Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7 2009, 05:34 AM   #76
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Brent wrote: View Post
0 of ln(kirk^3) wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post

You've gotta be kidding

did you SEE what Zarek did?
Yeah! He added to the overall drama while doing the colonies a favor by taking charge (unlike that coward Adama).
it was a favor to kill the quorum? wtf

Adama a coward? wtf
It was wrong to kill them and a low point for Zarek, which is saying a lot. But in the end it probably will be good for the colonies. The quorum was filled with dipshits.
Old February 7 2009, 05:35 AM   #77
nx1701g
Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
The Prime Hybrid also said they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel." Sounds to me like that's the rebel baseship. IMO, Galactica will be lost in a battle with Cavil's forces and the rebel baseship will carry the fleet to Earth.
You know I like that idea.
Old February 7 2009, 05:38 AM   #78
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
The Prime Hybrid also said they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel." Sounds to me like that's the rebel baseship. IMO, Galactica will be lost in a battle with Cavil's forces and the rebel baseship will carry the fleet to Earth.
Why would they go back to earth?

Remember, Ron Moore already said that the dead planet was earth and there will not be some other planet they find which really is earth. The "wings of an angel" were the wings from Starbuck's ship, as it was her crashed ship that lead them to earth.
Old February 7 2009, 05:40 AM   #79
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Things are looking bleak, I have to admit, but I still think the resistance is going to pull this one through.
There's no resistance. There was just a coup.
Old February 7 2009, 05:42 AM   #80
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

PurpleBuddha wrote: View Post

Remember, Ron Moore already said that the dead planet was earth and there will not be some other planet they find which really is earth. The wings of an angel were the wings from Starbuck's ship, as it was her crashed ship that lead them to earth.
Although they will not land on another planet called "Earth", there is a chance they will find a new planet to call Earth. So it would be Earth in the sense that the Colonials decided to call it that.
My blog
Old February 7 2009, 05:43 AM   #81
Maestro
Vice Admiral

Except that they already found Earth. Wasn't RDM adamant that what they found was Earth. Wings of angel = Starbuck.
Old February 7 2009, 05:47 AM   #82
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Remember, Ron Moore already said that the dead planet was earth and there will not be some other planet they find which really is earth. The "wings of an angel" were the wings from Starbuck's ship, as it was her crashed ship that lead them to earth.
I never said they would go back to Earth. Rather, I said that they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel."

Read more carefully. There can be more than one Earth. There can be more than one fulfillment of the words "on the wings of an angel." That's standard to prophetic statements in literature. People around this forum need to be little less overliteral, and it wouldn't hurt to bone up on the difference between sense and reference.
Old February 7 2009, 05:48 AM   #83
Anachronus
Commodore

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
So what was up with the claw marks in the engine room after the jump was avoided? was there a dragon down there?
I think that is a crack in the hull structure.

-St. Augustine of Hippo
Old February 7 2009, 05:50 AM   #84
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

I never said they would go back to Earth. Rather, I said that they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel."

Read more carefully. There can be more than one Earth. There can be more than one fulfillment of the words "on the wings of an angel." That's standard to prophetic statements in literature.
Read more carefully? Good advice.

I did read carefully which is why I put the part about RDM in my post. RDM said they will not find another earth because that would, in his opinion, betray the audience too much.
Old February 7 2009, 05:50 AM   #85
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll just say this and leave you all to pat each others' backs: the way Admiral Gaeta and my president were treated near the end of this episode was frakking outrageous.
Old February 7 2009, 05:50 AM   #86
KennyB
Commodore

View KennyB's Twitter Profile

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Things are looking bleak, I have to admit, but I still think the resistance is going to pull this one through.
There's no resistance. There was just a coup.
Resistance IS futile.............

Old February 7 2009, 05:51 AM   #87
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I'll just say this and leave you all to pat each others' backs: the way Admiral Gaeta and my president were treated near the end of this episode was frakking outrageous.
Cry me a river.
Old February 7 2009, 05:52 AM   #88
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

The quorum bought it! OMG, they killed Dr. Fraiser again! You bastards! (oh, that was the other show with the other mass execution of a committee) The killers even bothered to close all the corpses' eyelids, too. More presentable to Gaeta that way.

Romo killed someone. Dude's HARDCORE.

I couldn't remember who Kelly was

I found this one a tad underwhelming, perhaps because the safe thing to do was to have Adama and Roslin win and that's what happened. They didn't off Tigh like I figured.

Also, Laura's refusal to handle her duties is what gave fuel to this munity. Now she's the righteous avenger? It only took how many lives to snap her out of quittersville?
Old February 7 2009, 05:52 AM   #89
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Semper Fidelis brothers! So say we all.
Old February 7 2009, 05:52 AM   #90
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

Your not selling it good enough.