New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7 2009, 05:06 AM   #31
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

Excellent

Seriously my only complaint is it went by so fast. It seems that in the end Zarek is truly a villan while Gaeta is just very misguided and miserable. I hope they keep killing off characters at this rate to keep things interesting!

It's been great to see these previous background characters get the focus in Season 4.5 so far. Dualla, Gaeta and Zarek have all come to the forefront and had their stories wrapped up or just ended. I like that.

Seeing Kelly, Gage, the quorum, Narcho, Connor, Laird, Seelix, Racetrack, Jaffee, Skulls, Vereem, etc really helped to put this episode over the top too. Having these secondary "background" characters helps propel BSG way ahead of shows like Voyager since it gives things a sense of realism seeing the same people over instead of random pilots and marines.

On another note the crack in the ship is clearly foreshadowing something to come. Awesome to see the ship fall apart. I only hope it goes down fighting like Pegasus!

Last edited by ialfan; February 7 2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old February 7 2009, 05:07 AM   #32
Agent Richard07
Admiral

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
I voted Excrement!
You didn't like it?
Old February 7 2009, 05:07 AM   #33
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Twilight wrote: View Post
Those gashes in the hull in the engine room have got to be foreshadowing something ...
My theory is: Galactica is dying.

Yeah, I agree. Galactica herself will probably not make it to the very end. In fact, I recall reading a theory that the "dying leader" in the prophesies was not Roslin but Galactica. It makes a lot of sense as well if you you consider the serpents=vipers thing that Baltar realized.
Old February 7 2009, 05:08 AM   #34
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

I went with excellent. Not quite as crazy fast paced and edge of your seat as the last episode, but it was a great conclusion to the mutiny.

Old February 7 2009, 05:08 AM   #35
Maestro
Vice Admiral

I am so disappointed in this episode. I wanted it to end with Bill strangling the life out of that pigfucker Gaeta. All that build up and he went with the firing squad. Very disappointing.
Old February 7 2009, 05:10 AM   #36
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Oh, and that promo for next week's episode, the one I saw on Space...
Old February 7 2009, 05:10 AM   #37
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post
Those gashes in the hull in the engine room have got to be foreshadowing something ...
My theory is: Galactica is dying.

Yeah, I agree. Galactica herself will probably not make it to the very end. In fact, I recall reading a theory that the "dying leader" in the prophesies was not Roslin but Galactica. It makes a lot of sense as well if you you consider the serpents=vipers thing that Baltar realized.

The Prime Hybrid also said they would find Earth "on the wings of an angel." Sounds to me like that's the rebel baseship. IMO, Galactica will be lost in a battle with Cavil's forces and the rebel baseship will carry the fleet to Earth.
Old February 7 2009, 05:11 AM   #38
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Above Average

The reason being is cause I wanted to see Roslin put a bullet to Zarek herself, in the most hurtful way. I did like that Adama put up Gaeta to a firing squad though, very fitting for what he did to Adama.

It felt a little slower in the 2nd half, I think I was expecting bigger things like Tigh taking the bomb for Adama and ending up getting killed.

It was still really good though overall, a nice conclusion to that arc. Now that the quorum is out of the way and Zarek too the President and Lee and Adama are totally in charge and this alliance with the revel Cylons will happen very easily now, which I think is important for their future. Hopefully we can get back to learning more about Earth.

I liked what we saw of the FTL engine, mechanical, me like.

Looks like Galactica is falling apart though, who knows how much more she can take. What if adding on the Cylon FTLs will put even more stress on the ship ripping it apart? Hrmmmmm

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 7 2009, 05:12 AM   #39
WendellM
Commodore

I thought the bulk of it was well done but well traveled (is this the 3rd mutiny? 4th? I've lost track) - in other words, Average. In the final moments, though, there's some real human emotion (besides anger) and a solid resolution, which just bumped it up to Above Average for me.
Old February 7 2009, 05:12 AM   #40
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Above Average, not enough main characters are dieing!
Old February 7 2009, 05:12 AM   #41
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
So what was up with the claw marks in the engine room after the jump was avoided? was there a dragon down there?
The ship is falling apart, cracks, stress, it is old and been in battle all of these years without proper repair.

Old February 7 2009, 05:12 AM   #42
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
One question... What was that paper thing that was on Adama's chest when he was about to be executed in Baltar's dream?
A target.

Did anyone else notice Zarek and Gaeta half smile at each other before the squad fired on them?

-Ronald Reagan
Old February 7 2009, 05:13 AM   #43
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

And shoot, we didn't find out what happened to Sam. Hope he pulled through alright.
Old February 7 2009, 05:13 AM   #44
Brent
Admiral

As I stated in my post above, I think when they add on the Cylon FTLs its gonna rip the ship apart or something, heh, or at least make things worse cause it just can't take the stress.

Old February 7 2009, 05:15 AM   #45
Brent
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Another excellent episode. That was a spectacular follow-up to last week. It didn't disappoint.

- I liked that Gaeta wasn't killed off in the retaking of the ship. We were given time to see him come to terms with what he did, THEN die. That happens so rarely in TV and movies.

- That Six model with the long hair was pretty easy on the eyes. I like that look.

- I'm glad they touched on Sam and Kara's relationship. We didn't get much about how she felt about him after finding out he was a cylon.

One question... What was that paper thing that was on Adama's chest when he was about to be executed in Baltar's dream?
I think the paper thing gives them something to aim at, just a guess