will say Excrement instead of Excellent. Like I said...If I could have given it a higer vote I would have...
And I thought about the claw marks in the engine room. I believe that Galactica is indeed falling apart. I noticed tonight and maybe the last few episodes when they showed Galactica from space that she was awfully dirty. I kept thinking that they must have had to scrub her like a naval ship to keep her clean and since they've been on the run they haven't had time to do that kind of maintenance...