Stewart Narrated NASA Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

Star Trek 3 Filming To Begin
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

IDW Publishing Trek Comics For April 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Star Trek-Planet of the Apes #2
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 8 2009, 12:59 AM   #181
Shintaek
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

I gave it an Excellent

It confirmed my assumptions that Zarek was only using Gaeta. And the latter was too caught up in the optimistic revolution aspects of the coup without the consequences. It was only logical what happened to both characters in the end, though I would have liked Gaeta shooting Zarek in the CIC.

The pace was a bit hurried, but at least that arc is done and we can get to plots involving the answers we want: Kara, Final Cylon, Earth, Humanity and Rebel Cylon's fate, etc. I can't wait for next week's episode.

I don't want to watch the previews either, but I do since I don't watch Sci-Fi just for BSG, therefore their promos come up anyways during commercials.
Old February 8 2009, 01:25 AM   #182
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

You know for some reason after Gaeta foud out Zarek had the Qurom killed I though that from the look on Gaeta's face that while Zarek was harping on about having to destroy your enemies Gaeta was going to pull out a gun and kill Zarek right then and there.
Old February 8 2009, 02:10 AM   #183
Robert Maxwell
Original Recipe

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

The point of no return for Zarek has to be when he wasted the Quorum. Absolutely despicable. He was right, in his own way--they had to destroy the old government completely if they intended to replace it. But it seemed like the Quorum had a pretty good idea what he was up to and didn't want to be part of it.

At least we won't have Lee running to the President every episode with, "Madame President, what about the Quorum?!"
Old February 8 2009, 02:20 AM   #184
Harry Palmer
Admiral

I'm a little disappointed Zarek didn't yell out "Shoot straight ya' bastards don't make a mess of it!"
Old February 8 2009, 02:45 AM   #185
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Frakking excellent.

Again.

At this point, they could charge just about any price they wanted for season 4.5 DVDs, and I'll still be in.
Old February 8 2009, 03:10 AM   #186
Seven of Five
Commodore

I'm there wit ya.

Excellent again. Hell, it was awesome. Spectacular. Frakking amazing!

The level of tension was kept as high this week as it had been last week. Zarek having the Quorum bumped off was pretty dispicable, and then soon after he assumed his position as propaganda minister with his incessant rambling about Tigh being dead and Adama being sentenced.

As people have mentioned, the battle scars that Galatica seems to have look ominous, but then so did Adama taking pain meds a couple of eps ago. *denial cap firmly on*
Old February 8 2009, 03:31 AM   #187
nx1701g
Admiral

DWF wrote: View Post
Lindley wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
Oh Yeah, Romo killing that dude with a pen frakkin rocked!

How many shows have you seen where someone gets killed witha pen, hehe
Last Crusade and the River Tam Sessions, obviously. Any others?
The Joker.
Twice
Old February 8 2009, 03:34 AM   #188
Lookingglassman
Admiral

A great episode! It was one of the betters ones I have seen in a long time, real intense. I was happy Gaeta and Zarek got killed in the end. I started out liking Gaeta, but once he pulled that mutiny stunt I couldnt stand him. Zarek I never really liked because he came across as a snake oil salesman.

The best part was Roslin grabbing her balls and going off on them when she believed they executed Adama. Her roar, "and I'm coming for you!" sent shivers down my spine. Very powerful scene.

My one question I have is this: Is Anders dead? I dont remember seeing him make it to sickbay with Starbuck.
Old February 8 2009, 04:12 AM   #189
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Did anyone get a 24 vibe off this episode when they keep showing the time.
Old February 8 2009, 04:25 AM   #190
McCoy
Commodore

^ Plus that's the first show I've ever seen someone killed with a pen.
Old February 8 2009, 05:10 AM   #191
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Why would anyone ever assume that Galactica could be the dying leader?

How could a battleship be a leader, in any sense of that word?
Old February 8 2009, 05:17 AM   #192
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

Excellent. There's not a lot I have to add to what's already been said.

To those bemoaning the fact that Adama seemed to retake the ship too easily, if you'll look at the scene where he meets Roslin at the airlock, you'll notice he's flanked by marines facing outwards, as if guarding the approaches. They never used to do that before, so I wonder if they had completely retaken the ship by that point. Also, it is not established just how much time went by between retaking the CIC and executing Zarek and Gaeta (couldn't have been too long).

I really liked the look of the FTL engine. Almost steam-punkish. Reminded me of something Jules Verne era artists would dream up.

I'm really looking forward to next week...

Old February 8 2009, 05:30 AM   #193
Velocity
Rear Admiral

when they grabbed Romo to make him be Adama's lawyer, he fussed that probably no one was going to feed his dog. I wondered if the dog was more real than his (wife's) cat.

And if Sam lost enough blood to need a transfusion, will human blood do for him what cylon blood did for Roslin? Or will Athena or another cylon donate.

Not important stuff, but I wonder about this type of thing.
Old February 8 2009, 05:39 AM   #194
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Why would anyone ever assume that Galactica could be the dying leader?

How could a battleship be a leader, in any sense of that word?
Given how many of our previous assumptions have been airlocked by this half season so far, I've given up on making assumptions. Best way to go.

I don't advocate this "Galactica is dying leader" theory, but I suppose if one is considering everything in the Scrolls of Pythia to be largely metaphoric and symbolic, it's open to a wide degree of interpretation.
Old February 8 2009, 05:41 AM   #195
Robert Maxwell
Original Recipe

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Speaking of Romo, I think that's my only complaint about this episode. Why was he there? I understand his nominal purpose as Adama's lawyer for his little show trial, but it just seemed like a thin justification to bring the character back one more time.